Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 922 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 969 reviews
on January 16, 2015
Very convenient since the kettle is wireless. Boils pretty fast even if it's almost full of water(about 3mins). It shuts off automatically when boiled to max. Before the switch shuts off automatically, you can still see if water is boiled through the measuring transparent area.
I think it's cool that the wire is not attached directly to the kettle, so if it did tilt over sideways by accident it would shut off automatically.
Great product and bigger than expected.

Edited 4/12/15
(check photo)
I have been using this almost everyday to boil water for my coffee. I always just rinse it out with water after usage.
I just realized looking inside where the metallic coils are. It has rust on the coils already. I had this for couple months only.
I can't get the rust out and have to throw it away now unless I just use it with the rust.
Besides the rust, this kettle boils pretty fast but still useless now.
Hope this update helps others.
review image
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2017
I've had this too easy teapot for three years and Iove it. It boils fast and holds a lot of water. I'm on my second one now, since I did break the first.

It's pretty sturdy, but do avoid dropping it!

Water doesn't/never tasted plasticy.
on September 29, 2012
So to start with i use to this to make mostly tea (loose leaf in a defuser) and coffe (french press).

Pros
*boils fast, typically i only boil 1L at a time, it takes 3 minutes and 35 seconds to boil from room temperature.
*Plastic, this is nice because it makes it safe and easy to handle without getting burned.
*No plastic taste in the water, i only use filtered water so if it did it would be very obvious. Now that being said i did fill it to the max 6 times and boiled it and dumped the water when i first got it to clean it.
*THE PRICE

Con
*There is only one con, and that is that it doesn't make any noise when it is done other than the fact that it shuts off. If it wasn't for this fact it would have 5 stars.

Conclusion
If you are looking for a very reasonably priced electric kettle that works great than this is for you. I would buy it again in a heart beat.
11 comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2014
Ok, so it is made out of cheap plastic but I didn't buy it for looks, so meh. There is a metal (stainless?) heating element in the bottom and I have read some reviews that talk about rust but I figure if you keep the lid open the water dries out before any rust appears. Plus rust, iron oxide, is fairly harmless in batches of less than say a pound, so not a lot of worries there.

In the open position the lid tends to lean forward and shuts at small provocations, but not a big enough problem...just keep your fingers out of the way.

Fits down on a handy base and disconnects easily at pouring time.

And (here is the best part) it easily takes more than the recommended 1.8 liters without muss or fuss...no bubble over.

Easily worth every penny.
on September 11, 2015
Not super long lasting but okay for the price. I think mine lasted a little over a year but I had hoped it would last about 2 years. I didn't expect it to be very high quality and just wanted something that would boil and automatically stop. The unit did exactly that for the year or so that it lasted. My apartment at the time had a lot of electrical surges and outages so it could be due to that (I didn't use a surge protector for this item). Super easy to use: plug in the base, add water to the container, place the container on the base, push down the only lever on the unit (below the handle). At about the one year mark, the item stopped turning off when the water was boiling (it used to shut off automatically). Then a couple of months later, the entire thing just stopped working.
on July 29, 2016
This magical water boiling machine takes your morning to the next level. I wake up put water in click the little button and in no time I have steaming hot bubbling water ready to pour over my coffee. The best part is that the kettle can be picked up from the base no need to deal with a plug tripping you up which can lead to hot water spilling on you which is never a good time. Looks good on the counter too gives off that ya I am fancy and drink fancy tea and coffee vibe.
on June 6, 2014
There isn't much that can be said about a water heater. Does this thing heat water? It sure does! Is it quick? It sure is!

Other than that, the black design is pretty nice, and I felt cordless was something worth springing for. If you have ever had an electric heater that wasn't cordless, you are familiar with how annoying it is to be chained to the wall. With this, there's no such hassle.

For the price, it's a pretty good water heater that gets the job done. I also love the size! There were others that were smaller and cheaper, but I love being able to heat up enough water for tea for a lot of people at once.

I'll update if it starts giving me trouble anytime in the near future, but I must say, for about 20 bucks, I don't have mega high expectations anyway.
on May 13, 2014
This is the 3rd teakettle we purchased. My wife is British, so we boil water twice a day for tea, once a day to warm the food container for the kids, and once a day in the evening to fill her hot water bottle, so that's a minimum of 4 times per day. The first one I bought at Macy's was $80 and was OK, lasted for over 5 years. The next one was a Brentwood for $31.95 (1.5 L) from Amazon which I bought in Sept 2012 and died 15 months later. I decided to not waste more money and bought the rock bottom cheapest tea kettle on all of Amazon in Jan 2014, and that was the Hamilton Beach K6080 for only $13 (and free shipping). After 5 months of continuous use I have to say this is by far the best tea kettle that we have had for the following reasons: 1) It's the CHEAPEST out there, (2) it is the FASTEST at doing its job by far. The stove doesn't even come close. The fancy kettles we had before this one hide the heating element, which you can't see anyway, and the laws of physics tell you that when you hide the heating element, there's less direct contact between heat and water for exchange to occur, so it takes a lot longer, (3) it's the QUIETEST one, the fancy ones are lot noisier, again, I assume because they don't have the exposed heating element, (4) it is nicest LOOKING one, (5) It has all the FEATURES of the expensive ones (automatic shutoff, cordless, on/off light), the cord is attached to the base just like every otherone out there, (6) EASY to clean, it doesn't get any of the hardness I found on the other ones, not sure why, I do make the effort to poor out the remaining water and rinse with fresh water each time, but its super easy to get rid of the white material using vinegar and they even provide a cleaning solution (which after 5 months, I have not yet needed to do), (7) LARGEST capacity at 1.8L is noticeably bigger than the more expensive ones I've had in the past, and (8) so far, its the most SOLIDLY built one, a real workhorse, despite being very light.

The only potential concern is the water inside directly contacts the plastic. If you stick your nose into the kettle after it has stopped boiling, yes, the vapors smell a little bit plastic. But, if you transfer that same water to a mug, and sniff again, you don't notice any smell at all, so I can only presume that the smell is not from something leaching into the water. I don't notice any impact on taste either. You cannot smell it otherwise, you have to really stick your nose in the kettle. Also, after 4 months of use, the smell has gone away even if you try to search it out. So, in a nutshell, it has all positives, no negatives, even if it was $100 it would be the best one out there, but it is not $100, it's the cheapest one.
on February 12, 2015
While I would find returning such large, inexpensive product onerous and therefore won't, the top either doesn't include a spring to keep it open or mine did not have one. As a result, I cannot fill the kettle without holding the top open with my other hand or tilting it awkwardly. It's not a huge issue with the functionality, but I find it obnoxious.

UPDATE:

The kettle leaks water from the bottom, although I cannot, for the life of me, figure out from where. I imagine that, had I continued using it, it would have eventually electrocuted me. Ugh.

Everything about this product's quality control is lacking, from what I can gather from other reviewers.
on December 5, 2013
Terrible—cheaply made, flimsy, and it produces a nasty chemical smell even after using it over 10 times. I threw it in the trash.