4 Year Housewares Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
Hamilton Beach Portable 6-Quart Set & Forget Digital Programmable Slow Cooker With Temperature Probe, Lid Lock, Stainless Steel (33969A)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Not your mom’s slow cooker: Smart technology allows you to cook a recipe to either a desired cooking time or specific temperature, before automatically switching to warm when it’s done
- Patented temperature probe: Place the temperature probe into large cuts of meat to cook to a precise temperature the control panel will display the food’s exact temperature as it cooks
- Clip-tight gasket lid: The lid clips securely in place, perfect for taking the slow cooker to a party, potluck or tailgate the tight seal helps prevent messy spills along the way
- Easy to clean: Removable and dishwasher safe crock and glass lid make cleanup simple and power interrupt protection keeps slow cooker on during a brief power outage
- 6 quart capacity: Spacious size is perfect for a 6 pound chicken or 4 pound roast
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Top trending products related to this item
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Hamilton Beach 6QT Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker (33969A)
Three Choices for Easy, Automatic Cooking
Eliminate weeknight stress with the Hamilton Beach Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker. With three choices for automatic cooking, having a family meal on a busy weeknight is easier than ever. What you make and how you prepare it are up to you. Three smart settings – probe, program and manual – allow you to cook foods to a specific temperature, for a set number of hours or on High, Low or Warm settings for up to 14 hrs.
- Not your mom’s slow cooker: Smart technology allows you to cook a recipe to either a desired cooking time or specific temperature, before automatically switching to Warm when it’s done.
- Patented temperature probe: Place the temperature probe into large cuts of meat to cook to a precise temperature. The control panel will display the food’s exact temperature as it cooks.
- Clip-tight gasket lid: The lid clips securely in place, perfect for taking the slow cooker to a party, potluck or tailgate. The tight seal helps prevent messy spills along the way.
- Easy to clean: Removable and dishwasher safe crock and glass lid make cleanup simple.
- 6 Quart capacity: Spacious size is perfect for a 6 lb. chicken or 4 lb. roast.
Not Your Mom’s Slow Cooker
Smart technology allows you to cook a wide range of recipes to either a specific temperature when using the probe or to a desired cooking time. When your food is done cooking on either of these settings, the slow cooker will automatically switch to warm.
Automatic Cooking Choices
Cook to a Precise Temperature
The PROBE setting is great when cooking cuts of meat. What is even better? Seeing the food temperature inside the slow cooker displayed right on the screen. Set the slow cooker to the desired temperature, insert the probe into the meat and the slow cooker will automatically shift to warm when the desired temperature is reached.
Cook to a Specific Time
When your pot roast recipe will be done in 6 hours, but you won’t be home for 8 hours or more, use the PROGRAM function. Select the heat setting and cooking time. The slow cooker will automatically switch to warm when the cooking time is up, so your meal will be hot and ready to serve when you arrive home. It’s that easy.
Cook on Manual
The MANUAL setting allows you to slow cook on High, Low or Warm heat settings, just like a traditional slow cooker you may have grown up with.
Clip-Tight Gasket Lid Resists Spills
When you need to take your home-cooked meal on the road, the slow cooker’s clip-locked, secure lid has a tight seal to help ensure that your shirt and your car arrive without a messy spill.
Power Interrupt Protection
The Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker is equipped with power interrupt protection, so during a momentary power interruption of 5 seconds or less, the slow cooker will remember the programmed heat and time settings and continue cooking.
Perfect Size for Family Dinner
The 6 quart oval crock is the perfect size for a 6 lb. chicken or 4 lb. roast and so much more. It’s the perfect size for a home-cooked family meal.
Hamilton Beach products are thoughtfully designed to make your life easier. We use consumer insights, in-depth research and rigorous testing to deliver the best solution to your everyday needs.
Whether it's preparing delicious meals and beverages effortlessly, or making your clothes look their best, you can count on the brand that has spent over 100 years creating products with you in mind.
In addition to offering modern convenience, the set & forget programmable slow cooker has three choices for easy, automatic cooking: program, probe and manual mode. On busy days, program the cooking time and set & forget slow cooker automatically shifts to keep warm when the cooking time is up. Cooking a large cut of meat like pot roast, chicken, or pork tenderloin? Insert the probe, set the desired meat temperature and the set & forget slow cooker automatically shifts to keep warm when the temperature is reached. For traditional slow cooking, manually select the high, low or warm temperature without setting a cooking time. Thermometer probe for precise results.
By Hamilton Beach
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My old basic crockpot didn’t let me do that. The Hamilton Beach, on the other hand does. And it is so easy to use! I hate electronics (ask my husband) but I can operate this crockpot with ease. You just press the on button (the red circle on the left) then select the time by pushing the up/down arrows on the right, press enter, select the heat setting press enter and you’re done. Once it’s finished, it goes to Warm setting so your food doesn’t spoil. This means that if you set it on a Friday night and want to sleep in Saturday morning, you can. You really don’t have to worry about getting up just to turn off the crockpot. If you are cooking a full chicken or something as big as that you can use the thermometer probe and set your own temperature you want maintained to make sure that meat is cooked properly. It also has one of those lids that locks down with simple lever clamps at each end so now I can be one of “those” people who takes up the office kitchen because we are having a potluck. The lid does have a rubber seal but do be sure to keep it upright because there are small vent holes and a hole for the probe to be inserted through the glass lid.
All in all, this really is a set it and forget it crockpot (as advertised). It is also worth noting (because this has been in the news) that Healing Gourmet (a food safety site) lists Hamilton as one of the ten brands to look for when choosing a crockpot and that wirecutter (a site that reviews the gadgets in our lives) tells us that this crockpot “outperformed much more expensive models.” In a couple of negative reviews I have seen, there were complaints about the glass breaking. The instructions say to only clamp down the lid when transporting food. My husband says that there is a good chance that tightening the lid while cooking would put extra stress on the glass making it more likely to break/shatter. So bear this in mind.
I admit I haven’t tried those more expensive models (the whole point of using a crockpot to begin with was to save money) but I have to admit I am a little in love with this crockpot and highly recommend it.
Furthermore, there's way too much current running through this thing for me to be able to trust walking away from it with two, back to back, electrical defects delivered from two different warehouses.
The first unit was replaced due to a hole melting through aluminum bottom just above where the plug is. The warranty replacement took six weeks to eight weeks, easily and the replacement doesn't EVER reach the temperature you set.
Furthermore, I was CHARGED to ship both returns and although Amazon was kind enough to take it back at all (after six months) they only gave us the value of the lowest price it's ever sold for (37.00) during the six months I was playing Patty Cake with
the Hamiton Beach Warranty Deptartment.