Warning: Don't want your spouse to smack you? your kids to kick your shins? Then avoid this album at ALL COSTS. You'll ignore them. all. Brushing off this warning may cause severe feel good feely feelings. You may experience a spell of charisma, nostalgia, intrigue, etc. Once you've reached elation, forget calling for help. The addiction has now taken you. Soon your family will start experimenting with this album and know Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton are more than just a trivia question from the Got Milk commercial from 1993. Everyone loses.
Truth be told and joking aside, I can't get enough of this album. The source material is certainly not all "feel good", but the retelling of Hamilton's journey was masterful. The musical blend by Miranda was hypnotic and brought up doses of nostalgia. Everything from the instrumental echoes of Grandmaster Flash to the slick rhymes of 80s/90s Hip Hop intertwined and woven with past Broadway styles was truly a fantastic experience for me. As for the story, I won't spoil the content of the album. That would be stealing an opportunity from you. I'll leave it at this:
I enjoyed this album enough to:
-sing along with it
-move along with it
-make plans to fly out to Broadway to watch and support this show
-most importantly: find out more about Alexander Hamilton beyond the 1993 Got Milk commercial
I hope you enjoy this album as much as I have
- Original Release Date: September 25, 2015
- Release Date: September 25, 2015
- Number of Discs: 2
- Label: Atlantic Records
- Copyright: ℗© 2015 Hamilton Uptown, LLC under exclusive license to Atlantic Recording Corporation for the United States and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the United States.
- Record Company Required Metadata: Music file metadata contains unique purchase identifier. Learn more.
- Total Length: 2:22:16
- Format: Explicit Lyrics
- ASIN: B0135P6PZA
- Average Customer Review: 4,212 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#87 Paid in Albums (See Top 100 Paid in Albums)
- #7 in Soundtracks (Albums)