Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Hamilton Beach Digital Food Steamer - 5.5 Quart (3..." and save 48% off the $45.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
Hamilton Beach Digital Food Steamer - 5.5 Quart (37530A)
|Price:||$38.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Versatile, stackable 2-tier steaming,Nested storage - fits neatly in cabinet
- Use 1 tier for small quantities, stack 2 tiers for a whole meal, or remove the center divider to fit a variety of large foods
- Automatic warm - switches to warm when food is ready
- Digital touchpad - makes setting the countdown timer and other functions easy
- The food containers are to be hand-washed in soapy water, not to clean in Dishwasher. Only the Drip Tray and Rice Bowl are Dishwasher safe.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Hamilton Beach Digital Steamer
Make mealtime more exciting and your plate more nutritionally balanced with colorful, vitamin-packed foods. It’s easy with the Hamilton BeachDigital Steamer. Add your choice of vegetables, seafood, or chicken breasts and you’re minutes away from serving a satisfying steamed meal the whole family will enjoy. With a Food Steamer in your kitchen, you can take advantage of the bounty of healthy, in-season produce at your local farmer’s market or grocery store. If you’re lucky enough to have your own garden, you can reap the rewards and the satisfaction of steaming your own freshly picked vegetables. Once you add gently steamed vegetables and seafood to your meal rotation, canned and frozen foods lose their appeal. Don’t be surprised if the Digital Steamer earns a permanent place on your kitchen counter because it’s so versatile and easy to use. Fill it with water, place one or two of the transparent bowls filled with food atop the base and set the cooking timer. You’re free to complete other tasks as food steams, because when your food is ready, it sounds a beep and automatically switches to warm for one hour.
- Use one steaming bowl or stack two bowls to steam larger quantities
- Remove the divider between the bowls to steam large foods such as corn on the cob or a head of broccoli
- Steams delicate fish, lobster, shrimp, clams, mussels and oysters
- Steams chicken breasts and hot dogs
- Includes a rice bowl that’s perfect for white or brown rice and small foods
- Cooks eggs upright from soft to hard-cooked
- Digital touchpad makes setting the countdown timer and other functions easy
- Switches to WARM automatically and alerts you with a beep when cooking time is up
- WARM setting runs for one hour then steamer turns off
- DELAY START timer lets you fill the steamer with produce in advance and begin steaming later (do not use for raw fish, seafood, meat, or poultry)
- Rice bowl and drip tray are dishwasher safe
- Steaming chart included in Use & Care guide
- Nested storage design fits neatly in your kitchen cabinet
Steaming a balanced meal
The Digital Food Steamer lets you prepare a whole meal in one, easy-to-use appliance. You can steam seafood or chicken breasts in the bottom bowl and vegetables in the top. Since food cooks faster in the bottom bowl, always place food with longer steaming times on first, closer to the base. Another option for cooking different types of food is to place one bowl (filled with food with longer steaming times) onto the base and steam first; then later add the second bowl filled with food that has shorter steaming times. For example, green beans and squash have shorter cooking times; foods with longer cooking times include red potatoes, sliced carrots, chicken breasts, and fish steaks.
Steaming white and brown rice
The rice bowl is designed for steaming rice and small amounts of food inside the steaming bowl. To steam rice, place rice and water into the rice bowl. A good rule of thumb for cooking rice is two parts water to one part rice. Fill the water reservoir to the MAX line, place the rice bowl inside the lower steaming bowl and top with the lid.
Food that is ready when you are
The next time you have a workout, sports activity, or meeting that interferes with your family’s mealtime, let the Digital Food Steamer take over. To set DELAY START, fill the water reservoir to the MAX line and place food into one or two steaming bowls. Press the up/down arrows to set your delay time. When your delay time expires, food will steam for your selected cooking time, then switch to warm for up to one hour. Do not use DELAY START for raw fish, seafood, meat or poultry. Start time can be set up to 24 hours in advance for ultimate convenience.
Alerts you when water level is too low
This steamer will automatically turn off if the water runs low. It will power off, beep, the display will flash '- -', and the LOW WATER light will illuminate. To add water you don’t have to take the steamer apart; simply pull out the water drawer and gradually fill with water. Check the viewing window to see water level, and restart the steamer.
Compare to similar items
This item Hamilton Beach Digital Food Steamer - 5.5 Quart (37530A)
BELLA 7.4 Quart Healthy Food Steamer, Dual Basket
Oster CKSTSTMD5-W 5-Quart Food Steamer, White
Rosewill BPA-free, 9.5-Quart (9L), 3-Tier Stackable Baskets Electric Food Steamer with Timer, RHST-15001
Magic Chef MCSFS12ST 3 Tier Food Steamer, Stainless Steel
Brentwood 2 Tier Electric Food Steamer – Produce Up to 5 Quarts of Steamed Veggies, Meats & more - Use as Baby Food Maker - Simple to Use & Clean - Save Time & Cook Healthy - Steam Cooker
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Rosewill Inc.||Amazon.com||Gehringer Distributors Unlimited|
|Color||Silver & Black||Black||White||White||Stainless Steel||Silver|
|Item Dimensions||13.7 x 7.28 x 12.6 in||8.94 x 11.61 x 11.73 in||8.4 x 8.4 x 8.8 in||9.25 x 12.2 x 15.63 in||15.4 x 9.4 x 16.1 in||8.4 x 8.4 x 8.4 in|
|Item Weight||3.97 lbs||4.75 lbs||3 lbs||4.59 lbs||5.3 lbs||—|
If affordability and durable performance are what you expect in an electric appliance, look no further. Along with over 50 years of history in the appliance business, proctor Silex has a long-standing commitment to quality. In our lab, we rigorously test proctor Silex appliances for durability and reliability. Only when an appliance meets our exacting standards is it ready for the final proving ground - your home. Take one home today and you'll experience firsthand the reliability that wins us praise from consumers.
Top customer reviews
This steamer is all digital, whereas my old one just had a dial. It has a delay start timer that I can set for anywhere from 30 minutes to 24 hours away. The maximum steam time is 1 hour, but I’ve just added water and reset the time when I’m steaming tamales, which take up to two hours. When the set time is done the unit will switch to “warm” mode for up to an hour. If I’m not watching closely and the water level gets too low then the unit will beep and display “Lo”. Adding water is simple – just pull out the water drawer and fill. There’s a viewing window so I can always see where the water level is at.
The two steaming bowls stack if you want to steam several things at once, or you can remove one of the bowls and just steam singly. The rice bowl will steam a cup of rice at a time. I have packed both steam bowls on occasion, and haven’t had any problems with everything cooking at the same rate.
A really nice feature is that I can stack both bowls but remove the bottom from the upper bowl. This gives me twice the vertical space so I can steam corn on the cob or tamales in the upright position.
I’m really loving this steamer so far, and hoping to get a lot of years of use out of it. I’ll update this review if I run into any problems.
I don't understand why make such small trays?? Just 1 or 2 inches taller, just a bit bigger would make this steamer almost perfect.