Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 1,006 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,099 reviews
on April 16, 2012
Like many people, I was inspired by the "Fat sick and nearly dead" documentary. I can not compare it to other juicers as this is my first and only one I own. I did do a lot of research however, and for what its worth, the Hamilton is one of the cheapest ones on the market. Will a extra $200 get you a better juicer? I do not know, however this does get the job done, very well.

I have so far juiced, carrots, apples, ginger roots, celery, kale, broccoli, lemons/limes, spinach, and mango. All produce varying amounts of juice, but for the most part the pulp that comes out is pretty dry. I have re-juiced the pulp to see if I get more anything but I get a few drips out of it at most and do not find it worthwhile.

The one issue I have with this however is cleaning the metal centrifuge thing is a pain in the rear. It comes with a brush and it really is the only thing that can clean it. The rest of the plastic that comes in contact with juice or pulp is dishwasher safe, but if you don't clean it immediately it is pretty ineffective. My tip is to hand clean it RIGHT AFTER you juice. If you leave anything with pulp on it, it will make cleaning 10 times harder. I guess my only other thing is, due to the height of the machine, the cup that catches the juice is some what small. I make anywhere from 1-2 quarts of juice at a time so I have to dump the juice into a pitcher a few times.

Another tip: if you line the pulp collector with a plastic (grocery) bag, you don't even have to clean that thing at all.

All in all, if you want a great juicer but don't want to spend the big bucks (>$200) this is the way to go. Just know that with healthy choices, comes cleaning chores.
88 comments| 746 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2013
I am one of countless people who saw the documentary " Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead", and then jumped onto the juice wagon. The cost for most other juicers was pretty shocking. I did a LOT of research.....I read reviews, reports, watched youtube video reviews, comparisons, and demonstrations. It seemed too good to be true that much of what I read said that this $50 juicer was comparable to a $300 Breville. I finally decided to try it out, and heck, if it was not that great I could invest in a more expensive one later. That was four months ago, and the juicer is still doing it's job great----I have been very happy with it. A friend of mine has the top-of the line breville with all the bells and whistles, and we make several of the same recipes.....yet I get many more ounces of juice then she does. I actually use half the ingredient amounts of the standard mean-green recipe and get 24 ounces of juice, where as my friend with the breville uses the full ingredients and often gets less ounces. So this saves me money on produce as well.

Overall, if you are new to juicing and fear that it is too expensive for you to get a juicer-----you really do not need the expensive breville! This machine will do what you need! I juice everything in it----greens, root veggies, berries etc.....and it gets the job done.

The only negatives is that the little pitcher it gives you is only 20 ounces, yet many juice combos produce more juice then that. So I use a pitcher bowl under it, or a 32 oz mason jar. I also like to slide a vinyl cutting board under it to reduce vibration/ movement, and to catch any drips. It also only has one speed, but I really have not had a problem with that, and have been able to juice all types of produce without any problems. Additionally, I found the mesh part scrubs up really fast if I use the spray setting on my faucet.

Happy juicing! If my feedback was helpful for you, please click and let me know! :)
review image
on January 12, 2014
We wanted to try juicing as a healthier lifestyle choice starting the new year. Since we weren't sure how we'd actually like it, we didn't want to spend a ton of money on a really expensive juicer. We found this one and based on the price and good reviews, decided to try it out. After using it for about a week, I can honestly say we love it!! Starting off your day with a veggie/fruit juice really sets the tone and make you feel energized and ready to make healthy choices.

As far as the machine, it is pretty nice and sturdy except for the plastic clips that hold the containers together. They work fine, but I am a bit concerned that they could break easily after prolonged use. I will update if that is the case. The rest of the machine is pretty easy to use and take apart to clean. As other's have suggested, clean it immediately and all of the pulp will simply rinse off with no scrubbing or anything. The only thing that needs a bit of manpower is the metal filter/sieve as the tiny bits of pulp need to be scraped off. I make my juice, and then immediately rinse off everything and scrub the filter. It probably takes maximum 5 minutes. Just enough time for my juice to chill on ice. The machine is loud, so don't plan on doing this while others are sleeping without getting the stank eye from them.

We have juiced a wide variety of fruits and vegetables- multiple types of apples, oranges, tangerines, lemons, limes, pineapple, kale, spinach, cucumber, ginger, celery, tomatoes, jalapenos, garlic, you name it. We've tried both sweet and savory juices and they are all delicious. We also made some pure fruit juice and let me tell you, once you've had fresh orange juice there's nothing like it! One suggestion on greens-small piecey greens do not juice well in this machine. I've tried broccoli slaw and chopped kale and both basically flew through the chute into the pulp bin. Bigger, leafier greens will work better.

Here are a few tips for new users:
-Juice in the am before eating anything else. This will allow you to get maximum vitamins/minerals absorbed and maximum benefits
-If you want to keep it healthier, only add 1 piece of fruit. 1 apple will add a lot of sweetness, so you don't need to go overboard (unless that's what you like ofcourse) Carrots and beets also have a good amount of sugar, so keep that in mind. Lemons/lime add a "sweet sour" taste without as much sugar too.
-Peel oranges/tangerines/lemons/limes and remove core/seeds from apples to remove a bit of the bitterness.
-Drink your juice asap after making it; it will start to oxidize and lose vital nutrients. I have read you can keep juice in an air tight container for up to 12 hours if you need to make in advance, but you will lose some of the nutrients compared to freshly made.
-The bag in the pulp bin is nice, but honestly it takes a whole 1 min to dump the pulp and rinse it off. I think it's kind of a waste of plastic bags, but if you don't mind then it does save a tiny bit of time.
-Personally I like the juice better on ice; it's more refreshing and it kind of dulls the flavor a tiny bit. Hot spinach juice can be a little hard to handle first thing in the am.

Overall, I really love this juicer and don't regret purchasing in the slightest. It may not be the most expensive high quality juice on the market, but it fits our needs and does the job perfectly. I highly recommend!

on May 23, 2016
HORRIBLE PRODUCT EXPERIENCE! This juicer was CLEARLY USED! Disgusting for a juicer! BEWARE of this seller, I am adding this name to my "DO NOT BUY" list! Gross fingerprints and sticky residue on the On/Off knob, and gross orange substance that looks 'splattered' on the base. Absolutely horrified and disgusted. You have no idea how excited and anxious I was to order this... GROSS! I have photos!!!
review image review image
on December 31, 2013
Like most other reviewers I bought this after deciding to make a lifestyle change , then I watched the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and I was positive i was making the right decision. I read the reviews before purchasing any product on amazon and the reviews are what lead me to this juicer. I was on the brink of buying a Breville however the price of this juicer at 800 watts is what got me interested in this one. at half the price of the Breville. i've only had this juicer for a short time but here is my review.

1: Noise: its not as loud as I thought it would be....yes there is noise but I could still talk in my kitchen without yelling and still be heard.

2: Juice Quantity: I juiced 3 apples and four carrots and i almost overfilled the cup that was provided with the juicer..i think it may be a 12 oz cup. The pulp was mostly dry and it looked like chopped Styrofoam

3: Clean Up: There is basically four parts to clean up. the blade itself , the cylinder the blade sits on , the feed chute top and the glass. Im not counting the pulp basket because like other reviewers I put in plastic grocery bags in it to save on clean up. I found that spraying the plastic pieces with hot water pretty much cleaned it well. The blade itself i also cleaned with hot water and the brush it came with...pretty simple and easy.

If you are a novice juicer like me then I believe that you will be making a very smart choice in purchasing this juicer. I will update this review frequently to let you know how it is operating.
on February 2, 2015
I searched high and low for a dummy-proof juicer for my husband, who complained that our other "glorified" juicer was too complex. I read the reviews, compared options and cost compared and came up with this as the best option. I DID NOT GO WRONG!

We are the owners of the "as seen on tv" product that costs 5x as much as this. We seldom used it, mostly because the cleanup involved was ridiculous. This juicer completely changes the game!

What you have here is a very modestly priced juicer by a great company, that does a better job than my high priced version, and is easier to clean up after, which means we use it more.

We juice all kinds of fruits and vegetables, (even citrus)...though I should warn that as with other juicers that juice "peel on" citrus peel can leave a bitter taste, so if that's a problem for you, take it off...but just know you are losing most of the nutrient value if you do. This juicer does strain out the pulp (which comes out quite dry...so as a juicer it's very effective). (If you are looking for something that puree's the meat of the produce, use a food processor or a citrus juicer for citrus....not this kind of juicer).

One very important tip: ALWAYS rinse the parts immediately after juicing...do not allow pulp to dry on the plastic or metal pieces...if you do, everything I said about this being an "easy clean-up" will be null and void. Also, there is a brush that comes with the unit for cleaning the metal filter part. DON'T LOSE THIS :) It is apparently included for reason!
on July 4, 2012
Context: I have never had a juicer before, and I am not doing the "juicing" that people do where they do it every day. I just got one to make delicious healthy beverages and only plan to use it once a week or so.

I've used it just a few times and so far I have juiced a wide variety of fruits and veggies. You don't need to cut them up much; in fact, I have found if I do cut them up they don't juice as well. Obviously you have to cut them small enough to fit them through the chute if they are bigger than the chute (like a big melon), but the chute is pretty big. You can definitely put most stuff in there whole. I haven't tried a whole apple yet because I want to core the apple and i don't have a corer, but I've put whole cucumbers, celery, zucchini, kale, carrots, ginger, etc etc. all worked fine and got a lot of juice with a fine, dry pulp left behind. The only fruit that was a little problem was melons - I removed the skin and so the melons were very slippery and kind of flew out of the hopper in large pieces in some cases, so I did put them through again and got more juice.

Some tips for use:
Vibrating cup: the machine and the container where the pulp goes all fit together nicely, but the cup just sits there under the spout. Since the machine does vibrate a little, I found putting a silicone trivet underneath the cup was ideal so it doesn't vibrate away from the machine.

Pulp container: It's good to keep the pulp so you can use it in recipes, etc. and not too hard to scoop it out with a silicone scraper, but I have found that you can reuse the plastic bags that produce come in (if they are clean) to line the container, then pull it out and stick in the freezer or fridge. Remember you should use it up within a couple of days if you don't freeze it.

Clean the thing right away - the fine pulp comes right out of the parts with the brush if you do it when wet.

Side note: People say the pulp doesn't have any nutrition, but that's not true. It definitely has fiber and can be added to baking or sauces. It also retains some other nutrients. Ask your local nutritionist before believing the internets. :)
review image
on December 26, 2014
Great budget juicer! I don't use it often but I did use for over a week straight while detoxing. The clean up is easy if you do it right away and don't let the pulp dry. I read in other reviews that people used grocery bags in the pulp bin to prevent a messy cleanup and tried it but I didn't really find that necessary. I just dump the pulp in the trash and easily rinse out the container. Very simple! It is loud but what do you expect when you are pulverizing whole vegetable. Definitely a great buy especially if you are just getting started with juicing and don't want to spend a lot of money!
on March 14, 2014
I had my doubts as this brand is more in walmart. My mom on the other hand has a higher end one that costs around 250-300 but I just couldn't afford that. I thought I would give it a try. It was completely worth the investment. I have seen some people complaining that it is hard to clean.. Well.. I find that stupid because any time you get juice pulp lodged into anything, it is going to be a little more work. I can have it disassembled and cleaned in about 5 minutes. I have used anything from celery to apples to oranges to lemons to spinach to kale and many more in this juicer. It juices nicely. I do suggest what the manual says for the pulp. Put a plastic bag you may find at walmart or the local gas station in the pulp holder. It makes it so much easier to clean up and just toss.

Highly recommend this juicer. I have had it for a little over a month and juice 4-5 days per week.
on July 27, 2013
Just fired this juicer up, and I am not disappointed! It's definitely no-frills and simple, it's true, but that was exactly what I was looking for. Before I invested a large sum of money in an expensive brand, I wanted to see if I would even use a juicer enough to justify the cost. Needless to say, I'm happy enough with this one that I have no plans to replace it anytime soon. It's easy to operate, surprisingly durable, and larger than I thought it would be. I juiced about ten ponds of carrots in almost no time - the motor just chugged right through them clean and easy. I added a golden delicious apple in the batch for a bit of natural sweetening, and it was delicious. I have to say, even the PULP was delicious! I saved some and chilled it in the fridge to enjoy as a snack - sort of like a carrot-apple sauce. I also added some to a vegetarian lentil soup I made - Yum! And here's a little secret from a person of Italian origin - I mixed a bit of the carrot pulp into my pasta sauce to take the edge off the tartness of the tomatoes. I usually will use a small bit of beef and/or pork to sweeten it, but one of my daughters is a vegetarian, so when she joins us for a pasta meal, I use carrots instead. The pulp works great! Blends in nice and smooth, and it's so easy to control the amount you use. I haven't had a chance to juice any other fruits or veggies yet, but I will. In short, I thought this was well worth the cost, especially compared to some of the other, expensive brands. I'm glad I took a chance on it!