Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hamilton Men's H32515555 Jazzmaster Silver Dial Watch
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on July 7, 2012
To find a mid priced automatic watch is a lot harder than it first looks. I've had this watch for about a month and the accuracy is very good; the watch keeps the time easily if you are sleeping without a watch. I have a watch winder for night use, but there is no need for that with the Jazzmaster. Some other automatic watches I own can't handle a long night of inactivity - not a problem for the Hamilton. The style, as you can see, is pretty conservative and the thickness is reasonable. I found the brown Hamilton band to be a smidgen too large for my wrist (I have VERY thin wrists and any normal person should not find this to be a problem) and the band had a strong and sightly unpleasant smell. I ordered a new strap, and during the week or so before I changed the band I wore the watch on and off to make sure it was a stayer and, during this time, the smell had completely disappeared so the band is just fine for the right wrist size. The luminescens is very muted, but the contrast between the dial and the hands are good enough for me not to have had problems in low light situation. Setting the watch is easy and the feel of the mechanism is very smooth and comforting. As a well built automatic watch should, there is NO sound at all from the winding mechanism - in my experience that is not always the case with some popular brands. The ticking sound is very unobtrusive, I would say it is imperceptible with a distance of more than two inches from my ear. The second hand does not move completely fluently, each second is made up of four or five discrete movements but the overall impression is that you have enough fluidity so that someone examining the watch actually checks it out (and, in some cases, find the slight stops between each fractional second to be a disappointment). I like a second hand on my watches and i really dislike a jerky movement. The Jazzmaster's second hand does not bother me in the least.

In my opinion, this is a very good value for a mid priced watch.
on January 30, 2012
This watch is truly beautiful,especially for the price.Be aware that the dial is a white steel and looks much less metallic in person. The guilloche is quality and attractive, and the leather is a great mellow dark brown. The movement is very good, proving reliable and accurate, i recommend this watch to anyone!
on April 1, 2013
I decided I wouldn't pull the trigger on a new watch unless I found exactly what I was looking for. I had a number of criteria that were important to me:

1. a dress watch (with a leather strap);
2. a clean, symmetrical, easily legible face (the pictures here don't do this watch justice, search the internet for better pics);
3. an automatic Swiss/German movement;
4. a case with a diameter of no more than 40 mm (not a fan of oversize watches);
5. a case no thicker than 8 mm (was getting annoyed by my other watch- a diver- catching on my shirt sleeve at work);
6. at least 5 Bar (165 ft.) pressure/water resistance (don't want to have to coddle a watch);
7. a second hand (otherwise, what's the use of an automatic movement? Hamilton makes a similar watch with a more respected movement, however it lacks a second hand);
8. a date display;
9. a skeleton back (yes, I know it's silly, but I just like it);
10. luminescent hands (granted, it's pretty weak, especially if it's sitting under a shirt sleeve all day. I would say there's very good contrast on the face, but in total darkness, the lume isn't much help);
11. made by a company that's likely to be in business in 20 years (Hamilton is owned by the Swatch Group); and
12. not overly pretentious and costs less than $1,000 (which are somewhat related).

This obviously fits the bill and I couldn't be happier with it. I note that it's easy to dress this watch up or down with diferent watch bands.
on May 2, 2013
Elegant design, and at 40mm, the case is about as big as my wrist can manage (i have small hands and pretty thin wrists). I don't like the giant watch trend, and while this watch is bigger than vintage pieces, it isn't overbearing. The metallic color of the face is fantastic; it's not silver, but it's not white either. It seems to have just the faintest hint of a gold or bronze luster that gives the metal an aged look that i find appealing. Time keeping has been excellent. I wear it all day and give the crown a few twists before i set it on the table when i get home and am staying within 30 seconds of atomic time after a few weeks.

I've had the watch for about five months now and am still very pleased.
on March 1, 2014
Best looking watch I own. Keeps time very well for a mechanical watch (better than my Omega Seamaster GMT). The watch actually looks much nicer than photos reveal. The metallic face has much richer tones and the texturing on the dial provides much more contrast than shown in the photo. Of course the price I paid was far below retail but after seeing the watch in person, I would have considered the retail price to be more than fair for this watch. Hamilton might be the best kept secret in the watch world.
on January 20, 2015
I've had my eye on this watch for a few months and I finally decided to pull the trigger. I had been looking for a really elegant, classic automatic dress watch with some history and character and this Hamilton did not disappoint.

The finish on this watch is superb. Solid construction with graceful lines. The face is gorgeous with very nice detail and tiny "H" embellishments that are visible upon close inspection. They give the watch a high degree of character. The arabic numerals accent the dial and the date window is relatively readable. The second hand sweep is very smooth, made up of very tiny incremental ticks -- barely noticeable to the casual observer.

It is a very nice size at 40mm, not too big but not too small either. If you're a fan of obnoxiously large watches, move along, this is not for you. But if you are looking for a watch that exudes class, elegance and style, look no further.

The leather strap is also very nice. A rich deep brown leather, with alligator embossing. It suits the watch well and keeps it light on the wrist. This watch is also available with a stainless bracelet which is very stylish (with "H"'s incorporated into the design), but I opted for the leather band. I may order the bracelet later as an option, but I personally like the strap. Very classy.

As the name Viewmatic implies, it has a skeleton back showcasing the movement. This is a nice, trendy feature that fascinates my 6 year old (and is a nice sleep aid), but this watch is beautiful with or without it. As a curiosity, it's a nice addition.

I haven't had it long enough to evaluate it's accuracy, but after a couple weeks it seems to be right on. I keep it on a winder when not in use and it has been working continuously since I received it and keeping accurate time.

In summary, if you're looking for a watch that is elegant and understated, but still commands attention and attracts compliments, this Hamilton is a winner. I liked this watch so much I'm already eyeing the Hamilton Khaki Field Watch and expect to pick one up later this year.
on August 4, 2015
As a watch collector it's rare for me to wear a piece several days in a row. That being said this Hamilton hasn't left my wrist since I bought it.
It wears very well and is a great size for a modern dress watch(40mm). It comfortably fits under a shirt cuff and the sapphire crystal, display case-back, and branded strap hardware is all a plus.
Like others said the strap isn't the best, but I don't find it lacking, though I did order a replacement in a cognac since that's the color I prefer.
Overall a great watch for day to day use, or dressy occasions.
on December 18, 2013
I like to wear this for slightly less impact than an all metal chronograph type watch for those dressier moments. It's very simple, but elegant looking. My particular watch runs fast however. I'd say it gains 5 minutes per week, but this could be due to the type of setting I'm using on my watch winder. I have it set to the same settings as my Ball Night Train which sits next to it in the winder, but the Ball keeps absolutely perfect time. I'll adjust the settings for this particular watch to see if it improves the timekeeping and will post an update if it does. Also, the band is a little stiff for my taste, but easily remedied.
on December 23, 2015
I love my Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic. It is classic, understated, and elegant. It can be dressed up or down for pretty much any occasion and has a very unique look and feel that differentiates it from other watches. I love the detailed textured design in the center of the face. I have mine on a Hirsch heavy calf strap with a deployant clasp and it looks great.

I have had this watch for almost 4 years now and it is has never skipped a beat nor have I ever gotten bored with looking at it like I sometimes do with other watches I have had in the past. I also have an Omega Seamaster and a Hamilton Khaki King but I think this one gets more wear than either of those. I also looked at the larger 44 mm version of this watch, but this one is more classic and more versatile than the larger one. Plus, I don't typically love huge watches so maybe that's a personal preference. You can't go wrong with a Jazzmaster Viewmatic!
on October 28, 2012
I have been looking for a nice leather banded dress watch for months. I recently ordered an Oris Artix Date watch and after it didn't ship on time I canceled my order. I had a meeting at work and someone was wearing this watch. I kept staring and staring trying to figure out what it was, the poor guy was pitching something to me and all I heard was Charlie Brown adult speak. It took a while but from across the table I eventually made out "Hamilton." Immediately after my meeting I rushed to look this watch up. It looked really classy and sharp. The size is perfect at 40mm. I had previously tried on a 43mm thin-o-matic and felt it was just too big for a dress watch. At less than $500 it was a STEAL! It looks and feels like dozens of other watches in the $1000+ range, shoot even $1500+ range. I have a rolex auto, victorinox auto, Seiko auto, and this watch gives them all a run for the money. Highly recommend!