Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Color: Gray|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,861 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,134 reviews
on December 3, 2011
My wife and I have been using this juicer on a regular basis for a few months now, so we have good idea of what it can do. This is a good juicer for semi-regular use making quantities of a quart or less. We ask a lot of our juicer making four or five quarts at a time a couple of times a week. After about four months of regular use, we've noticed that the cutter/basket is getting a little dull, so we aren't getting as much juice from our produce, and it doesn't cut as quickly. The good news is that replacement baskets are only $12 on the Hamilton Beach website. This compares to around $50 to replace the Breville equivalent part. The bad news is that I just went to order a couple and they were out of stock, so I'm stuck with the dull one for now. For this reason I'm giving four stars instead of five. I may change that to three if they don't get the cutter/baskets back in stock soon. Update: The Hamilton Beach website now has them in stock. I ordered two and they were quickly delivered.

We've notice the following about using the unit: If you plan to do larger quantities, you might want to consider a more upscale unit. Depending on what you are juicing, you'll usually need to clean the cutter/basket to maintain efficiency after a quart or two. After that the screen tends to get clogged and you'll loose some juice into the pulp bin. Apples, cucumbers and the like do fine without clogging the screen, so I start with those. I'll do the carrots last since the pulp seals the little holes in the screen pretty quickly. Pineapple and ginger fibers seem to get caught in the cutting teeth, so I also do these at the end. The top also slowly fills up with pulp, and you'll need to clean it to keep going after a couple of quarts of juice making. Just pop the top and scoop it out (make sure the motor stops spinning before you remove the top); you can do a more thorough cleaning once you're done. Again, if you're just making a quart or two, none of this should be a problem.

Cleanup is fairly easy if you do it right after juicing. Most of the pulp rinses right off, but the cutter/basket takes a little scrubbing, and you want to be meticulous because once the pulp dries, it's really hard to remove.

Some folks have complained about the pulp in the juice. We actually enjoy the texture and prefer it this way. It seems like we're drinking something substantial. Just to be clear, it is still very much juice/liquid, it just contains some pulp too. We especially enjoy juicing a couple of beets into the mix for the flavor and the rich red color.

We make larger quantities of juice each time, because we don't have the time it takes to scrub and prepare the fruits and veggies every day, so we keep some in the fridge for the busy days. It's recommended that for maximum nutritional benefit you drink the juice right away, but it seems to keep and taste good for up to three days in the fridge. For folks that do daily juicing of smaller quantities, this unit should give good service at a very reasonable price.

Note: When I first plugged it in, I couldn't get it to turn on. After fooling around with it for a few minutes, I discovered that the top latch arms must be secured in very a specific way or it won't start. This is a safety measure to ensure that it won't start with the cutter/basket exposed. Now that I know what I'm doing it starts right up every time. Make absolutely sure that you have the top exactly in place before you send it back as DOA.
2222 comments| 1,228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2012
I purchased this juicer after reading the book "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" in which they recommend very nice juicers ranging from $300-$400+. After checking Consumer Reports in which this Hamilton Beach juicer is one of their recommended buys, it seemed to be a no-brainer. This thing rocks! Leftover pulp is dry dry dry, I can't imagine any other juicer doing a better job of extracting all the juice. And it doesn't matter what it is - apples, oranges, cucumbers, carrots, leafy greens like spinach and kale, it makes juice of them all with ease. And clean up is a snap (and I HATE appliances that are not easy to clean, and usually end up not using them just so I don't have to clean them). This juicer comes with a handy little brush that gets in all the little spaces and cleans the filter with little to no effort. Very few pieces - just rinse the 4 pieces with hot water and brush clean the filter and that's it! Easy peasy.
The one reason I didn't give it a perfect 5 stars...
No container included to catch your juice, you must use your own receptacle which is a pain if you're making any more than one large coffee cups worth. You have to do multiple cups of multiple veggies and fruits and mix them all together in the end.
Couple cleaning tips: Spray the pulp container lightly with pam or non-stick spray lightly before using and the stuff will slide right out. And, after all juicing is done, put a small amount of hot water through the juicer - this makes the filter much easier to clean.
77 comments| 651 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2015
Like everything that I get from Amazon, I bought this Juicer on my own accord and nobody has paid me to give this review. The Long and short of it is that I love this Juicer.

The Hamilton Beach 67601A Big Mouth Juice Extractor arrived already assembled inside the box. All I did was remove the plastic and little cardboard pieces that protected the sides and certain parts of the unit. The box contained the Juicer, a Manual, and a cleaning brush. On page 4 of the Manual, it shows and lists the parts & features of the unit. This particular model does not come with a Juice Cup (at least mine didn't) (which is not a problem at all). So, once you receive your order, remember to check if you have everything you need to operate the Juicer.

I went ahead and washed the parts that can be washed, and wiped the rest that I couldn't wash. The Juicer is very easy to put together as it is to take apart (for cleaning).

The motor is very strong. I was able to feed into the chute fruits & vegetables with the Food Pusher with no problem. What really impressed me is the amount of juice it is able to extract from the produce. The juice was smooth, no tiny seeds or particles or remnants of the produce in the juice that came out of the Juice Spout--which is what I expect from a juicer. There's some fizz, but if you stir the juice, it easily incorporates.

The unit is very easy to clean. The cleaning brush that came with it was very useful when cleaning the Stainless Steel Micro-Mesh Strainer Basket; but you can also use an old toothbrush. I say this because an old toothbrush has softer bristles than the (free) cleaning brush that came with the Juicer. I used the cleaning brush today, but will use an old toothbrush moving forward. The washable parts of the unit can be cleaned very easily by running it under the faucet (that's what I did), and wiping the non-washable parts with a wet, soapy, paper towel to soften any sticky residue, then wiping it again with just a wet paper towel to remove the soap. The Manual states that the washable parts are dishwasher-safe, so you can do that, too, if you like.

I am attaching some photos to show the following: (1) that there are no broken parts; (2) that the unit came complete with all its parts and already assembled; (3) that it is easy to take-a-part and clean, and then easy to put back together; and (4) the first couple of juices I made from whatever I have in the fridge.

The pitcher contains 3/4 of a cantaloupe; and the large mason jar contains one regularly-sized Fuji apple and six large ripe strawberries. They were delicious! :-)

Update: I made a Banana & Strawberry juice, and found that while it did extract juice from the bananas, there was left-over pulp from the it. I think this juicer can be "pulp-y" if softer produce is used. I'll find out as I try-on recipes from the books that I got, and will let you guys know. At any rate, I still love it.

I hope this helps anybody who is in the market for an easy-to-use, easy-to-clean, strong/powerful juicer that extracts a lot of juices.
review image review image review image review image review image
on November 20, 2014
I used to own a 20 year old juicer but decided to get a new one, and in comparison this thing is on hyper-turbo. I almost feel it is overkill for the simple things I put into it like carrots & oranges, a little like feeding a lamb to a T-rex. The bonus of using it on my feeble vegetables and fruit is that the oomph combined with the large opening and pulp bucket means actually making the juice is not very time consuming. It also seems to extract a lot of juice as others have said, a couple of carrots and 2 oranges yielded a whole pint glass for me and even though it was my first time using it, that part probably only took me a minute or two.

I was quite surprised by the amount of power as it is comparatively inexpensive, when you turn it on for the first time it is a "hold on to your hats" kind of moment, because it is a bit loud, and if you don't hold on to it at least a little it will occasionally start moving from the vibrations. I would almost recommend "boxing it in" with something heavy if you are going to make a lot of juice, but the only thing that comes to mind are bricks, which I at least don't keep in my kitchen.

Cleanup is pretty fast if you do 3 things:
1. Do put a plastic bag in the pulp bucket as they suggest in the instructions, it will save you from washing that part.
2. Do put a piece of tape over the opening on the back of the clear lid as suggested by other reviewers. The first thing that happened when I stuck the first carrot in was I was seeing a surprising orange snowfall in my kitchen. WIth the tape it no longer flings out random bits at high speed.
3. Do put the plunger in immediately after dropping the piece of fruit or vegetable in. Especially if you are juicing soft and moist things like oranges, you will otherwise quite quickly notice a surprising amount of orange juice and pulp in your hair. Using the plunger also serves to stabilize some of the vibrations which would otherwise move the juicer, at least on a smooth surface like my counter.
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2016
I was so optimistic about this purchase when I got this in the mail. I had just seen the documentary, "fat, sick, and nearly dead", and i was ready to hit the ground running.

The first use was amazing. It was pulverizing the fruits and veges, and it was music to my ears. Day after day, I could hear the resistance of the veges against the machine, and started chopping my produce up smaller. Day 15 and as I'm juicing the broccoli, the machine goes completely dead midway. I tried plugging the machine in another outlet and it was apparent that the machine was not going to work.

Thank goodness this falls under warranty. When in doubt, get a more expensive reliable machine. **BREVILLE

[...]
on August 27, 2013
I had an old juicer (bought in the 70s or 80s) which worked but the capacity and performance was limited. I am not an avid juicer (I am an avid drinker of some brands of 'fresh' juice) but I hope to be someoone who juices more and more. I mainly wanted to make beet juice which is hard to find. When I do find it, it is not predominately beet but mixed with other juices . I like to make my own fresh mix and this juicer will definitely make this possible with maximum efficiency. I like the way the residue goes into a separate container. This feature was one my old juicer did not have and one that I was looking for. As for cleaning it comes apart easily and is intuitive. Cleaning a juicer is the same no matter which one you have. You need to clean the basket right away or you will be sorry!
I have always had good luck with HB products. It is powerful and quiet for all the performance it gives. It is easy to use and if I am careful to buy the right sized fruits/vegetables I do not have to cut them up. BEETS are hard to cut!! More juice is extracted than by my previous juicer. I am more than happy with the Hamilton Beach 67650A!
on March 7, 2017
This is my first juicer, and I have to say I am not dissatisfied at all. Cleanup is very easy and takes me maybe 3-5 minutes.
It comes with a handled wash brush to make cleanup very simple, and it juices just fine.
I would suggest cutting your apples a little thin so as not to stress the motor. If it is a strong fruit I suggest that period.
The nozzle is annoying though, it's too short for most cups and drips too close to the unit wasting juice... so that is why I give it 4 stars.
on March 20, 2017
Price was good so I got this for cheap replacement until I can look for the right juicer since reviews were good. But I really like this juicer. It really does make great juice. Does not come with a pitcher but that is the only downfar and rhats not really a down fall. I think this is a keeper. As if now I've been juicing for a couple if weeks with no issues at all. So I'm not even gonna bother looking for a more expensive one when this works great. Very glad I purchased. Would definitely recommend.
on August 9, 2014
This juicer is disappointing overall despite the high ratings it receives. It juices apples, beets, and cucumbers well, but it is not good for greens and carrots. It does not get much juice from greens, and the carrot pulp fills the strainer basket so quickly that you end up losing a lot of juice in the pulp. I could work with the lack of easy cleaning if it were getting enough juice from the vegetables. In the long run, I think it's probably a better financial decision to get a higher quality juicer that wastes less juice.
on July 18, 2014
I bought this juicer a few weeks ago and think it's well worth the money. I almost went off the deep end and was about to order whatever the uber expensive Breville is ($350). I decided to downscale and see if I would actually use a juice before getting such a pricey one. I decided on this one after it get pretty high ratings in Consumer Reports for juicers in this price range. I think the clean up is pretty easy but you definitely need the little brush that comes with it to clean off the filter and you need to rinse all the pieces before putting in the dishwasher otherwise it will just cake it on. I have had some issues with leafy greens getting pushed through too fast, I now send them in with something like an apple and they seem to get chopped up much better. The other issue is for smaller fleshy fruits (grapes, oranges) they like to shoot back out at you and you have to be very quick to put the pusher in otherwise you could get sprayed. Although it doesnt recommend doing this, I put the grapes in while it's off and then turn it on after I have the pusher in place. I would buy this again if I had to, in fact, I wonder for a price difference of $300...how much more can the Breville do? This thing has only on and off, no variation in speeds but this is totally fine. The other big annoyance is this thing is so loud..like invest in earplugs loud.