Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.83 shipping
"Hana-Ami" Flower Loom 6 Shape Set, Pink/Blue
|Price:||$11.28 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Includes 6 Shapes; 2 square; 3 round; 1 hexagon; with base, cover, centering loom, and tapestry needle
- Make fun accessories
- Home decor and embellishing
- Hana-Ami flower loom
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. Six looms that all nest together in one closed container.
2. Each loom fits onto the base individually, and the base has slots and notches to hold yarn tails. No trouble keeping a grip on the small circle and square.
3. Compared to other looms, these have more pegs. More pegs allows more options and fuller motifs when using thinner yarns, raffias, strings, whatever. The pegs are as tall as on other looms I have, so I don't know why others have trouble keeping loops on. The Hana-Ami's pegs are slightly tapered, which helps if you want to transfer loops to adjacent pegs (which you might do while weaving petals, for example, to taper the petal points).
4. This set comes with a centre peg that can be used on the base when making partial circles or squares or hexagons. The woven fan shape, a quarter circle, in the instructions could make dangles for earrings or an interesting pendant on a necklace.
5. Comes with a plastic needle with a curved tip.
6. Detailed instructions inside, and you can always find a lot more ideas for small looms at knitting-and dot com.
7. Includes approximate length of yarn needed for one pass around each loom. You know in advance if that scrap of leftover yarn is long enough to be useful. Actually, just about anything is long enough to be used in a flower centre.
I say ignore the naysayers and give this set a try. I doubt you'll regret it.
The instructions aren't the greatest, but I found a wealth of information on the web, especially at knitting-and dot com.
I haven't had problems with thread/yarn/ribbon slipping off of the pegs. All in all I've found it a pleasure to work with, and with all of the shapes that come with it, the possibilities are endless.
If you want a flower loom, this would be the one to get.
There is the base where the loom pieces fit into so that you have a steady piece to hold onto and work with (also makes it handy for when you want to use two sizes together as you can attach one of the larger pieces and smaller ones at the same time).
The directions for a basic flower are easy to follow, though this loom has plenty of uses beyond that. I provided a picture showing how I made two different flowers. Once was made looping wire around the loom and then wrapping the center with yarn, the other is just yarn woven on the loom. You could knit on it though there are no notches on the pegs to hold the yarn so it'd not be the ideal loom for that. Searching online will find you much better directions than the simple short ones than come with it.
If there is a negative to this, it's that the plastic needle seems a bit flimsy. It has taken my abuse so far, but I do keep worrying that I am going to break it. I'll likely replace it with a metal one.
The plastic dome cover keeps everything together nicely. I'm definitely not sorry that I bought it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very nice product, lots of options for making flowers. I have found that it works better with a thin (2 ply) yarn. Read morePublished 3 months ago by S Corinchock
I am excited to try this product but it did not come with instructions.Published 4 months ago by Nana