Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on January 20, 2017
I've had this too easy teapot for three years and Iove it. It boils fast and holds a lot of water. I'm on my second one now, since I did break the first.

It's pretty sturdy, but do avoid dropping it!

Water doesn't/never tasted plasticy.
on February 25, 2016
We have had this electric hot water kettle for a couple years now. It holds a good amount of water so you can fill 4-5 large mugs with hot water at a time. The top.opens all thecway and has a large opening to fill it with water. Also it has a lever you lift to open the top. A lit of kettles have a push button that wears out and gets harder to open the more its used. We drink hot tea all day long and use it for bottles for twins, so it is in use ALL the time. It has held up and we have had no issues over the years. Previoulsy we had a different brand that stopped working after a year. We are so happy this one is going strong! The only con is that it is not really fast at heating the water. It takes several minutes. It doesn't matter for tea, but if your using it for bottles for crying babies, a couple minutes can seem like forever. We still live it and most pleased that it is still working like its brand new. I highly recommend this product!
review imagereview image
Top Contributor: Cookingon August 1, 2016
This is an excellent electric tea kettle. It boils water quickly and efficiently. It holds almost 2 liters of water which is really important because many of the electric kettles out there have tiny water capacities. Usually that's not much of a problem because even the most caffeine addicted coffee drinker only needs what, 16 oz of coffee at a time? Sometimes when I cook I boil water in this kettle then put it into a pot, because it just boils faster than heating the water on the stove. Or when I make coffee for a large group of people I like to use this pot to make the water because it can handle the volume. Besides the volume, this pot is black, which is nice because it doesn't get dirty over time like many of the white electric kettles. This kettle is also extremely simple, it has 1 button and 1 light so you know when it is on or off. It shuts of automatically after it boils due to an internal sensor so it is safe, I never worry about it causing a fire.

Currently I'm on my second kettle now after 3-4 years of heavy use because the first one eventually died. But I'm more than comfortable paying 20$ for a replacement. If you want a simple appliance that you don't have to think about and works well, get this kettle.
on November 16, 2016
I returned this because the handle was so thick, it was uncomfortable for my small hands to hold it. I bought the Proctor Silex 1 Liter electric kettle instead, and that one is great. The other really bad thing about the design is the power cord comes out of the front of the hot plate. That makes no sense to me. So when it is plugged into the wall, the power cord has to curl around to the back, so that the steam comes out away from the cabinets. Look at the photos they provide and you will see what I mean. Poor design.
on October 19, 2016
JUST PERFECT FOR ME WHEN MAKING 2 LITER MUGS OF INSTANT COFFEE. I SIMPLY FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS & BOILED OUT THE KETTLE AS DIRECTED. NO PLASTIC FLAVOR AT ALL. I PUT IN MY 2 LITERS OF WATER, SEEN THRU THE SIGHT WINDOW, THEN TURN IT ON. I THEN PUT MY SPLENDA AND TASTERS CHOISE COFFEE INTO MY MUG. BY THE TIME I DO THAT THAT THE WATER IS COMING TO A BOIL IN THE KETTLE; EASILY DETERMINED BY THE SOUND. I POUR THE WATER INTO MY MUG, THEN I PLACE THE KETTLE, LID OPEN, UPSIDE DOWN, ON THE EDGE OF THE SINK. THIS ALLOWS IT TO DRAIN ALL THE MOISTURE.. I MAKE SURE IT IS FREE OF MOISTURE WHEN I PLACE IT BACK ON THE BASE.. I HAVE HAD IT FOR 2 FULL MONTHS NOW & USE IT A MINIMUM OF 4 TIMES A DAY.
DICK O.
on December 12, 2014
Ok, so it is made out of cheap plastic but I didn't buy it for looks, so meh. There is a metal (stainless?) heating element in the bottom and I have read some reviews that talk about rust but I figure if you keep the lid open the water dries out before any rust appears. Plus rust, iron oxide, is fairly harmless in batches of less than say a pound, so not a lot of worries there.

In the open position the lid tends to lean forward and shuts at small provocations, but not a big enough problem...just keep your fingers out of the way.

Fits down on a handy base and disconnects easily at pouring time.

And (here is the best part) it easily takes more than the recommended 1.8 liters without muss or fuss...no bubble over.

Easily worth every penny.
on February 24, 2017
Doesn't always shut off when it boils. I was hoping for higher quality. Our first boil pot was excellent (I believe it was an oster) and lasted for 7-8 years (I can't remember), since then, I've had 3 that don't add up to that long. The most recent, the Ovente KP72W electrically welded itself to its base after 2 years, One similar to this (I didn't realize that when I bought this one), failed to make connection to the base and was sparking. I honestly should send this one back and cut my losses.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 29, 2012
So to start with i use to this to make mostly tea (loose leaf in a defuser) and coffe (french press).

Pros
*boils fast, typically i only boil 1L at a time, it takes 3 minutes and 35 seconds to boil from room temperature.
*Plastic, this is nice because it makes it safe and easy to handle without getting burned.
*No plastic taste in the water, i only use filtered water so if it did it would be very obvious. Now that being said i did fill it to the max 6 times and boiled it and dumped the water when i first got it to clean it.
*THE PRICE

Con
*There is only one con, and that is that it doesn't make any noise when it is done other than the fact that it shuts off. If it wasn't for this fact it would have 5 stars.

Conclusion
If you are looking for a very reasonably priced electric kettle that works great than this is for you. I would buy it again in a heart beat.
11 comment| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 11, 2015
Not super long lasting but okay for the price. I think mine lasted a little over a year but I had hoped it would last about 2 years. I didn't expect it to be very high quality and just wanted something that would boil and automatically stop. The unit did exactly that for the year or so that it lasted. My apartment at the time had a lot of electrical surges and outages so it could be due to that (I didn't use a surge protector for this item). Super easy to use: plug in the base, add water to the container, place the container on the base, push down the only lever on the unit (below the handle). At about the one year mark, the item stopped turning off when the water was boiling (it used to shut off automatically). Then a couple of months later, the entire thing just stopped working.
on September 24, 2015
It does the job, if that's what you're looking for. That being said, I wouldn't recommend opening the top when it's just been used. The heat makes the flimsy plastic hinge pins go soft, meaning it's very likely the top will come off completely and have to be clipped back into place [before it cools down, mind you, otherwise the plastic will go firm and will probably snap when you try and clip it back in place.

So yeah, if that is a concern for you and you'd rather have an electric kettle that ISN'T prone to losing its top if you open it while it's hot, it's probably better you look for something else. As for me, I just make sure to put in enough water beforehand, and leave the top alone when it's hot. Again, it does the job, but you get what you pay for.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.