Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Hamilton Beach K6080 Large Cordless Kettle, 1.8-Liter, Black
Package Quantity: 1|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 16, 2015
Very convenient since the kettle is wireless. Boils pretty fast even if it's almost full of water(about 3mins). It shuts off automatically when boiled to max. Before the switch shuts off automatically, you can still see if water is boiled through the measuring transparent area.
I think it's cool that the wire is not attached directly to the kettle, so if it did tilt over sideways by accident it would shut off automatically.
Great product and bigger than expected.

Edited 4/12/15
(check photo)
I have been using this almost everyday to boil water for my coffee. I always just rinse it out with water after usage.
I just realized looking inside where the metallic coils are. It has rust on the coils already. I had this for couple months only.
I can't get the rust out and have to throw it away now unless I just use it with the rust.
Besides the rust, this kettle boils pretty fast but still useless now.
Hope this update helps others.
review image
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2017
I've had this too easy teapot for three years and Iove it. It boils fast and holds a lot of water. I'm on my second one now, since I did break the first.

It's pretty sturdy, but do avoid dropping it!

Water doesn't/never tasted plasticy.
Enthusiast: Cookingon August 1, 2016
This is an excellent electric tea kettle. It boils water quickly and efficiently. It holds almost 2 liters of water which is really important because many of the electric kettles out there have tiny water capacities. Usually that's not much of a problem because even the most caffeine addicted coffee drinker only needs what, 16 oz of coffee at a time? Sometimes when I cook I boil water in this kettle then put it into a pot, because it just boils faster than heating the water on the stove. Or when I make coffee for a large group of people I like to use this pot to make the water because it can handle the volume. Besides the volume, this pot is black, which is nice because it doesn't get dirty over time like many of the white electric kettles. This kettle is also extremely simple, it has 1 button and 1 light so you know when it is on or off. It shuts of automatically after it boils due to an internal sensor so it is safe, I never worry about it causing a fire.

Currently I'm on my second kettle now after 3-4 years of heavy use because the first one eventually died. But I'm more than comfortable paying 20$ for a replacement. If you want a simple appliance that you don't have to think about and works well, get this kettle.
on November 16, 2016
I returned this because the handle was so thick, it was uncomfortable for my small hands to hold it. I bought the Proctor Silex 1 Liter electric kettle instead, and that one is great. The other really bad thing about the design is the power cord comes out of the front of the hot plate. That makes no sense to me. So when it is plugged into the wall, the power cord has to curl around to the back, so that the steam comes out away from the cabinets. Look at the photos they provide and you will see what I mean. Poor design.
on December 12, 2014
Ok, so it is made out of cheap plastic but I didn't buy it for looks, so meh. There is a metal (stainless?) heating element in the bottom and I have read some reviews that talk about rust but I figure if you keep the lid open the water dries out before any rust appears. Plus rust, iron oxide, is fairly harmless in batches of less than say a pound, so not a lot of worries there.

In the open position the lid tends to lean forward and shuts at small provocations, but not a big enough problem...just keep your fingers out of the way.

Fits down on a handy base and disconnects easily at pouring time.

And (here is the best part) it easily takes more than the recommended 1.8 liters without muss or fuss...no bubble over.

Easily worth every penny.
Enthusiast: Cyclingon January 12, 2016
Pros:
1.8 liter
1500 watts
looks O.K.
fair value
off-on switch handy
Cons:
Must hold the lid open when filling
Slow to heat: 55 degree tap water: 1.8 liter= 8 minutes; 1.25 liters = 5 min 15 sec
doesn't seem to sit solidly on base (not a show stopper)
included instructions are horrible.
Instructions say you must manually turn the electric kettle off when it begins to boil.
I was ready to ship it back but I read the description on Amazon again and decided to try it out. The automatic cut off works just fine.
Yeah, I'll keep it but it isn't as good as the Rival kettle that it is replacing. It's worth about what I paid for it.
On Edit: 1/17/16
My wife hates the kettle because it is so awkward when she tries to take the filled kettle from the sink to the heating platform. She said that if she has to do this more than once or twice a day she would have a sore wrist. Indeed, the balance when the kettle is filled seems to be horrible. The handle is too large for convenient lifting if you have smaller hands.
on November 9, 2017
This works great. Bought it affordably. It has great capacity for family use. Been using it more than a year without problems. My only reason for three stars is the design...the cord for the plug seems to come from the "wrong side of the base" in my opinion. I've never had water bubble over, but since steam comes out through the pitcher spout, it doesn't seem smart to me that the spout side of the pitcher is directly above where the electric cord comes out from the base...if water were to spill, wouldn't that be a fire hazard?? I would have preferred to see the handle side of the pitcher be above the electric cord. (Our old electric kettle was designed the way I prefer...but there was no way for me to know the new design from the photos on the packaging.) But other than my opinion on the design, this kettle works fine.
on October 19, 2016
JUST PERFECT FOR ME WHEN MAKING 2 LITER MUGS OF INSTANT COFFEE. I SIMPLY FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS & BOILED OUT THE KETTLE AS DIRECTED. NO PLASTIC FLAVOR AT ALL. I PUT IN MY 2 LITERS OF WATER, SEEN THRU THE SIGHT WINDOW, THEN TURN IT ON. I THEN PUT MY SPLENDA AND TASTERS CHOISE COFFEE INTO MY MUG. BY THE TIME I DO THAT THAT THE WATER IS COMING TO A BOIL IN THE KETTLE; EASILY DETERMINED BY THE SOUND. I POUR THE WATER INTO MY MUG, THEN I PLACE THE KETTLE, LID OPEN, UPSIDE DOWN, ON THE EDGE OF THE SINK. THIS ALLOWS IT TO DRAIN ALL THE MOISTURE.. I MAKE SURE IT IS FREE OF MOISTURE WHEN I PLACE IT BACK ON THE BASE.. I HAVE HAD IT FOR 2 FULL MONTHS NOW & USE IT A MINIMUM OF 4 TIMES A DAY.
DICK O.
on February 24, 2017
Doesn't always shut off when it boils. I was hoping for higher quality. Our first boil pot was excellent (I believe it was an oster) and lasted for 7-8 years (I can't remember), since then, I've had 3 that don't add up to that long. The most recent, the Ovente KP72W electrically welded itself to its base after 2 years, One similar to this (I didn't realize that when I bought this one), failed to make connection to the base and was sparking. I honestly should send this one back and cut my losses.
on September 24, 2015
It does the job, if that's what you're looking for. That being said, I wouldn't recommend opening the top when it's just been used. The heat makes the flimsy plastic hinge pins go soft, meaning it's very likely the top will come off completely and have to be clipped back into place [before it cools down, mind you, otherwise the plastic will go firm and will probably snap when you try and clip it back in place.

So yeah, if that is a concern for you and you'd rather have an electric kettle that ISN'T prone to losing its top if you open it while it's hot, it's probably better you look for something else. As for me, I just make sure to put in enough water beforehand, and leave the top alone when it's hot. Again, it does the job, but you get what you pay for.