Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Hamilton Beach (67601A) Juicer, Electric, 800 Watt, Easy To Clean, BPA Free
Color: Black|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on December 3, 2011
My wife and I have been using this juicer on a regular basis for a few months now, so we have good idea of what it can do. This is a good juicer for semi-regular use making quantities of a quart or less. We ask a lot of our juicer making four or five quarts at a time a couple of times a week. After about four months of regular use, we've noticed that the cutter/basket is getting a little dull, so we aren't getting as much juice from our produce, and it doesn't cut as quickly. The good news is that replacement baskets are only $12 on the Hamilton Beach website. This compares to around $50 to replace the Breville equivalent part. The bad news is that I just went to order a couple and they were out of stock, so I'm stuck with the dull one for now. For this reason I'm giving four stars instead of five. I may change that to three if they don't get the cutter/baskets back in stock soon. Update: The Hamilton Beach website now has them in stock. I ordered two and they were quickly delivered.

We've notice the following about using the unit: If you plan to do larger quantities, you might want to consider a more upscale unit. Depending on what you are juicing, you'll usually need to clean the cutter/basket to maintain efficiency after a quart or two. After that the screen tends to get clogged and you'll loose some juice into the pulp bin. Apples, cucumbers and the like do fine without clogging the screen, so I start with those. I'll do the carrots last since the pulp seals the little holes in the screen pretty quickly. Pineapple and ginger fibers seem to get caught in the cutting teeth, so I also do these at the end. The top also slowly fills up with pulp, and you'll need to clean it to keep going after a couple of quarts of juice making. Just pop the top and scoop it out (make sure the motor stops spinning before you remove the top); you can do a more thorough cleaning once you're done. Again, if you're just making a quart or two, none of this should be a problem.

Cleanup is fairly easy if you do it right after juicing. Most of the pulp rinses right off, but the cutter/basket takes a little scrubbing, and you want to be meticulous because once the pulp dries, it's really hard to remove.

Some folks have complained about the pulp in the juice. We actually enjoy the texture and prefer it this way. It seems like we're drinking something substantial. Just to be clear, it is still very much juice/liquid, it just contains some pulp too. We especially enjoy juicing a couple of beets into the mix for the flavor and the rich red color.

We make larger quantities of juice each time, because we don't have the time it takes to scrub and prepare the fruits and veggies every day, so we keep some in the fridge for the busy days. It's recommended that for maximum nutritional benefit you drink the juice right away, but it seems to keep and taste good for up to three days in the fridge. For folks that do daily juicing of smaller quantities, this unit should give good service at a very reasonable price.

Note: When I first plugged it in, I couldn't get it to turn on. After fooling around with it for a few minutes, I discovered that the top latch arms must be secured in very a specific way or it won't start. This is a safety measure to ensure that it won't start with the cutter/basket exposed. Now that I know what I'm doing it starts right up every time. Make absolutely sure that you have the top exactly in place before you send it back as DOA.
1,457 people found this helpful
|2323 comments|Report abuse
on April 11, 2012
I purchased this juicer after reading the book "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" in which they recommend very nice juicers ranging from $300-$400+. After checking Consumer Reports in which this Hamilton Beach juicer is one of their recommended buys, it seemed to be a no-brainer. This thing rocks! Leftover pulp is dry dry dry, I can't imagine any other juicer doing a better job of extracting all the juice. And it doesn't matter what it is - apples, oranges, cucumbers, carrots, leafy greens like spinach and kale, it makes juice of them all with ease. And clean up is a snap (and I HATE appliances that are not easy to clean, and usually end up not using them just so I don't have to clean them). This juicer comes with a handy little brush that gets in all the little spaces and cleans the filter with little to no effort. Very few pieces - just rinse the 4 pieces with hot water and brush clean the filter and that's it! Easy peasy.
The one reason I didn't give it a perfect 5 stars...
No container included to catch your juice, you must use your own receptacle which is a pain if you're making any more than one large coffee cups worth. You have to do multiple cups of multiple veggies and fruits and mix them all together in the end.
Couple cleaning tips: Spray the pulp container lightly with pam or non-stick spray lightly before using and the stuff will slide right out. And, after all juicing is done, put a small amount of hot water through the juicer - this makes the filter much easier to clean.
890 people found this helpful
|88 comments|Report abuse
on July 5, 2015
Like everything that I get from Amazon, I bought this Juicer on my own accord and nobody has paid me to give this review. The Long and short of it is that I love this Juicer.

The Hamilton Beach 67601A Big Mouth Juice Extractor arrived already assembled inside the box. All I did was remove the plastic and little cardboard pieces that protected the sides and certain parts of the unit. The box contained the Juicer, a Manual, and a cleaning brush. On page 4 of the Manual, it shows and lists the parts & features of the unit. This particular model does not come with a Juice Cup (at least mine didn't) (which is not a problem at all). So, once you receive your order, remember to check if you have everything you need to operate the Juicer.

I went ahead and washed the parts that can be washed, and wiped the rest that I couldn't wash. The Juicer is very easy to put together as it is to take apart (for cleaning).

The motor is very strong. I was able to feed into the chute fruits & vegetables with the Food Pusher with no problem. What really impressed me is the amount of juice it is able to extract from the produce. The juice was smooth, no tiny seeds or particles or remnants of the produce in the juice that came out of the Juice Spout--which is what I expect from a juicer. There's some fizz, but if you stir the juice, it easily incorporates.

The unit is very easy to clean. The cleaning brush that came with it was very useful when cleaning the Stainless Steel Micro-Mesh Strainer Basket; but you can also use an old toothbrush. I say this because an old toothbrush has softer bristles than the (free) cleaning brush that came with the Juicer. I used the cleaning brush today, but will use an old toothbrush moving forward. The washable parts of the unit can be cleaned very easily by running it under the faucet (that's what I did), and wiping the non-washable parts with a wet, soapy, paper towel to soften any sticky residue, then wiping it again with just a wet paper towel to remove the soap. The Manual states that the washable parts are dishwasher-safe, so you can do that, too, if you like.

I am attaching some photos to show the following: (1) that there are no broken parts; (2) that the unit came complete with all its parts and already assembled; (3) that it is easy to take-a-part and clean, and then easy to put back together; and (4) the first couple of juices I made from whatever I have in the fridge.

The pitcher contains 3/4 of a cantaloupe; and the large mason jar contains one regularly-sized Fuji apple and six large ripe strawberries. They were delicious! :-)

Update: I made a Banana & Strawberry juice, and found that while it did extract juice from the bananas, there was left-over pulp from the it. I think this juicer can be "pulp-y" if softer produce is used. I'll find out as I try-on recipes from the books that I got, and will let you guys know. At any rate, I still love it.

I hope this helps anybody who is in the market for an easy-to-use, easy-to-clean, strong/powerful juicer that extracts a lot of juices.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
190 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 21, 2016
OMG! I absolutely love this juicer! I ordered this and then read a majority of the reviews and began to get concerned that maybe I had not made the best selection in a juicer. Just received this juicer yesterday and used it immediately upon arriving home. I could not be happier with this juicer! Very simple assembly required to use, a monkey could figure this out! Many reviews indicated that this juicer was extremely noisy, on the contrary! This juicer was no more noisy than your average high quality blender one might use to make smoothies, salsa, etc. It was actually much quieter than my coffee bean grinder or perhaps a close second. Seriously though people, what do you expect from something that obliterates your fruits and veggies into virtually pulp-less drinkable juice?? I did not find this juicer to be overly noisy at all!

I also saw a ton of complaints about veggies and fruit flying out of the big mouth food shoot. Really?!! Common sense tells anyone with half a brain that the grinder inside is whirling around at quite a significant speed. Why in the heck would you drop food down the shoot while it is running? That is just complete ignorance. I found that I could stuff a great amount of food to the top of the shoot, literally, then held the food pusher on top as I flipped the switch to not be problematic. I honestly believe that it is good to give the juicer that little moment of rest between each load to keep the juicer from overheating, those people who choose not to wait for the grinder basket to stop spinning/power down the juicer between loads is just begging for flying food, their juicer to overheat, and for it to quit working.

I also took the advice of several reviewers and used a plastic bag in the pulp waste container. This made for very quick clean up. Additionally, this thing was an absolute breeze to clean! I highly recommend that you clean it immediately after use. Do not leave it sitting or your will have a problem cleaning it, but honestly the only part I had to scrub was the grinder/screen basket in order to get the pulp residue off the screen. Common sense tells you that the screen basket, again, is spinning a very fast speed sucking all the juice it possibly can from your produce that along with the slight heat of the machine and air will dry that pulp out very quickly so do not waste a moment cleaning it out or your will have a problem.

Additionally, I took heed to more reviewer advise and juiced my carrots lastly. The carrots really do clog the screen quickly. I did my carrots in 2 stages, rinsing in between in order to get the most juice possible from those babies. It was really not a big deal to remove the grinder/screen basket (once it stopped spinning) and rinse it with warm water, then replace it back in to the juicer to proceed.

This juicer is very powerful and made a lot more juice than I expected. I love it! I plan to use it regularly and I recommend this particular model to anyone looking to juice on a budget! You really get bang for your bucks on this model! Seriously, you do not need to spend $150 - $300 for a juicer unless you are opening a juice bar in the mall!

The juice pictured was my first batch consisting of 1 med. golden delicious apple, 1 beet (3" diameter), 2 lg. celery stalks, 1 in. peeled ginger root, 1/2 peeled lemon, 3 cups spinach leaves, and 7 lg. carrots. That is a lot of juice there! Very tasty too!Hamilton Beach 67650A Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor
review image
63 people found this helpful
on April 1, 2017
Easy to use - super easy to clean and makes juice in 1/4 of the time it takes me to make it in my vitamix. LOVE the hint in the instructions - just put a plastic grocery bag in the pulp collection bin and you barely have to clean it (if at all)! I use those mini garbage bags from the dollar tree. LOVE it!
20 people found this helpful
on September 17, 2017
Many years ago....when the 'Juice Man' first came on the scene, I bought a juicer much like this. I had it for years and used it most every day, and it never failed me. Life happens, and fast forward many years later; I decided to buy another juicer. My sister spent a few hundred dollars on a juicer that seemed to me to be illogical and a complete waste of money. I wanted simple and cost-effective - then I came across this on Amazon amongst all the high-priced juicers. This was familiar, so I bought it. It did not disappoint. I love it and use it almost every day. It's basic and does what it is supposed to do at a fraction of the high-priced gadgets that never work as well as they promise. I have no problem with clean up either. This comes with a brush for for the filter (my...very...old one did not); but, I just use the knife I cut the fruits/vegitables with to scrape the sides, then brush the rest off...it's not a big deal. Since I cannot compost where I am, I dump the solids in the sink, spray water on it, then pick up what won't go down the drain....it's not that much.
8 people found this helpful
on January 8, 2016
I have used this over a dozen times now since receiving it in early December. It works perfectly fine. This machine is used for mostly hard veggie and not for leafy greens or fruits. Definitely not for fruits. For leafy greens, I ordered the Omega 8003 horizontal slow juicer refurbished.

This creation will seem to last actually a lifetime, parts and motor. I only juice about 2 cups total at a time for one person. That's about all you need. And when I do turn it on, I don't leave it on. The key to longevity of this machine is shortness of the "on" button. I probably say that it's turned on LESS than 20 seconds total every time I use it.

I bought a refurbished one. I buy refurbished for all machines. Works perfectly fine, and I have no problem with that. Why spend more on a new one when you can get a used one for cheaper and that functions just as well? That's a no-brainer!

This machine works best for ginger, carrots, beets, cucumber, zucchini, and the likes. Remember, definitely not for fruits. Either eat your fruits or use a old fashion hand press juicer.

If you're looking to get started into juicing, I would buy this cheap one and the Omega 8003 or 8004 for leafy greens, especially wheat grass, and a old fashion hand press juicer for citrus fruits. That's it, as for a raw vegan starter.

Update: It's November 3rd, 2017. I had this machine for almost two years and it's a beast. I've gone from juicing 2 cups a day to about 6 to 8 cups a day.

I would go into a cheap store and buy the cheapest apples to juice. I also juice cucumbers with the peels on, carrots, and celebrities. With all juicing meal, I add in either an inch of ginger or turmeric and sweet pepper.

I never felt happier or healthier in my life.

For a machine that's under $50, it's definitely a lifesaver.

I have almost completely stopped eating out and about 95 percent of my diet is plant-based. It took me 2 years to get to this level. In about another 2 or 3 more years, I'll be the healthiest man in the universe with completely juicing and blending (get an cheap blender will do, without ice which breaks the blade).

Although I'm 39 years old, I feel like I'm 13 years old again. My lower back problem has gone away. Countless other health and skin related issues had disappeared due to juicing daily.

At the rate of this machine's functioning, I say it'll last me at least 5 more years. So that's 7 years or more for a machine that originally cost me under $50! Crazy cheap! I'm definitely happy.
12 people found this helpful
on February 25, 2018
 This juicer is just about as good as can be expected for the price. Clean-up is easy, and that's good because it's rather messy. I usually end up with juice and pulp scattered around the counter from the process of running the pulp through a second time. I've posted a video below to show what I mean. In it I'm processing pineapple and orange juice. It bothers me that the pulp still has so much juice left in it that I'm unable to get out. But I wanted something cheap and I guess you can't have it all.
7 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on January 8, 2018
This juicer is exactly what I wanted and needed. I use it every day to make some fresh vegetable and fruit juice, and I'm having a lot of fun trying different combinations. The product provides a cleaning brush with very stiff bristles, and it is very helpful in removing the pulp from the strainer.

The parts and easy to put together and pull apart for quick and easy cleaning. The juicer is a bit loud, but that is to be expected with the power this machine has. I have had no problems with any of the parts, and I've juiced apples, broccoli, beets (be careful of the juice as it stains very quickly), carrots, cucumbers, chard, oranges (with the peel), limes, strawberries, and pineapple.

The only draw back that I've seen is that because the machine is so powerful, when I drop some food in the chute while the blades are going, some pieces fly back out. They aren't big pieces, and I honestly don't mind. My only concern is when I'm juicing beets because the juice that comes flying out can stain very easily. This isn't really a drawback for me. I just wear t-shirt or an apron.

I do use a small trash bag for the pulp collector to keep that clean. It's one less thing to hand wash/put in the dishwasher, and it makes taking out the trash easy.
5 people found this helpful
on December 16, 2016
This juicer powered thru six baskets of oranges in one sitting without problems, it has a strong motor. This item does no come with a cup, you use your own and I have even used a bowel for large juicing for canning. You can place a plastic grocery bag or small trash liner in the large bin for easier clean up.
The collection bin does not "lock' to the base so at times I would have juice leaking out of the seal between the lid and base. Also when I juiced a lot of oranges and was placing multiple oranges in the neck at times seeds would shoot back out of the top.. The brush that comes with the juicer cleaned the blades very easily and was a great item to have and while scrubbing the blades the brush did not have any bristles come loose or stick to the blades/screen. Clean up is easy and all but the base is dishwasher safe. The mouth is wide and I was able to feed whole medium oranges and SMALL apples into the neck without having to cut them up. overall a good product.
4 people found this helpful