Consider these available items
Hammer Black Widow Legend Bowling Ball
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Hammer is calling to what it is, a legend
- The Black Widow Legend takes the proven history of the Black Widow line and takes it up a notch
- This is the first ball in this line to use a hybrid coverstock
Featured items you may like
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Hammer is calling to what it is, a legend. The Black Widow Legend takes the proven history of the Black Widow line and takes it up a notch. This is the first ball in this line to use a hybrid coverstock. This ball is aggressive with it's polished cover and then combine it with popular Gas Mask core to provide awesome movement on the backend that carries through the pins. Color: Black/Red Pearl Reaction: Strong to mid-lane with massive backend Coverstock: NBT Hybrid Core Type: Gas Mask (includes Flex-Resin additive, Ceramix surface process, and Carbon-Fiber outer core) Factory Finish: 500, 500, 500, 1000 Abralon with Power House Factory Finish at 300 RPM Speed Radius of Gyration (RG): 2.50 Differential (Diff): .058 RG and Diff are based off of 15 lb. balls Hook Potential: High Length: Medium Recommended Lane Condition: Medium-Heavy Oil 3 year manufacturer's warranty
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I started bowling again with a rather old urethane bowling ball. I had the same problem with it that I've always had. If the lanes were oily, my weak spin would not catch before the ball hit the pins. It even seems that the newer alleys with synthetic lanes use even more oil and no matter how much I tried to slow down my release, the ball would not grab.
I did a lot of reading about the bowling balls available on Amazon and when I read that this ball was designed for medium to heavily oiled lanes, I knew this was the one for me.
This ball has changed my weak curve into something wicked! I can throw from all the way of the right side of the alley and it hooks like I am a pro, even right after they oil the lanes! For me, it's been a miraculous transition. After many games, I still cannot believe how this ball hooks even with my weak spin.
2) With the pin placement of 1", I will say I get a smooth backend even on heavy oil - I find that I don't have to make a lot of adjustments during 3 game league play, so seems to be fairly consistent for me as oil breaks down (I do you a different ball for spares, although probably don't need to)
3) I have not bowled for 40 years and got back into it 4 months ago, started with an league average of 167 right from the start (I did bolt 1 month prior to joining the league) After bowling 10 practice games with this ball and averaging 195 over the 10 games, I bowled 3 games in league play and rolled a 591 (easily would have had 600 series but missed a 1 pin spare in the 10th)
I would say this is an excellent ball, overall and feel I will easily average over 200 ASAP with is It rolls very consistent in heavy, medium or dry lanes and leaves VERY few splits. I purchased the 16 lb ball and roll it 16.5 MPH on average. I have no negative comments about this ball, it is absolutely fantastic!
It does have a lot of back end power as advertised, however, the ball is cheaply made..