Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Package Quantity: 1|Change

Showing 1-10 of 911 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 958 reviews
on January 16, 2015
Very convenient since the kettle is wireless. Boils pretty fast even if it's almost full of water(about 3mins). It shuts off automatically when boiled to max. Before the switch shuts off automatically, you can still see if water is boiled through the measuring transparent area.
I think it's cool that the wire is not attached directly to the kettle, so if it did tilt over sideways by accident it would shut off automatically.
Great product and bigger than expected.

Edited 4/12/15
(check photo)
I have been using this almost everyday to boil water for my coffee. I always just rinse it out with water after usage.
I just realized looking inside where the metallic coils are. It has rust on the coils already. I had this for couple months only.
I can't get the rust out and have to throw it away now unless I just use it with the rust.
Besides the rust, this kettle boils pretty fast but still useless now.
Hope this update helps others.
review image
22 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2017
I've had this too easy teapot for three years and Iove it. It boils fast and holds a lot of water. I'm on my second one now, since I did break the first.

It's pretty sturdy, but do avoid dropping it!

Water doesn't/never tasted plasticy.
on February 25, 2016
We have had this electric hot water kettle for a couple years now. It holds a good amount of water so you can fill 4-5 large mugs with hot water at a time. The top.opens all thecway and has a large opening to fill it with water. Also it has a lever you lift to open the top. A lit of kettles have a push button that wears out and gets harder to open the more its used. We drink hot tea all day long and use it for bottles for twins, so it is in use ALL the time. It has held up and we have had no issues over the years. Previoulsy we had a different brand that stopped working after a year. We are so happy this one is going strong! The only con is that it is not really fast at heating the water. It takes several minutes. It doesn't matter for tea, but if your using it for bottles for crying babies, a couple minutes can seem like forever. We still live it and most pleased that it is still working like its brand new. I highly recommend this product!
review image review image
on September 29, 2012
So to start with i use to this to make mostly tea (loose leaf in a defuser) and coffe (french press).

Pros
*boils fast, typically i only boil 1L at a time, it takes 3 minutes and 35 seconds to boil from room temperature.
*Plastic, this is nice because it makes it safe and easy to handle without getting burned.
*No plastic taste in the water, i only use filtered water so if it did it would be very obvious. Now that being said i did fill it to the max 6 times and boiled it and dumped the water when i first got it to clean it.
*THE PRICE

Con
*There is only one con, and that is that it doesn't make any noise when it is done other than the fact that it shuts off. If it wasn't for this fact it would have 5 stars.

Conclusion
If you are looking for a very reasonably priced electric kettle that works great than this is for you. I would buy it again in a heart beat.
11 comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2014
Ok, so it is made out of cheap plastic but I didn't buy it for looks, so meh. There is a metal (stainless?) heating element in the bottom and I have read some reviews that talk about rust but I figure if you keep the lid open the water dries out before any rust appears. Plus rust, iron oxide, is fairly harmless in batches of less than say a pound, so not a lot of worries there.

In the open position the lid tends to lean forward and shuts at small provocations, but not a big enough problem...just keep your fingers out of the way.

Fits down on a handy base and disconnects easily at pouring time.

And (here is the best part) it easily takes more than the recommended 1.8 liters without muss or fuss...no bubble over.

Easily worth every penny.
on December 20, 2014
Far from the fanciest, but it does the job.
We've gone through a few of the more expensive versions from other manufacturers. Two had lids that opened via push button. Both opening mechanisms eventually broke.
We had an all-stainless Cuisinart kettle. We started smelling that awful burnt-plastic odor when in use. I took the base apart and found charred insulation and melted plastic. This is after months (not years) of ordinary household use.
This Hamilton Beach is a replacement for that Cuisinart.
It's a little slower to boil water than some of the others, being only 1500 Watt rather than 1750. But not enough slower to make a real difference.
The included instructions said to boil three pots of water, discarding each, before first use. Having done this, we've experienced no odor problems whatsoever.
My one gripe - I consider it important enough to deduct a star - is the uselessly short cord. It's a bit under two feet. If I'm too incompetent to be trusted with a 3 foot cord, I'm certainly too incompetent to be around boiling water.
on August 21, 2013
After 7 months, it just stopped working. So I emailed Hamilton Beach, here is the answer I got from them :

We are pleased to tell you that your product is still covered under the limited warranty. We will be happy to send you a replacement product. Under the terms of your limited warranty, you must first return the defective product to us and pay for the cost of sending the replacement product to you. However, because you are a valued customer we can help you save some money. Instead of returning the full product, please unplug your appliance, cut off the plug, and send a picture of the disabled unit to (email address provided). Please be sure to include your consumer number in the subject line as well as your name and address in the body of the email.

When we receive the picture of the disabled unit AND your payment of $10.99 to cover the cost of sending you a replacement product, we will ship the replacement directly to you. To pay for the shipping and handling charge, you will need to call our Consumer Affairs Department at (phone number provided) to put the shipping of $10.99 on a credit card. When calling, please be sure to reference your consumer number.

Once we receive your payment and picture of the disabled unit, you should expect your new appliance to arrive within 7-14 business days. We also ask that you keep your current appliance until your new one arrives.

Thank you again for contacting Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

And here is the answer they got from me :

Dear Bad Customer Service,

I am very pleased to tell you that :

1 - for 10.99$, I can get myself a brand new electric kettle from another company
2 - doing that, I won't have to wait 7 to 14 business days and I'll have my new kettle immediately
3 - doing that, I might actually get a kettle that will last me a long time, and not 7 months which seems to be "normal" for your product since apparently you don't seem either surprised or sorry that you provided a product that stopped working after that time
4 - doing that, I will be giving my money to a company that might actually care about retaining its customers

I swear I will never, ever, buy another hamilton beach product again in my life.

PS : my new kettle will be delivered tomorrow, thank to amazon
1010 comments| 321 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2015
Not super long lasting but okay for the price. I think mine lasted a little over a year but I had hoped it would last about 2 years. I didn't expect it to be very high quality and just wanted something that would boil and automatically stop. The unit did exactly that for the year or so that it lasted. My apartment at the time had a lot of electrical surges and outages so it could be due to that (I didn't use a surge protector for this item). Super easy to use: plug in the base, add water to the container, place the container on the base, push down the only lever on the unit (below the handle). At about the one year mark, the item stopped turning off when the water was boiling (it used to shut off automatically). Then a couple of months later, the entire thing just stopped working.
on June 6, 2014
There isn't much that can be said about a water heater. Does this thing heat water? It sure does! Is it quick? It sure is!

Other than that, the black design is pretty nice, and I felt cordless was something worth springing for. If you have ever had an electric heater that wasn't cordless, you are familiar with how annoying it is to be chained to the wall. With this, there's no such hassle.

For the price, it's a pretty good water heater that gets the job done. I also love the size! There were others that were smaller and cheaper, but I love being able to heat up enough water for tea for a lot of people at once.

I'll update if it starts giving me trouble anytime in the near future, but I must say, for about 20 bucks, I don't have mega high expectations anyway.
on July 29, 2016
This magical water boiling machine takes your morning to the next level. I wake up put water in click the little button and in no time I have steaming hot bubbling water ready to pour over my coffee. The best part is that the kettle can be picked up from the base no need to deal with a plug tripping you up which can lead to hot water spilling on you which is never a good time. Looks good on the counter too gives off that ya I am fancy and drink fancy tea and coffee vibe.