Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Color: Gray|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,959 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,237 reviews
on December 3, 2011
My wife and I have been using this juicer on a regular basis for a few months now, so we have good idea of what it can do. This is a good juicer for semi-regular use making quantities of a quart or less. We ask a lot of our juicer making four or five quarts at a time a couple of times a week. After about four months of regular use, we've noticed that the cutter/basket is getting a little dull, so we aren't getting as much juice from our produce, and it doesn't cut as quickly. The good news is that replacement baskets are only $12 on the Hamilton Beach website. This compares to around $50 to replace the Breville equivalent part. The bad news is that I just went to order a couple and they were out of stock, so I'm stuck with the dull one for now. For this reason I'm giving four stars instead of five. I may change that to three if they don't get the cutter/baskets back in stock soon. Update: The Hamilton Beach website now has them in stock. I ordered two and they were quickly delivered.

We've notice the following about using the unit: If you plan to do larger quantities, you might want to consider a more upscale unit. Depending on what you are juicing, you'll usually need to clean the cutter/basket to maintain efficiency after a quart or two. After that the screen tends to get clogged and you'll loose some juice into the pulp bin. Apples, cucumbers and the like do fine without clogging the screen, so I start with those. I'll do the carrots last since the pulp seals the little holes in the screen pretty quickly. Pineapple and ginger fibers seem to get caught in the cutting teeth, so I also do these at the end. The top also slowly fills up with pulp, and you'll need to clean it to keep going after a couple of quarts of juice making. Just pop the top and scoop it out (make sure the motor stops spinning before you remove the top); you can do a more thorough cleaning once you're done. Again, if you're just making a quart or two, none of this should be a problem.

Cleanup is fairly easy if you do it right after juicing. Most of the pulp rinses right off, but the cutter/basket takes a little scrubbing, and you want to be meticulous because once the pulp dries, it's really hard to remove.

Some folks have complained about the pulp in the juice. We actually enjoy the texture and prefer it this way. It seems like we're drinking something substantial. Just to be clear, it is still very much juice/liquid, it just contains some pulp too. We especially enjoy juicing a couple of beets into the mix for the flavor and the rich red color.

We make larger quantities of juice each time, because we don't have the time it takes to scrub and prepare the fruits and veggies every day, so we keep some in the fridge for the busy days. It's recommended that for maximum nutritional benefit you drink the juice right away, but it seems to keep and taste good for up to three days in the fridge. For folks that do daily juicing of smaller quantities, this unit should give good service at a very reasonable price.

Note: When I first plugged it in, I couldn't get it to turn on. After fooling around with it for a few minutes, I discovered that the top latch arms must be secured in very a specific way or it won't start. This is a safety measure to ensure that it won't start with the cutter/basket exposed. Now that I know what I'm doing it starts right up every time. Make absolutely sure that you have the top exactly in place before you send it back as DOA.
2323 comments| 1,292 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2012
I purchased this juicer after reading the book "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" in which they recommend very nice juicers ranging from $300-$400+. After checking Consumer Reports in which this Hamilton Beach juicer is one of their recommended buys, it seemed to be a no-brainer. This thing rocks! Leftover pulp is dry dry dry, I can't imagine any other juicer doing a better job of extracting all the juice. And it doesn't matter what it is - apples, oranges, cucumbers, carrots, leafy greens like spinach and kale, it makes juice of them all with ease. And clean up is a snap (and I HATE appliances that are not easy to clean, and usually end up not using them just so I don't have to clean them). This juicer comes with a handy little brush that gets in all the little spaces and cleans the filter with little to no effort. Very few pieces - just rinse the 4 pieces with hot water and brush clean the filter and that's it! Easy peasy.
The one reason I didn't give it a perfect 5 stars...
No container included to catch your juice, you must use your own receptacle which is a pain if you're making any more than one large coffee cups worth. You have to do multiple cups of multiple veggies and fruits and mix them all together in the end.
Couple cleaning tips: Spray the pulp container lightly with pam or non-stick spray lightly before using and the stuff will slide right out. And, after all juicing is done, put a small amount of hot water through the juicer - this makes the filter much easier to clean.
88 comments| 723 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2015
Like everything that I get from Amazon, I bought this Juicer on my own accord and nobody has paid me to give this review. The Long and short of it is that I love this Juicer.

The Hamilton Beach 67601A Big Mouth Juice Extractor arrived already assembled inside the box. All I did was remove the plastic and little cardboard pieces that protected the sides and certain parts of the unit. The box contained the Juicer, a Manual, and a cleaning brush. On page 4 of the Manual, it shows and lists the parts & features of the unit. This particular model does not come with a Juice Cup (at least mine didn't) (which is not a problem at all). So, once you receive your order, remember to check if you have everything you need to operate the Juicer.

I went ahead and washed the parts that can be washed, and wiped the rest that I couldn't wash. The Juicer is very easy to put together as it is to take apart (for cleaning).

The motor is very strong. I was able to feed into the chute fruits & vegetables with the Food Pusher with no problem. What really impressed me is the amount of juice it is able to extract from the produce. The juice was smooth, no tiny seeds or particles or remnants of the produce in the juice that came out of the Juice Spout--which is what I expect from a juicer. There's some fizz, but if you stir the juice, it easily incorporates.

The unit is very easy to clean. The cleaning brush that came with it was very useful when cleaning the Stainless Steel Micro-Mesh Strainer Basket; but you can also use an old toothbrush. I say this because an old toothbrush has softer bristles than the (free) cleaning brush that came with the Juicer. I used the cleaning brush today, but will use an old toothbrush moving forward. The washable parts of the unit can be cleaned very easily by running it under the faucet (that's what I did), and wiping the non-washable parts with a wet, soapy, paper towel to soften any sticky residue, then wiping it again with just a wet paper towel to remove the soap. The Manual states that the washable parts are dishwasher-safe, so you can do that, too, if you like.

I am attaching some photos to show the following: (1) that there are no broken parts; (2) that the unit came complete with all its parts and already assembled; (3) that it is easy to take-a-part and clean, and then easy to put back together; and (4) the first couple of juices I made from whatever I have in the fridge.

The pitcher contains 3/4 of a cantaloupe; and the large mason jar contains one regularly-sized Fuji apple and six large ripe strawberries. They were delicious! :-)

Update: I made a Banana & Strawberry juice, and found that while it did extract juice from the bananas, there was left-over pulp from the it. I think this juicer can be "pulp-y" if softer produce is used. I'll find out as I try-on recipes from the books that I got, and will let you guys know. At any rate, I still love it.

I hope this helps anybody who is in the market for an easy-to-use, easy-to-clean, strong/powerful juicer that extracts a lot of juices.
review image review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2017
This is my first juicer I've ever purchased. I love it. After using it just one time, I'm hooked. It easily juices kale, carrots, apples, beets, oranges, bananas, EVERYTHING! It just makes it so easy. It does take about 10 minutes to clean after use, but it is so worth it. I would definitely recommend purchasing this juicer to everyone. My juicer did not come with the cleaning brush like it was suppose to, however that isn't a problem for me. If you're on the fence, I hope this review helps you make up your mind. Get it! You won't be disappointed.
on February 25, 2017
So I made the mistake of purchasing a black and decker first and used it for 10 minutes and thought juicing may not be for me. If only I purchased this juicer first, little to no prep time, super easy to clean and disassemble. I only had it for a couple days it hasn't malfunctioned yet as the other did, so I'm happy. I was able to make a gallon of juice relatively quick, hoping this last.
on August 27, 2013
I had an old juicer (bought in the 70s or 80s) which worked but the capacity and performance was limited. I am not an avid juicer (I am an avid drinker of some brands of 'fresh' juice) but I hope to be someoone who juices more and more. I mainly wanted to make beet juice which is hard to find. When I do find it, it is not predominately beet but mixed with other juices . I like to make my own fresh mix and this juicer will definitely make this possible with maximum efficiency. I like the way the residue goes into a separate container. This feature was one my old juicer did not have and one that I was looking for. As for cleaning it comes apart easily and is intuitive. Cleaning a juicer is the same no matter which one you have. You need to clean the basket right away or you will be sorry!
I have always had good luck with HB products. It is powerful and quiet for all the performance it gives. It is easy to use and if I am careful to buy the right sized fruits/vegetables I do not have to cut them up. BEETS are hard to cut!! More juice is extracted than by my previous juicer. I am more than happy with the Hamilton Beach 67650A!
on January 20, 2017
Very powerful juice processor. I like the big opening and was very happy that a brush was included. I had another juice processor and everybody that has one knows that is not very easy to clean the strainer. I knew that I had to buy a brush but it was one of those things that I kept forgetting and only remembered when I had to wash the processor. I am very glad that the manufacturers thought about it.
on March 12, 2017
Cheap pulp container! It was sharp on both ends and I could have sliced my finger washing it if I hadn't noticed the flaw. I had to send it back! I would have to have been careful every time I washed it so I didn't cut myself. It looked nice but I never tried it because of the problem, so I haven't amopinion of its a good machine or not.I decided to spend just a little more money and get a different juicer, oh my gosh I'm so happy.
Check out the Simmero Touchscreen
It's $99 bit wow what s great juicer.
on May 23, 2016
This particular model did not come with the cup but I love it. I will be using it every other day pretty much and this will do nicely. I tried a few items in the juicer like apples, grapes, oranges and carrots. The apples cannot fit whole as there is a slight bump in the hole that prevents the apple from going in but I just cut the apple in half, no big deal. Other than that it gets all the juice out. The only thing I would recommend is having a tall cup to collect the juice as it can spatter some as it comes out the chute. LOVE IT!!

Update...i have used this about 20 times for the past year and yesterday I tried to use it and it would not turn on...i will contact manufacturer and update u soon
on July 1, 2017
It seems to work as well as other juicers I have tried. my other juicers cost more, by the way. but the did not last very long with regular juicing.
I decided on a cheaper one this time, but just have not been using it like I used my other ones, no particular reason, so I cannot state if longevity will be a factor or not. I plan to start using it more regularly and will report back if it cannot hold up to the use. Otherwise I think it deserves 4 stars because it is as good as others I paid twice as much for, and they were not the most expensive juicers either.