Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,011 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,105 reviews
on April 16, 2012
Like many people, I was inspired by the "Fat sick and nearly dead" documentary. I can not compare it to other juicers as this is my first and only one I own. I did do a lot of research however, and for what its worth, the Hamilton is one of the cheapest ones on the market. Will a extra $200 get you a better juicer? I do not know, however this does get the job done, very well.

I have so far juiced, carrots, apples, ginger roots, celery, kale, broccoli, lemons/limes, spinach, and mango. All produce varying amounts of juice, but for the most part the pulp that comes out is pretty dry. I have re-juiced the pulp to see if I get more anything but I get a few drips out of it at most and do not find it worthwhile.

The one issue I have with this however is cleaning the metal centrifuge thing is a pain in the rear. It comes with a brush and it really is the only thing that can clean it. The rest of the plastic that comes in contact with juice or pulp is dishwasher safe, but if you don't clean it immediately it is pretty ineffective. My tip is to hand clean it RIGHT AFTER you juice. If you leave anything with pulp on it, it will make cleaning 10 times harder. I guess my only other thing is, due to the height of the machine, the cup that catches the juice is some what small. I make anywhere from 1-2 quarts of juice at a time so I have to dump the juice into a pitcher a few times.

Another tip: if you line the pulp collector with a plastic (grocery) bag, you don't even have to clean that thing at all.

All in all, if you want a great juicer but don't want to spend the big bucks (>$200) this is the way to go. Just know that with healthy choices, comes cleaning chores.
88 comments| 748 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2016
HORRIBLE PRODUCT EXPERIENCE! This juicer was CLEARLY USED! Disgusting for a juicer! BEWARE of this seller, I am adding this name to my "DO NOT BUY" list! Gross fingerprints and sticky residue on the On/Off knob, and gross orange substance that looks 'splattered' on the base. Absolutely horrified and disgusted. You have no idea how excited and anxious I was to order this... GROSS! I have photos!!!
review image review image
on December 31, 2013
Like most other reviewers I bought this after deciding to make a lifestyle change , then I watched the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and I was positive i was making the right decision. I read the reviews before purchasing any product on amazon and the reviews are what lead me to this juicer. I was on the brink of buying a Breville however the price of this juicer at 800 watts is what got me interested in this one. at half the price of the Breville. i've only had this juicer for a short time but here is my review.

1: Noise: its not as loud as I thought it would be....yes there is noise but I could still talk in my kitchen without yelling and still be heard.

2: Juice Quantity: I juiced 3 apples and four carrots and i almost overfilled the cup that was provided with the juicer..i think it may be a 12 oz cup. The pulp was mostly dry and it looked like chopped Styrofoam

3: Clean Up: There is basically four parts to clean up. the blade itself , the cylinder the blade sits on , the feed chute top and the glass. Im not counting the pulp basket because like other reviewers I put in plastic grocery bags in it to save on clean up. I found that spraying the plastic pieces with hot water pretty much cleaned it well. The blade itself i also cleaned with hot water and the brush it came with...pretty simple and easy.

If you are a novice juicer like me then I believe that you will be making a very smart choice in purchasing this juicer. I will update this review frequently to let you know how it is operating.
on July 4, 2012
Context: I have never had a juicer before, and I am not doing the "juicing" that people do where they do it every day. I just got one to make delicious healthy beverages and only plan to use it once a week or so.

I've used it just a few times and so far I have juiced a wide variety of fruits and veggies. You don't need to cut them up much; in fact, I have found if I do cut them up they don't juice as well. Obviously you have to cut them small enough to fit them through the chute if they are bigger than the chute (like a big melon), but the chute is pretty big. You can definitely put most stuff in there whole. I haven't tried a whole apple yet because I want to core the apple and i don't have a corer, but I've put whole cucumbers, celery, zucchini, kale, carrots, ginger, etc etc. all worked fine and got a lot of juice with a fine, dry pulp left behind. The only fruit that was a little problem was melons - I removed the skin and so the melons were very slippery and kind of flew out of the hopper in large pieces in some cases, so I did put them through again and got more juice.

Some tips for use:
Vibrating cup: the machine and the container where the pulp goes all fit together nicely, but the cup just sits there under the spout. Since the machine does vibrate a little, I found putting a silicone trivet underneath the cup was ideal so it doesn't vibrate away from the machine.

Pulp container: It's good to keep the pulp so you can use it in recipes, etc. and not too hard to scoop it out with a silicone scraper, but I have found that you can reuse the plastic bags that produce come in (if they are clean) to line the container, then pull it out and stick in the freezer or fridge. Remember you should use it up within a couple of days if you don't freeze it.

Clean the thing right away - the fine pulp comes right out of the parts with the brush if you do it when wet.

Side note: People say the pulp doesn't have any nutrition, but that's not true. It definitely has fiber and can be added to baking or sauces. It also retains some other nutrients. Ask your local nutritionist before believing the internets. :)
review image
on February 2, 2015
I searched high and low for a dummy-proof juicer for my husband, who complained that our other "glorified" juicer was too complex. I read the reviews, compared options and cost compared and came up with this as the best option. I DID NOT GO WRONG!

We are the owners of the "as seen on tv" product that costs 5x as much as this. We seldom used it, mostly because the cleanup involved was ridiculous. This juicer completely changes the game!

What you have here is a very modestly priced juicer by a great company, that does a better job than my high priced version, and is easier to clean up after, which means we use it more.

We juice all kinds of fruits and vegetables, (even citrus)...though I should warn that as with other juicers that juice "peel on" citrus peel can leave a bitter taste, so if that's a problem for you, take it off...but just know you are losing most of the nutrient value if you do. This juicer does strain out the pulp (which comes out quite dry...so as a juicer it's very effective). (If you are looking for something that puree's the meat of the produce, use a food processor or a citrus juicer for citrus....not this kind of juicer).

One very important tip: ALWAYS rinse the parts immediately after juicing...do not allow pulp to dry on the plastic or metal pieces...if you do, everything I said about this being an "easy clean-up" will be null and void. Also, there is a brush that comes with the unit for cleaning the metal filter part. DON'T LOSE THIS :) It is apparently included for reason!
on May 26, 2014
First, the price on this juicer is excellent when you consider most juicers are $100 and up. I decided to give it a shot from all the positive reviews. It was working great the 1st day. I used it twice that day. I even cut the fruits and vegetables smaller just to make things easier and preserve the machine as long as possible. Day 2 I attempted to juice the same ingredients and the engine just quit cold turkey no warning. I unplugged it allowed it time to rest to see if it had just exhausted itself temporarily however, It did not turn back on again. It's another great day for juicing and here I am without a juicer. :( Will be returning for a full refund and using that money to purchase another one. I was hoping that for once I wouldn't have to spend more to get more. Great in theory however, the engine isn't so strong on this one. After careful research I may purchase the Omega 350 HD which has a long term warranty and high consumer ratings.
on December 26, 2014
Great budget juicer! I don't use it often but I did use for over a week straight while detoxing. The clean up is easy if you do it right away and don't let the pulp dry. I read in other reviews that people used grocery bags in the pulp bin to prevent a messy cleanup and tried it but I didn't really find that necessary. I just dump the pulp in the trash and easily rinse out the container. Very simple! It is loud but what do you expect when you are pulverizing whole vegetable. Definitely a great buy especially if you are just getting started with juicing and don't want to spend a lot of money!
on November 14, 2012
I think that in a prior life I must have been an eight-year-old boy because when I put the first apple into this juicer and it instantly exploded into a pulverized mess of pulp and juice I found myself squealing with glee. This juicer will make you want to squeal too, and for the money you can't get anything else comparable to this in quality on the market. I've used it to juice carrots, make kale and ginger fruit juices, and even to juice large quantities of citrus for cocktails, etc. I love it and you will too!
review image review image
on March 14, 2014
I had my doubts as this brand is more in walmart. My mom on the other hand has a higher end one that costs around 250-300 but I just couldn't afford that. I thought I would give it a try. It was completely worth the investment. I have seen some people complaining that it is hard to clean.. Well.. I find that stupid because any time you get juice pulp lodged into anything, it is going to be a little more work. I can have it disassembled and cleaned in about 5 minutes. I have used anything from celery to apples to oranges to lemons to spinach to kale and many more in this juicer. It juices nicely. I do suggest what the manual says for the pulp. Put a plastic bag you may find at walmart or the local gas station in the pulp holder. It makes it so much easier to clean up and just toss.

Highly recommend this juicer. I have had it for a little over a month and juice 4-5 days per week.
on July 27, 2013
Just fired this juicer up, and I am not disappointed! It's definitely no-frills and simple, it's true, but that was exactly what I was looking for. Before I invested a large sum of money in an expensive brand, I wanted to see if I would even use a juicer enough to justify the cost. Needless to say, I'm happy enough with this one that I have no plans to replace it anytime soon. It's easy to operate, surprisingly durable, and larger than I thought it would be. I juiced about ten ponds of carrots in almost no time - the motor just chugged right through them clean and easy. I added a golden delicious apple in the batch for a bit of natural sweetening, and it was delicious. I have to say, even the PULP was delicious! I saved some and chilled it in the fridge to enjoy as a snack - sort of like a carrot-apple sauce. I also added some to a vegetarian lentil soup I made - Yum! And here's a little secret from a person of Italian origin - I mixed a bit of the carrot pulp into my pasta sauce to take the edge off the tartness of the tomatoes. I usually will use a small bit of beef and/or pork to sweeten it, but one of my daughters is a vegetarian, so when she joins us for a pasta meal, I use carrots instead. The pulp works great! Blends in nice and smooth, and it's so easy to control the amount you use. I haven't had a chance to juice any other fruits or veggies yet, but I will. In short, I thought this was well worth the cost, especially compared to some of the other, expensive brands. I'm glad I took a chance on it!