Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 759 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 809 reviews
on April 21, 2012
I love almost everything about the HB 7 Qt Slow Cooker. The four rubber feet really keep it stable and prevent sliding on the countertop. The fact that the handles fold down when not needed for carying is really convenient and makes for better storage. The lid fits well and the latch is secure for traveling. My two dissatisfactions are that, even on "Low" heat, the liquid boils. Also, the first time (I learn quickly, so it won't happen again!) I lifted the lid, my arm was burned by the escaping steam. Because the lid is hinged to the cooker at the back, you cannot remove the lid in a sideways motion, but have to raise it straight upward, which releases the steam from the front of the cooker where I stood.
1515 comments| 397 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2012
Bought this Slow Cooker after much research and debate. I needed a travel cooker for my families gatherings and this one is marketed as a "Stay or Go" which it does both perfectly. I was not concerned about bells and whistles and wanted a basic, durable and travel ready 10-15 year cooker. The unit arrived in timely fashion and after a good washing of the stoneware was put to work within two hours of opening the box. My first item up to make was chili for a cookout and this required transporting it. I was nervous because I have and had similar cookers from other manufactures but they all fail at keeping liquid sealed in the stoneware. This cooker did not fail with my Chili which I make a little thin so that cracker lovers have some soup, it kept its composure quite well and didn't spill a drop (keep in mind I was driving up 45 degree hills and speeding to make it on time). The hinged lid makes serving and keeping food covered easy. The latching mechanism and controls both while very basic have the feel that this will be around a long time. The rubber seal on the lid is not the typical round bead but more of a rubber flap that seals tight and securely. This unit also has very sturdy handles on the sides and these collapse to take up less room in your kitchen cabinet. Cooking times seems to be on par with my older units and I have not noticed any "over heating" the food on the lowest setting and in fact the chili after the cookout was done (on low the whole time - outside!) was still 193 degrees which is on par with my older cookers. Very happy with this purchase and wish I could find the same one in white, as the stainless is very attractive almost too much that you want to pamper it.

So there you have it, I purchase items after I exhaust online reviews and for my money this is the perfect "BASIC" Stay or Go cooker that delivers great cooking, easy cleaning, and NO SPILLS!! Thanks for reading.
11 comment| 304 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2015
I was looking for a lock down lid for transporting. When I saw that this one also featured a stay-open-for-serving hinged lid and had good reviews, I didn't hesitate to purchase it. Ironically, the feature that led me to buy this product is the cause for what I don't like about it. I have no reason to think that the locking lid doesn't prevent spills, but the hinge and rubber gasket create a huge gap between the lid and the top of the pot on the side opposite the hinge unless the lid is locked! (See pictures #1-2.) So I thought, "Okay, all is not lost. It's not exactly convenient, but I'll just disengage the hinge while cooking and re-engage for serving or transporting. Well, it turns out that the design of the hinge is such that when the lid is disengaged from the hinge, there is a small gap (picture #3) on the hinge side because the arm that is attached to the lid rests on top of the hinge piece. (See picture #4.) Even that gap is far too large to allow for efficient cooking or to prevent RAPID moisture loss. Very disappointed. Poor engineering of a great idea. Hinge and gasket could easily be modified to eliminate the problems I have mentioned. Fortunately, I ordered with Amazon Prime, because I WILL be returning this item.
review image review image review image review image
on May 7, 2017
I ordered this to replace my old crockpot and was excited to have a travel feature. But this slow cooker has a lid that must stay hinged in order to cook. This means that every time you open the lid you are blasted with steam! Also the lettering on the knob has warn off and makes it hard to know what temperature I am setting it at. Very dissapointed with this unit. The lid makes it difficult to fit under my cabinet and frustrating to deal with. It does pack up and travel very well, I have had no leaks while transporting and that is what earns it one star.
on January 15, 2015
So I had this slow cooker for 2 years and I generally liked it. I think it runs a little hot but I've gotten used to that. But just last week, I went to clean the lid. There was a sticky grime that had built up around the gasket, and as I was cleaning it, the gasket detached. And the way it's constructed, once it starts coming out, you can't put it back together. Basically, there is a glass lid; the rubber gasket wraps around it; and it's held in place by a metal ring that is welded shut. I really wish companies wouldn't make products that can't be fully cleaned. A replacement lid is almost $20.

So anyway, my advice would be to always dishwasher wash it so you don't ever put any pressure on the gasket.

The Hamilton Beach rep was very nice and said that, yeah, the gasket isn't supposed to detach but the limited warranty is only for a year. So she offered free shipping on a new lid but the new lid won't have any warranty. So I don't know. That's an almost $20 lid for a $45 pot. I'm going to see if I can still use it with the detached gasket.

I was generally happy for 2 years and maybe that's all you get.
on August 22, 2013
This thing runs hot! You have to cook on warm even though the instructions warn against it. It still simmers on the warm setting. Outside metal shell is extremely thin and gets alarmingly hot while it is cooking. I like the snap on lid and the handles. The crock itself seems very sturdy. I'm not totally disappointed and am glad that it has a warm setting so my food doesn't get cremated, but I am uncomfortable leaving this on and leaving the house for any amount of time. But, for $36 you get what you pay for... Not a bad purchase, it just could be better.
on April 17, 2017
I bought this for cooking and transporting chili and other slow-cooker meals. We've used it twice, so far, and besides the oddity of getting used to clamping down the lid during cooking, it seems to be a good unit. It seems well-made and very similar to other crock pots that we have had. It heats well, is easy to clean, and transports well. I also bought the "Hamilton Beach Travel Case and Carrier" cover, and that seems to be a good purchase as well. If you transport your slow cooker often, it's worth looking at. The 7qt slow cooker fits snugly into the case.
on January 28, 2016
Pros:
- Snap on cover is such an awesome feature
- Handles fold for easy storage
- Cover flips up which is great so you don't need to find a place to put the cover down when its hot
- Weight seems normal

Cons:
- None

Quality:
The quality of this seems pretty good. This is the only reason it did not receive a five star review. The quality is well except that maybe the plastic could be a little more durable as it seems a little weak or lightweight. However with that being said I love the product. The cover snapping down is a huge selling point for me as it allows easy transportation when you are bringing it somewhere else. The other great thing is the ingenuity that went into the design. the cover can be opened and doesn't need to be taken off which is great. This means that you don't have to take off the cover and find a place to put it as it just flips up and stays there. Also another good point is that the handles fold down which allows for much easier storage.

Value:
The value is very reasonable for what you get ($30 - $48). Which all of the features, thought, and ingenuity that went into the design of this slow cooker, it seems well worth the price. I have only used it twice so far but everything seems to work great and I am happy with the purchase.
on October 6, 2016
When I set out to buy a slow cooker for my mom, I was looking at higher models with all the bells and whistles and the convertible ones that are like 7 different kind of pots in one. All digital, high-tech, everything mom did NOT want, lol. I then reluctantly refocused and set out to find just a slow cooker that was roomy, easy to clean, had manual controls and no extra "features" that break down and people seldom use. After viewing just about every offering on Amazon, I settled on this one because I liked the locking mechanism in case mom ever wanted to take her culinary delights on the road. Knowing how picky mom is and how unhappy she would be if she didn't like it, I held my breath, hit buy and continued to hold my breath until it was delivered and the final verdict came in ... Then one day I got an excited call from a very happy, gourmet-chef mom who loved this slow cooker! She uses it at least 3x/ wk and I get to hear about all the amazing things she's been cooking in this baby :)). Mom especially likes the locking mechanism and how it easy it is to clean. The cooker heats up quickly, cooks evenly and definitely does not spill when taken for a ride. Then she mentioned how relieved she was that I didn't send her one of those "other" ones ... Lol.
on March 18, 2016
There were several reviews that said you should not operate the slow cooker with the lid latched because of too much steam building up. There were other reviews that said they cooked with it latched all the time and had no problem. Well the rubber gasket is so thick that the only way to cook is with the lid latched closed. I looked to the manual to make sure that this was acceptable. Several places in the manual it stated you "MAY" (just like that in all caps) Cook with the lid latched. However, in the troubleshooting section it specifically states that you should not cook with the lid latched because it will cause the rubber gasket to deform. There is no way to use it without latching it, and since the manufacturer can't seem to figure out if that is acceptable or not, and the warranty is only 1 year, I'm returning this.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.