Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on December 3, 2011
My wife and I have been using this juicer on a regular basis for a few months now, so we have good idea of what it can do. This is a good juicer for semi-regular use making quantities of a quart or less. We ask a lot of our juicer making four or five quarts at a time a couple of times a week. After about four months of regular use, we've noticed that the cutter/basket is getting a little dull, so we aren't getting as much juice from our produce, and it doesn't cut as quickly. The good news is that replacement baskets are only $12 on the Hamilton Beach website. This compares to around $50 to replace the Breville equivalent part. The bad news is that I just went to order a couple and they were out of stock, so I'm stuck with the dull one for now. For this reason I'm giving four stars instead of five. I may change that to three if they don't get the cutter/baskets back in stock soon. Update: The Hamilton Beach website now has them in stock. I ordered two and they were quickly delivered.

We've notice the following about using the unit: If you plan to do larger quantities, you might want to consider a more upscale unit. Depending on what you are juicing, you'll usually need to clean the cutter/basket to maintain efficiency after a quart or two. After that the screen tends to get clogged and you'll loose some juice into the pulp bin. Apples, cucumbers and the like do fine without clogging the screen, so I start with those. I'll do the carrots last since the pulp seals the little holes in the screen pretty quickly. Pineapple and ginger fibers seem to get caught in the cutting teeth, so I also do these at the end. The top also slowly fills up with pulp, and you'll need to clean it to keep going after a couple of quarts of juice making. Just pop the top and scoop it out (make sure the motor stops spinning before you remove the top); you can do a more thorough cleaning once you're done. Again, if you're just making a quart or two, none of this should be a problem.

Cleanup is fairly easy if you do it right after juicing. Most of the pulp rinses right off, but the cutter/basket takes a little scrubbing, and you want to be meticulous because once the pulp dries, it's really hard to remove.

Some folks have complained about the pulp in the juice. We actually enjoy the texture and prefer it this way. It seems like we're drinking something substantial. Just to be clear, it is still very much juice/liquid, it just contains some pulp too. We especially enjoy juicing a couple of beets into the mix for the flavor and the rich red color.

We make larger quantities of juice each time, because we don't have the time it takes to scrub and prepare the fruits and veggies every day, so we keep some in the fridge for the busy days. It's recommended that for maximum nutritional benefit you drink the juice right away, but it seems to keep and taste good for up to three days in the fridge. For folks that do daily juicing of smaller quantities, this unit should give good service at a very reasonable price.

Note: When I first plugged it in, I couldn't get it to turn on. After fooling around with it for a few minutes, I discovered that the top latch arms must be secured in very a specific way or it won't start. This is a safety measure to ensure that it won't start with the cutter/basket exposed. Now that I know what I'm doing it starts right up every time. Make absolutely sure that you have the top exactly in place before you send it back as DOA.
2323 comments| 1,397 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 11, 2012
I purchased this juicer after reading the book "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" in which they recommend very nice juicers ranging from $300-$400+. After checking Consumer Reports in which this Hamilton Beach juicer is one of their recommended buys, it seemed to be a no-brainer. This thing rocks! Leftover pulp is dry dry dry, I can't imagine any other juicer doing a better job of extracting all the juice. And it doesn't matter what it is - apples, oranges, cucumbers, carrots, leafy greens like spinach and kale, it makes juice of them all with ease. And clean up is a snap (and I HATE appliances that are not easy to clean, and usually end up not using them just so I don't have to clean them). This juicer comes with a handy little brush that gets in all the little spaces and cleans the filter with little to no effort. Very few pieces - just rinse the 4 pieces with hot water and brush clean the filter and that's it! Easy peasy.
The one reason I didn't give it a perfect 5 stars...
No container included to catch your juice, you must use your own receptacle which is a pain if you're making any more than one large coffee cups worth. You have to do multiple cups of multiple veggies and fruits and mix them all together in the end.
Couple cleaning tips: Spray the pulp container lightly with pam or non-stick spray lightly before using and the stuff will slide right out. And, after all juicing is done, put a small amount of hot water through the juicer - this makes the filter much easier to clean.
88 comments| 836 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 5, 2015
Like everything that I get from Amazon, I bought this Juicer on my own accord and nobody has paid me to give this review. The Long and short of it is that I love this Juicer.

The Hamilton Beach 67601A Big Mouth Juice Extractor arrived already assembled inside the box. All I did was remove the plastic and little cardboard pieces that protected the sides and certain parts of the unit. The box contained the Juicer, a Manual, and a cleaning brush. On page 4 of the Manual, it shows and lists the parts & features of the unit. This particular model does not come with a Juice Cup (at least mine didn't) (which is not a problem at all). So, once you receive your order, remember to check if you have everything you need to operate the Juicer.

I went ahead and washed the parts that can be washed, and wiped the rest that I couldn't wash. The Juicer is very easy to put together as it is to take apart (for cleaning).

The motor is very strong. I was able to feed into the chute fruits & vegetables with the Food Pusher with no problem. What really impressed me is the amount of juice it is able to extract from the produce. The juice was smooth, no tiny seeds or particles or remnants of the produce in the juice that came out of the Juice Spout--which is what I expect from a juicer. There's some fizz, but if you stir the juice, it easily incorporates.

The unit is very easy to clean. The cleaning brush that came with it was very useful when cleaning the Stainless Steel Micro-Mesh Strainer Basket; but you can also use an old toothbrush. I say this because an old toothbrush has softer bristles than the (free) cleaning brush that came with the Juicer. I used the cleaning brush today, but will use an old toothbrush moving forward. The washable parts of the unit can be cleaned very easily by running it under the faucet (that's what I did), and wiping the non-washable parts with a wet, soapy, paper towel to soften any sticky residue, then wiping it again with just a wet paper towel to remove the soap. The Manual states that the washable parts are dishwasher-safe, so you can do that, too, if you like.

I am attaching some photos to show the following: (1) that there are no broken parts; (2) that the unit came complete with all its parts and already assembled; (3) that it is easy to take-a-part and clean, and then easy to put back together; and (4) the first couple of juices I made from whatever I have in the fridge.

The pitcher contains 3/4 of a cantaloupe; and the large mason jar contains one regularly-sized Fuji apple and six large ripe strawberries. They were delicious! :-)

Update: I made a Banana & Strawberry juice, and found that while it did extract juice from the bananas, there was left-over pulp from the it. I think this juicer can be "pulp-y" if softer produce is used. I'll find out as I try-on recipes from the books that I got, and will let you guys know. At any rate, I still love it.

I hope this helps anybody who is in the market for an easy-to-use, easy-to-clean, strong/powerful juicer that extracts a lot of juices.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 15, 2018
Juicing is something new we're trying... This unit is the right price for that. If we continue the habit, we'll look into upgrading to a higher end model that is more appealing for our counter top (this is big, so you can't store it away easy), cleans up easier, and includes some type of collection container or has a spout higher off the counter top. You can't fit a very big cup under the spout on this one because of where it's placed so large batches aren't as feasible. It really does work and is easy to use, so I would overall recommend.
on January 13, 2018
The motor switch worked for two batches and was iffy not coming on easily at all. Then it would not turn on again no matter what I did to troubleshoot according to the directions. I bought one at Walmart which is the same model with a different switch and it has worked perfectly. I've decided not to return the defective one because the parts are interchangeable and it is beneficial to have replacement strainer as the one gets clogged rather quickly. I've just switched out the canister and strainer and kept on juicing. I figure that I have it, I might as well use it rather than to have to return it in the mail.
on January 10, 2018
Mine is not working properly. Right out of the box one of the metal brackets that hold the lid on is not as tight as it should be, therefore it's not making contact with the safety button to start the motor. In order to get it to work it takes two people one to hold pressure on the bracket and the other to put in the vegetables so that's a bummer. Other than that, it makes juice.
on January 17, 2018
I like this juicer. This is the first one I've owned and for the most part it works pretty good. The only downfall, for me is the mess. I tried putting in a small bag to catch all the skin and shavings and such, and granted it's not as much of a mess, but still fairly messy. It's not quick and easy as it claims to be otherwise, I would have been happy to give it a higher rating. Not for those mornings you want to do a quick fresh juice, if you want to also have time to clean up.
on October 31, 2015
This has been a great investment and an easy way to get vegetable and fruit nutrients in my body. It's a good price compared to other websites and brands and I haven't had any issues with it. It's definitely a fast juicer so it is normal for it to be pretty noisy and leave a lot of fiber waste that can be thrown out, used in recipes or used as fertilizer. Cleaning it is pretty simple and can be done with just water but would recommend to clean it with soap or even bleach once in a while to make sure you rid of all bacteria; breaking down and putting back together is extremely easy after a few times. As long as you cut vegetables and fruits small enough to fit through the mouth, not be too forceful with it, remove big hard seeds and clean it properly every time after use, it will be as good as new for a long time. I purchased the 2-year protection plan but still haven't had to use it. I will passing this down since to my parents since I have now purchased a masticator, which is more pricey and slower, but less noisy and leaves significantly less fiber waste.
on May 7, 2013
This is my first juicer. I didn't want to spend a lot of money since I wasn't sure if this would be another fad for me or something I could stick with. I have now used this juicer almost every day for about a month. I love, love, love it. As far as cleanup, I bought a sturdier brush for about $3 to clean the "basket" piece. I use a plastic bag in the collector to transfer the pulp to our compost bucket. I've been putting the rest of the pieces in the dishwasher. I place a paper towel under the collection cup to catch any drippings that may occur when I move the cup to pour juice into a larger container. I find the clean up to be a breeze. I know there a lot of juice recipes out there and many call for adding things in a certain order, but I basically grab (and clean) whatever seems appetizing and/or healthiest at the moment and juice it in whatever order I feel like. So far, my husband and I have been very pleased with the results. I think I've developed a good habit and I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg to make it happen.
on May 25, 2017
Great juicer! We have been using a little over a month and it has worked great for any fruit or vegetable we have tried. It does require a bit of clean up, and I recommend cleaning immediately after use, a plastic bag in the catch basin is recommended for easy clean up.