Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Hamilton Beach 70740 8-Cup Food Processor, Black
|Price:||$29.85 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stainless Steel, Plastic
- Faster than cutting by hand – quickly chop onions, slice salad ingredients, shred cabbage, grate cheese, mix sauces or puree soups and dips
- Powerful 450 watt motor with 2 speeds plus pulse
- Chop, puree and mix with the stainless steel S-blade
- Shred and slice with reversible, stainless steel slicing/shredding disc
- Large feed chute fits a whole block of cheese
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Reduce prep time with powerful, easy-to-use products
Hamilton Beach Food Processors rely on robust motors to chop, slice, shred, mix and puree just about anything you put in the bowl. Fast and easy to use, these versatile food processors incorporate smart ideas. The flip lid design and dishwasher-safe parts make these food processors easy to clean and store. Hamilton Beach Food Processors are the ultimate kitchen appliances, whether you're cooking for two or prepping for a large family meal.
- Fast & versatile - quickly chop onions, slice salad ingredients, shred cabbage, grate cheese, mix sauces, or prepare pesto
- 2 speeds plus pulse control
- Stainless steel slice / shred disc & chopping blade
- Powerful 450 watt motor
- Large feed chute - fits a whole block of cheese to reduce pre-cutting
- Dishwasher safe bowl, lid & blades
|Hamilton Beach 70725A 12-Cup Stack and Snap Food Processor||Hamilton Beach 70579 Big Mouth Duo 14-Cup Food Processor||Hamilton Beach 70670 Chef Prep 525-Watt Food Processor, Black||Hamilton Beach 70610A ChefPrep 500-watt Food Processor, Frustration-Free Packaging||Hamilton Beach 70740 8-Cup Food Processor, Black|
|Features||Easy Stack & Snap assembly, Large Big Mouth feed chute fits whole foods, Dishwasher-safe bowl, lid & blades, Cord Storage||5 & 14 cup bowls, Large Big Mouth feed chute fits whole foods, Dishwasher-safe bowl, lid & blades||Large feed chute fits a whole block of cheese, Dishwasher-safe bowl, lid & blades, Cord storage||Large feed chute fits a whole block of cheese, Dishwasher-safe bowl, lid & blades, Cord storage||Compact Storage, Large feed chute fits a whole block of cheese, Dishwasher-safe bowl, lid & blades|
|Capacity||12 cups||14 & 5 cup bowls||10 cups||10 cups||8 cups|
|Motor||450 Watts||525 Watts||525 watts||500 Watts||450 watt|
|Speeds||2 speeds plus pulse||3 speeds plus pulse||2 speeds plus pulse||2 speeds plus pulse||2 speeds plus pulse|
Hamilton Beach Food Processors rely on robust motors to chop, slice, shred, mix and puree just about anything you put in the bowl. In-bowl blade storage and dishwasher-safe parts make these food processors easy to clean and store and some models offer special conveniences like reversible slicing and shredding discs and continuous feed chutes.
Compare to similar items
This item Hamilton Beach 70740 8-Cup Food Processor, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||10.13 x 14 x 10.13 in||8.46 x 9.06 x 16.14 in||7.84 x 9.72 x 15.12 in||8.2 x 9.8 x 5.6 in||7.8 x 11.26 x 15.67 in||10.63 x 8.63 x 13.25 in|
|Item Weight||6.52 lbs||6.57 lbs||7 lbs||3 lbs||5.55 lbs||—|
|Material Type||Plastic||Plastic||, ,||Plastic||Plastic||Polycarbonate|
|Size||8 Cup||12 Cup||10 Cup||3 Cup||8 Cup||8 Cup|
Top Customer Reviews
I had a batch of soaked chickpeas on deck and ready to go when this thing arrived in the mail (oh I love Prime.. as close as you can get to instant gratification). The first thing I threw in there was a big bunch of cilantro and parsley. Packed to the brim. Pulverized to perfectly uniform bits in seconds. I think I screamed. I took out the greens and next I threw in five cloves of whole garlic. Instantly shredded into fairly uniform bits, the size you'd get from chopping by hand. Then added two huge jalapeno peppers and some onions. Five seconds later, they are obliterated. At this point, I'm snapchatting the before and after photos of my chopped food to my sister and boyfriend, who are laughing at me. After all, I'm 27 years old, it's not like I've never witnessed modern technology before.
Finally, I removed the previously mentioned ingredients and did the beans. Amazingly, they didn't stick, whole beans didn't float at the top while the bottom layer was turned to mush, but I think I did about 4-5 cups of whole beans at a time and let it go for 45-60 seconds and the falafel was perfectly ground with excellent uniform particle size and cohesion. They were my best batch yet.
Since then I've been tossings things in there willy nilly, just to try out the shredding disc as well as the chopping blade. Made some almond and hazelnut flour from raw nuts. Sliced a whole bunch of celery and beets, cabbage, onion, with the shredding disc.
My favorite things:
- It's idiot proof and easy to click the bowl onto the base with one hand.
- Easy to clean
- The chopping blades are spaced well so that food at the top is drawn down toward the blade and your whole substance receives a uniform chop.
- 8-cups is perfect. I think 10 cups would be too big for anything, really. I have made batches of food big enough for 10 people with this size easily.
My only gripes with this processor...
- It only has two speeds: 1 "Really High", and 2 "Insanely High". The Pulse function pulses at "Insanely High." So you can't really coarsely chop things like greens.
- It is extremely loud. Think: laying your face directly against a vacuum cleaner. Or, a cheap hand mixer at its highest speed. If you live in an apartment your neighbors will definitely know when you're a-processin.' On the other hand, it'll only be for a few seconds because dang this thing is powerful.
- Because of the high speeds, it is difficult to get uniform slicing when doing small/soft things like green onions or cucumbers with the shredding/slicing disc. It is just so fast that after the green onions get past the point where you can hand-feed it into the chute, they just get sucked in and shredded from whichever angle they hit the slicing blade. So, I had a bunch of green onions which were perfectly tiny cross sections, and a bunch of long skinny shreds of green onion that had been sliced longitudinally rather than axially. This wasn't a problem for harder things like onion, beets, and cabbage. which I was fine with being sliced that way. (If anyone has ideas on maneuvering around this, leave a comment!)
If I could change anything, I would give it a low speed setting.
Nevertheless, that doesn't change my overall starry-eyed adoration for this amazing contraption. It is an excellent value and super powerful for its price. I am very, very happy with this purchase. $30 well spent.
Words can not express how much I LOVE THIS THING! It is so FAST, ridiculously powerful (slices potatoes in seconds) and makes cooking so much easier that we can not believe it. I even tried making a quiche in it, plopped all the ingredients together and it was oven ready in minutes. You can do anything with this bad boy. My roommate made veggie chips: beet, carrot, sweet potato and used the slicing blade, voila, perfectly shaped veggie chips in seconds (no lie, it is SPEEDY). It is also awesome for grating cheese and has the perfect amount of attachments (4 in total) plus the regular blade. It also has grippers on its feet, so it does not slide around when you are using it. And, its dishwasher safe, but we use it so often, we'd rather hand wash it.
I honestly can not recommend this product higher. And, if it ever breaks (which I can't even imagine happening) I am buying this exact machine again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
See the Top Rated food processors in our Food Processor Reviews.