Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 79 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 93 reviews
on October 27, 2015
While I'm a big horror and hammer fan, this series is not up to Hammer or my standards.
First off there were only a handful of episodes which had any sense of closure or horrific shock ending, or shocks at all.
Most episodes generate some Hammer ambiance with the locals, but script wise there is no real heft, and the episodes are rather tedious and unfulfilling...
Compared to say night gallery, the hammer house of horror is severely lacking in twists and surprise endings, and is as impressive as a gardeners shack.
on April 17, 2017
An interesting British TV series that only lasted one year(13 episodes)! None of the episodes are of the quality of, say, Dark Shadows, but still, with Hammer, what would you expect!?! Worth a watch!!
on July 19, 2014
I remember watching these with my dad when I was a teenager when they came on television. Some of them scared me terribly!
I have been looking all over for a set like this. Every few weeks, we get together and watch an episode or two. I have even gotten my husband hooked on them! The picture quality and clarity is amazing for the price. Definite must see for British horror buffs!!
on March 22, 2017
GREAT SHOW
on May 17, 2014
I was absolutely shocked to discover the quality of these older British war stories put out by Hammer Studios. They are incredibly good. The stories are good, the acting is incredible. The cinematography is great. One could not ask for anything more.
on December 27, 2010
hammer made a pretty cool tv series back in the early 80's. It's well acted by many stalwarts of british film too. This features many types of stories. madmen, witches and the like so some horror fans may not be happy with every episode. But true horror has to feature human monsters too and this one does. You get the whole series here and sadly this was hammers last gasp as a company. They were trying to come back but couldn't. Anyways as a horror fan i was glad to get this cool series that I hadn't seen for so long. The series looks pretty good too here with little damage to the film prints. And this one was shot on film not video tape something most brit series did till the mid 80's. This is old school varied horror and worth collecting.
on June 29, 2017
Love the Set!
on February 17, 2014
Just received, haven't finished watching all discs, but so far within my expectations. Children of the Moon I watched first since I wanted to see the late Diana Dors. I'm a Hammer fan from the 60's. I have all the Peter Cushing & Christopher Lee Draculas & Frankensteins plus various others. I don't have Oliver Reed's Curse of the Werewolf yet though.
on August 2, 2017
Did not care for this collection. I had to return it but only got back $3.09. Not too pleased with that policy! The English actors were a little hard to understand.
on July 22, 2017
Prompt delivery & as usual excellent product...