Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Package Quantity: 1|Change

Showing 1-10 of 912 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 957 reviews
on May 7, 2012
UPDATE 10/31/12
Another month passed, and the kettle does not work that well anymore as I experienced in the beginning. Obviously, the rust buildup on the heating element is now somehow hindering its auto shut-off function. This means I have to manually flip the switch to turn off the kettle when water is boiling, otherwise it just keep heating up! This can really be a major safety issue, not to mention that the whole point of a electric kettle is that I don't have to stand around it watching the water. Although it is still usable, I wouldn't use it anymore. Sent an email to the company, and I was told that it's most likely due to mishandling, and I'll have to pay to ship it over to get it fixed. Since shipping this guy in its original box costs half its selling price and there's no guarantee it'll be fixed for free, I'll just opt for a new kettle. It could be problem with my tap water, but aren't these supposed to be a way to purify water anyways?

UPDATE 9/29/12
Now that I've used this kettle for over a few months, I'll take away two stars for it. The reason is that you have to keep using it very, very often, almost daily, to keep the kettle in good working order. Scale buildup, although a problem, is easily taken care of by some vinegar; however, once I leave the kettle alone for a week or two without using it, the heating element rusts. This not only makes boiling time much longer than before and consume a lot of energy, but also releases potentially harmful chemicals into your water. The only way to prevent this is to wipe the inside of the kettle dry after boiling water. Once the heating element rusts there's pretty much nothing I can do about it than replacing the kettle as it's not really possible to scrape and polish the insides.

This large kettle is very convenient for those who occasionally need hot water. I bought it looking for some tea as well as instant food and it does the job perfectly.

Pros:
-Large volume. Can boil a lot of water, which means the water stays warm a little longer when I let it sit. No need to reboil for refills.
-Power design. The "special" power connection used on the base is pretty high so I feel more comfortable leaving it near the sink.
-Cordless. I can take it away without trying to unplug it. I used to use a corded one and unplugging it can be a pain when the water is boiling inside and the kettle gets hot.
-Handle with anti-slip. Great when the kettle gets heavy.
-Switch that can turn off. The old kettle I have can only turn off itself, and this one is really convenient when I think I don't want the water anymore.

Cons:
-Scale builds up really fast. I've used it a week now and can already see some on the heating element.
-Minimum line at 0.5L. This means I have to boil at least 2+ mugs of water, even I just want a cup.
-Plastic smell needs 5+ boils to clear up.

The bad parts can be dealt with pretty easily so it's no big deal for an occasional user. If you want something to use every hour to serve a whole family (or more), consider one of the stainless steel kettles with hidden elements. This kettle will probably take some descaling, but I guess that is the cost of having one that boils a full kettle in under 4 minutes.
1313 comments| 210 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2015
Very convenient since the kettle is wireless. Boils pretty fast even if it's almost full of water(about 3mins). It shuts off automatically when boiled to max. Before the switch shuts off automatically, you can still see if water is boiled through the measuring transparent area.
I think it's cool that the wire is not attached directly to the kettle, so if it did tilt over sideways by accident it would shut off automatically.
Great product and bigger than expected.

Edited 4/12/15
(check photo)
I have been using this almost everyday to boil water for my coffee. I always just rinse it out with water after usage.
I just realized looking inside where the metallic coils are. It has rust on the coils already. I had this for couple months only.
I can't get the rust out and have to throw it away now unless I just use it with the rust.
Besides the rust, this kettle boils pretty fast but still useless now.
Hope this update helps others.
review image
22 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2017
I've had this too easy teapot for three years and Iove it. It boils fast and holds a lot of water. I'm on my second one now, since I did break the first.

It's pretty sturdy, but do avoid dropping it!

Water doesn't/never tasted plasticy.
on February 25, 2016
We have had this electric hot water kettle for a couple years now. It holds a good amount of water so you can fill 4-5 large mugs with hot water at a time. The top.opens all thecway and has a large opening to fill it with water. Also it has a lever you lift to open the top. A lit of kettles have a push button that wears out and gets harder to open the more its used. We drink hot tea all day long and use it for bottles for twins, so it is in use ALL the time. It has held up and we have had no issues over the years. Previoulsy we had a different brand that stopped working after a year. We are so happy this one is going strong! The only con is that it is not really fast at heating the water. It takes several minutes. It doesn't matter for tea, but if your using it for bottles for crying babies, a couple minutes can seem like forever. We still live it and most pleased that it is still working like its brand new. I highly recommend this product!
review image review image
on September 29, 2012
So to start with i use to this to make mostly tea (loose leaf in a defuser) and coffe (french press).

Pros
*boils fast, typically i only boil 1L at a time, it takes 3 minutes and 35 seconds to boil from room temperature.
*Plastic, this is nice because it makes it safe and easy to handle without getting burned.
*No plastic taste in the water, i only use filtered water so if it did it would be very obvious. Now that being said i did fill it to the max 6 times and boiled it and dumped the water when i first got it to clean it.
*THE PRICE

Con
*There is only one con, and that is that it doesn't make any noise when it is done other than the fact that it shuts off. If it wasn't for this fact it would have 5 stars.

Conclusion
If you are looking for a very reasonably priced electric kettle that works great than this is for you. I would buy it again in a heart beat.
11 comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2014
Far from the fanciest, but it does the job.
We've gone through a few of the more expensive versions from other manufacturers. Two had lids that opened via push button. Both opening mechanisms eventually broke.
We had an all-stainless Cuisinart kettle. We started smelling that awful burnt-plastic odor when in use. I took the base apart and found charred insulation and melted plastic. This is after months (not years) of ordinary household use.
This Hamilton Beach is a replacement for that Cuisinart.
It's a little slower to boil water than some of the others, being only 1500 Watt rather than 1750. But not enough slower to make a real difference.
The included instructions said to boil three pots of water, discarding each, before first use. Having done this, we've experienced no odor problems whatsoever.
My one gripe - I consider it important enough to deduct a star - is the uselessly short cord. It's a bit under two feet. If I'm too incompetent to be trusted with a 3 foot cord, I'm certainly too incompetent to be around boiling water.
on December 12, 2014
Ok, so it is made out of cheap plastic but I didn't buy it for looks, so meh. There is a metal (stainless?) heating element in the bottom and I have read some reviews that talk about rust but I figure if you keep the lid open the water dries out before any rust appears. Plus rust, iron oxide, is fairly harmless in batches of less than say a pound, so not a lot of worries there.

In the open position the lid tends to lean forward and shuts at small provocations, but not a big enough problem...just keep your fingers out of the way.

Fits down on a handy base and disconnects easily at pouring time.

And (here is the best part) it easily takes more than the recommended 1.8 liters without muss or fuss...no bubble over.

Easily worth every penny.
on June 6, 2014
There isn't much that can be said about a water heater. Does this thing heat water? It sure does! Is it quick? It sure is!

Other than that, the black design is pretty nice, and I felt cordless was something worth springing for. If you have ever had an electric heater that wasn't cordless, you are familiar with how annoying it is to be chained to the wall. With this, there's no such hassle.

For the price, it's a pretty good water heater that gets the job done. I also love the size! There were others that were smaller and cheaper, but I love being able to heat up enough water for tea for a lot of people at once.

I'll update if it starts giving me trouble anytime in the near future, but I must say, for about 20 bucks, I don't have mega high expectations anyway.
on July 29, 2016
This magical water boiling machine takes your morning to the next level. I wake up put water in click the little button and in no time I have steaming hot bubbling water ready to pour over my coffee. The best part is that the kettle can be picked up from the base no need to deal with a plug tripping you up which can lead to hot water spilling on you which is never a good time. Looks good on the counter too gives off that ya I am fancy and drink fancy tea and coffee vibe.
We have a lot of hard water in our area and spending lots of money on an expensive electric kettle just does not make sense. With that in mind, I purchased this Cordless Kettle and so far, it is doing the trick.

It is easy to use: place the kettle into the dock and push a lever to turn the kettle on. It does not whistle but you can hear the water boil. The kettle lifts form the dock easily and gets water to a boil rather quickly.

So far, so good. I like the price and the form-factor.