Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 1,005 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,098 reviews
on April 16, 2012
Like many people, I was inspired by the "Fat sick and nearly dead" documentary. I can not compare it to other juicers as this is my first and only one I own. I did do a lot of research however, and for what its worth, the Hamilton is one of the cheapest ones on the market. Will a extra $200 get you a better juicer? I do not know, however this does get the job done, very well.

I have so far juiced, carrots, apples, ginger roots, celery, kale, broccoli, lemons/limes, spinach, and mango. All produce varying amounts of juice, but for the most part the pulp that comes out is pretty dry. I have re-juiced the pulp to see if I get more anything but I get a few drips out of it at most and do not find it worthwhile.

The one issue I have with this however is cleaning the metal centrifuge thing is a pain in the rear. It comes with a brush and it really is the only thing that can clean it. The rest of the plastic that comes in contact with juice or pulp is dishwasher safe, but if you don't clean it immediately it is pretty ineffective. My tip is to hand clean it RIGHT AFTER you juice. If you leave anything with pulp on it, it will make cleaning 10 times harder. I guess my only other thing is, due to the height of the machine, the cup that catches the juice is some what small. I make anywhere from 1-2 quarts of juice at a time so I have to dump the juice into a pitcher a few times.

Another tip: if you line the pulp collector with a plastic (grocery) bag, you don't even have to clean that thing at all.

All in all, if you want a great juicer but don't want to spend the big bucks (>$200) this is the way to go. Just know that with healthy choices, comes cleaning chores.
88 comments| 744 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2014
We wanted to try juicing as a healthier lifestyle choice starting the new year. Since we weren't sure how we'd actually like it, we didn't want to spend a ton of money on a really expensive juicer. We found this one and based on the price and good reviews, decided to try it out. After using it for about a week, I can honestly say we love it!! Starting off your day with a veggie/fruit juice really sets the tone and make you feel energized and ready to make healthy choices.

As far as the machine, it is pretty nice and sturdy except for the plastic clips that hold the containers together. They work fine, but I am a bit concerned that they could break easily after prolonged use. I will update if that is the case. The rest of the machine is pretty easy to use and take apart to clean. As other's have suggested, clean it immediately and all of the pulp will simply rinse off with no scrubbing or anything. The only thing that needs a bit of manpower is the metal filter/sieve as the tiny bits of pulp need to be scraped off. I make my juice, and then immediately rinse off everything and scrub the filter. It probably takes maximum 5 minutes. Just enough time for my juice to chill on ice. The machine is loud, so don't plan on doing this while others are sleeping without getting the stank eye from them.

We have juiced a wide variety of fruits and vegetables- multiple types of apples, oranges, tangerines, lemons, limes, pineapple, kale, spinach, cucumber, ginger, celery, tomatoes, jalapenos, garlic, you name it. We've tried both sweet and savory juices and they are all delicious. We also made some pure fruit juice and let me tell you, once you've had fresh orange juice there's nothing like it! One suggestion on greens-small piecey greens do not juice well in this machine. I've tried broccoli slaw and chopped kale and both basically flew through the chute into the pulp bin. Bigger, leafier greens will work better.

Here are a few tips for new users:
-Juice in the am before eating anything else. This will allow you to get maximum vitamins/minerals absorbed and maximum benefits
-If you want to keep it healthier, only add 1 piece of fruit. 1 apple will add a lot of sweetness, so you don't need to go overboard (unless that's what you like ofcourse) Carrots and beets also have a good amount of sugar, so keep that in mind. Lemons/lime add a "sweet sour" taste without as much sugar too.
-Peel oranges/tangerines/lemons/limes and remove core/seeds from apples to remove a bit of the bitterness.
-Drink your juice asap after making it; it will start to oxidize and lose vital nutrients. I have read you can keep juice in an air tight container for up to 12 hours if you need to make in advance, but you will lose some of the nutrients compared to freshly made.
-The bag in the pulp bin is nice, but honestly it takes a whole 1 min to dump the pulp and rinse it off. I think it's kind of a waste of plastic bags, but if you don't mind then it does save a tiny bit of time.
-Personally I like the juice better on ice; it's more refreshing and it kind of dulls the flavor a tiny bit. Hot spinach juice can be a little hard to handle first thing in the am.

Overall, I really love this juicer and don't regret purchasing in the slightest. It may not be the most expensive high quality juice on the market, but it fits our needs and does the job perfectly. I highly recommend!

on June 17, 2013
I am one of countless people who saw the documentary " Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead", and then jumped onto the juice wagon. The cost for most other juicers was pretty shocking. I did a LOT of research.....I read reviews, reports, watched youtube video reviews, comparisons, and demonstrations. It seemed too good to be true that much of what I read said that this $50 juicer was comparable to a $300 Breville. I finally decided to try it out, and heck, if it was not that great I could invest in a more expensive one later. That was four months ago, and the juicer is still doing it's job great----I have been very happy with it. A friend of mine has the top-of the line breville with all the bells and whistles, and we make several of the same recipes.....yet I get many more ounces of juice then she does. I actually use half the ingredient amounts of the standard mean-green recipe and get 24 ounces of juice, where as my friend with the breville uses the full ingredients and often gets less ounces. So this saves me money on produce as well.

Overall, if you are new to juicing and fear that it is too expensive for you to get a juicer-----you really do not need the expensive breville! This machine will do what you need! I juice everything in it----greens, root veggies, berries etc.....and it gets the job done.

The only negatives is that the little pitcher it gives you is only 20 ounces, yet many juice combos produce more juice then that. So I use a pitcher bowl under it, or a 32 oz mason jar. I also like to slide a vinyl cutting board under it to reduce vibration/ movement, and to catch any drips. It also only has one speed, but I really have not had a problem with that, and have been able to juice all types of produce without any problems. Additionally, I found the mesh part scrubs up really fast if I use the spray setting on my faucet.

Happy juicing! If my feedback was helpful for you, please click and let me know! :)
review image
on May 23, 2016
HORRIBLE PRODUCT EXPERIENCE! This juicer was CLEARLY USED! Disgusting for a juicer! BEWARE of this seller, I am adding this name to my "DO NOT BUY" list! Gross fingerprints and sticky residue on the On/Off knob, and gross orange substance that looks 'splattered' on the base. Absolutely horrified and disgusted. You have no idea how excited and anxious I was to order this... GROSS! I have photos!!!
review image review image
on December 17, 2013
Get it now! Really I watched Fat Sick & Nearly Dead & decided to do the 60 Day Juice Fast & I literally saved my life. I had a 2 mini strokes at the age of 23 with Hypertension Stage 2 and Diabetes. I needed a really good juicer & saw some great reviews about this 1 it was also a lot cheaper than others and performs the same. After 10 days I lost 15lbs in a month 30lbs & after 60 days I am no longer a diabetic I don't take any HBP meds & I have lost 63lbs total.
88 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2013
I have a lot of friends jumping on the juicing frenzy. I know I love the green smoothies but it was only convenient to do that in the mornings since they are only good fresh. I decided to jump on the juicing wagon because I heard you can make them ahead of time and they're good for 48 hours. I didn't want to spend alot of money though in case it wasn't "my thing". I figure if I like it I can always buy a higher quality later on.

I did my first juicing this past Sunday. I experimented with many fruits and veggies. My boss had told me just add an apple to anything and it will be good. I did like them and for the most part, it went by really fast. I didn't get much juice out of the carrots but my boss said it is because I got a cheap machine. But, for the most part and for what I ordered it for it is great. I did take the advice and clean the screen immediately. It was no problem at all. I think it is well worth its money and if you aren't a serious juicer, this is a great option.
on March 14, 2014
I had my doubts as this brand is more in walmart. My mom on the other hand has a higher end one that costs around 250-300 but I just couldn't afford that. I thought I would give it a try. It was completely worth the investment. I have seen some people complaining that it is hard to clean.. Well.. I find that stupid because any time you get juice pulp lodged into anything, it is going to be a little more work. I can have it disassembled and cleaned in about 5 minutes. I have used anything from celery to apples to oranges to lemons to spinach to kale and many more in this juicer. It juices nicely. I do suggest what the manual says for the pulp. Put a plastic bag you may find at walmart or the local gas station in the pulp holder. It makes it so much easier to clean up and just toss.

Highly recommend this juicer. I have had it for a little over a month and juice 4-5 days per week.
on March 30, 2014
I did my research before I purchased a juicer and this one's reviews were really great for the price. I wasn't disappointed. It isn't that hard to clean if you clean it right after using. It came with a brush that makes the cleaning easy. Pretty much everything rinses clean easily. The blade part takes bit of scrubbing but no more than a few minutes.

I have found that the stuff left over is slightly moist, but not soaking. I don't think its wasting a lot of juice. I've used it to juice all kinds of juice and it has worked perfectly on everything.

I would highly recommend this juicer. I'm in love with it! I have been using it every day. :)
on December 26, 2014
Great budget juicer! I don't use it often but I did use for over a week straight while detoxing. The clean up is easy if you do it right away and don't let the pulp dry. I read in other reviews that people used grocery bags in the pulp bin to prevent a messy cleanup and tried it but I didn't really find that necessary. I just dump the pulp in the trash and easily rinse out the container. Very simple! It is loud but what do you expect when you are pulverizing whole vegetable. Definitely a great buy especially if you are just getting started with juicing and don't want to spend a lot of money!
on August 9, 2012
For the price you won't get a better juicer. But since was the first and only juicer I bought I really didn't comparison shop, so I just assumed it is the best you get for that price. Ok, it is an incredible juicer for the price. It will introduce you to juicing since you want to get into it after watching that documentary (oh yeah, you just decided you wanted to start juicing on your own, sure). It will help you learn the intricacies of juicing, such as start with the soft items and move to the hard ones, lining the dump tank with a grocery bag to help clean, that the rest of the juicer is a big pain in the butt to clean, etc. Then after learning all those details, you get to make the grown up decision of whether you want to upgrade to a better juicer when this one craps out or if it just going to be another kitchen gadget to collect dust. Either way, you are incomplete unless you have a juicer.