Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hamilton Beach 33262 Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Style Name: Standard packaging|Change

on January 3, 2013
The temperatures of this slow cooker are different than the previous model of the same product.
This model:
WARM 95W 159ºF
LOW 167W 184ºF
HIGH 260W 211ºF
This test was done with the stoneware crock filled with water to the 6 quart level. Temperature was taken after stabilizing. Room temperature for this test was 72ºF.
66 comments| 376 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2012
Price affect value directly. When I bought this is was ultra cheap and for the price I bought it for, excellent value. At it's current price (not sure if we can say) it's just an ok value.

Regardless. When I checked the brand's website for this model. It showed pictures that looked like the lid did not use a rubber surround. But it does. I was worried this would lead to altered food taste. But so far it has not. Everything taste the same as my previous no-rubber lid slow cooker.

The unit is very wide. And even more so with the handles that stick out really far make the length of the unit cumbersome for storage. While the lid has 2 small holes in it to vent, the instructions do remind you to not lock down the lid while cooking. And like all the slow cookers I have used, the exterior gets very hot.
0Comment| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2013
I've gone through two of these slow cookers so far this year! Both times the crock pot part on the inside has cracked. I can still use it cracked, but I don't like to because I never know when it will break.
on July 20, 2013
This was the first slow cooker I have ever owned that the handles melted off! Within an hour I came back to check it and the handles were lying on the table. Will not buy another Hamilton Beach slow cooker!
44 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2012
We were looking for a good basic slow cooker to replace one that we have had for 20 years. We found this one at an outstanding price and it works great. Unless you want some extra feature, you can't go wrong with this choice.
on March 24, 2013
We were using this crock-pot as a replacement to our smaller sized one, as our family grew, and we needed a larger option. We had used this crock-pot 20+ times before the incident. We started cooking a Sunday roast, and about 3 hours into it, my husband heard a pop, and a strange hissing sound. He went in, and the lid had exploded, and had shattered glass everywhere. We are waiting to call the company during open hours, as this could have been very bad if our children or ourselves had been in the kitchen.
1212 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2013
I bought this in January, used it about 10 times throughout the winter, and then when I went to use it again now that fall stew-season is upon us, it doesn't work at all. I tried last week, and it didn't even get warm. Just for "sport," I tried it again, on the high setting, and it MAYBE got as warm as the "warm" setting, and didn't manage to cook a pork belly in 8 hours. Still basically raw. Such a disappointment, because when it worked, I loved it. Off to find another slow-cooker.
on October 28, 2012
Love this product, it is big enough to cook for
4. I only wish it had an auto turn off but for the price it is absolutely a life saver.
- very happy consumer.
on June 6, 2014
Wow! I was cooking a stew and lifted the lid to give it a stir and then POP! I'm wondering what just happened and realize I'm holding the black handle knob, the lid frame is halfway in the stew with hundreds of glass chunks everywhere. I didn't even put the lid down or touch anything with it. I have had this cooker for 10 months and have always handled it with care and have never bumped the lid.

I am going to contact the company and see what they say. Don't even care about the getting a refund and I certainly don't want a replacement. Just miffed that all that meat went to waste.

Edit: Contacted customer service and they explained that this happens when there is a slight defect in the glass, and that this happens periodically to glass lids. And the lids are out of stock for the foreseeable future. Cheap glass lids is what they are selling. I have other glass lids (rice cooker, pans and pots) that have lasted for many years with no problems.
on December 3, 2013
I am thrilled to receive this slow cooker at Black Friday prices! However, I have one issue to share that may or may not concern you when deciding whether or not to purchase for yourself.

It is advertised as a 6 Quart size. However, it falls fall short of this. In the handbook, it specifically states that if you're going to cook soup or stew, leave the top 2 inches unfilled. That, folks, is 3 quarts of soup! I filled up my Pyrex measuring containers to check it out, just to be accurate. If you fill the slow cooker to the top (obviously over-filled) you will only fit 5 quarts + 1 cup of liquid. It will hold 6 quarts of liquid when filled all the way to the top ledge, where the lid is supposed to go (right before overflowing). In short, this will not cook 6 quarts of liquid. If you are concerned with size, then you'd better go with a bigger/different slow cooker.

The only other concern I have is that the wire clips that hold the top down stick out awkwardly, rather than folding down neatly. As long as you have plenty of storage this won't be a problem. If, however, you're like me & cram your crock pot into a lower shelf, you may need to not do so much cramming, as it could potentially bend or break the wire clips.

I was disappointed on the size, but as I never measure my recipes precisely, I am still thrilled overall with it.