HandiRack Universal Inflatable Roof Rack Bars (Black); Tie-downs Included; Fits Most Cars and SUVs
|Price:||$78.95 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$21.00 (21%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Inflatable vehicle rack for carrying all types of gear and accessories; Makes a great CANOE RACK, KAYAK RACK, SURFBOARD RACK, SUP RACK and WINTER SPORTS RACK; LIGHTWEIGHT YET HEAVY-DUTY; Load capacity of 175lbs; Certified for use up to Highway Speeds
- Easy to install; No tools required; Twin-bars are secured to the roof by a fitting strap that passes through the vehicle's doors; Strap then fastens in a heavy-duty cam buckle; To view the installation process, please watch the video; User Manual included
- Universal roof bars; No side rails or gutters required; Fits Compact, Sedan, Station Wagon, MPV, SUV, Crossover, 4x4, 2, 3, 4 or 5 door vehicles; Unsuitable for vehicles with soft-tops and curtain airbags; Should not be left on vehicle when not in use
- Tested on many vehicle brands including: AUDI BMW BUICK CHEVROLET DODGE FORD HONDA HYUNDAI JEEP KIA MAZDA MERCEDES MITSUBISHI NISSAN SMART SUBARU SUZUKI TOYOTA VW; Please contact HandiWorld if you are unsure about the compatibility of your vehicle
- Includes: 2 x HandiRack twin-tubes each with 5 D ring anchor points, 2 x 9.8ft tie-down HandiStraps, a high-volume HandiPump for inflating each bladder, Instruction Manual and a travel bag for easy storage; BOW and STERN LINES are also included
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
HandiRack Universal Roof Rack
The HandiRack is an inflatable vehicle rack for carrying all types of gear and accessories
Each HandiRack kit comes with two HandiRack twin tubes which safely cushion your cargo during transportation, two 9.8ft webbing tie-down HandiStraps to carry your possessions safely and securely, a high volume double-action HandiPump which inflates each bladder of the roof rack in seconds, a detailed instruction booklet for easy installation and a portable nylon drawstring travel bag to store the roof top system in your trunk while it’s not being used. A set of Bow and Stern lines are also included.
HandiRack vs. Normal Metal Roof Bars
The infographic above shows how the HandiRack compares to a normal metal roof rack.
As shown above, the HandiRack has many advantages over a normal metal roof rack. By choosing a HandiRack customers enjoy a truly versatile and cost-effective cargo rack solution.
Versatile, Multipurpose Roof Rack
Sports Equipment Load Carrier
The HandiRack is a brilliant solution for transporting sports equipment. SUPs,surf boards, kayaks and canoes can all be safely secured to the HandiRack. Bow & Stern lines are also included with each HandiRack to ensure that your kayak and canoe is safely secured to the front and back of your vehicle.
Winter Sports Gear Load Carrier
Not only is the HandiRack great for transporting paddle sports and watersports equipment, but come the winter, it's ideal for carrying skiis, snowboards and lots of other gear.
Get Purchases Home From The Store
The HandiRack makes it easy to get home those bulky store purchases such as lengths of timber, plumbing materials, ladders and flat-packed furniture.
Universal Roof Bars
The HandiRack is Compatible with Most Cars and SUVs
These multipurpose universal roof bars will fit almost any type of vehicle. This roof rack is interchangeable between vehicles (no side rails or gutters required), whether it’s a Minicompact, Subcompact, Sedan, Mid-size, Station Wagon, MPV, SUV, Crossover, 4x4, coupe, 2-door, 3-door, 4-door or 5-door vehicle. It’s unsuitable for vehicles with a soft-top or curtain airbags. Please note that the HandiRack is a temporary roof rack system and should not be left fitted to the vehicle when not in use.
The HandiRack has been tested on almost every vehicle brand including but not limited to Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Corvette, Dodge, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz,Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Smart, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, VW and Volvo.
- Universal size
- Stores easily
- Totally portable
- Interchangeable between vehicles
- 175lbs load capacity
- HandiStrap tie-downs & HandiPump included
- Bow & Stern lines included
The HandiRack is Simple to Install
The HandiRack is easy to install; having ensured your vehicle’s roof is clean, the HandiRack straps directly onto your vehicle's roof (deflated) with no additional equipment required (a HandiPump is included). Each set of twin-bars is safely secured to the roof by a fitting strap that passes through the vehicle's doors and is then held in place by a heavy-duty cam buckle. Comprehensive instructions are included with the product.
- The HandiRack is inflatable which means that when its not in use it packs down to a very small storage size. Once inflated the bars are very strong and cushion your load.
- The HandiRack is inflated using the HandiPump which is included. Each bladder takes about 30 seconds to inflate and so the whole system can be attached to your car in around five minutes.
- The HandiRack will fit most cars with the exception of soft top convertibles. It works with cars that have panoramic roofs and factory fitted roof rails.
Heavy-duty Cam Buckles
The HandiRack features extremely strong cam buckles. These buckles ensure the HandiRack fitting strap never loses tension.
D Ring Anchor Points
The 5 D ring anchor points on each HandiRack allow you to safely secure your load using a pair of 9.8ft HandiStraps (included).
Fast Inflating HandiPump
Each bladder is inflated in a matter of seconds using the double-action HandiPump which is included with every HandiRack.
Strong & Durable Material
The HandiRack is manufactured using extremely strong and durable nylon material.
Compare with similar items
Seah Hardware Universal Roof Rack Cross-Bars 2 PC. 48 Inches Black
MPH Production 2Pcs 48" (120cm) Universal Fit Black Adjustable Aluminum Window Frame Roof Rack Rail Cross Bars Utility Cargo Carrier with 3 Pairs of Mounting Clamps (2 Pcs)
Orion Motor Tech Lightweight Anti-Vibration Universal Car Soft Roof Rack Pad for Kayak/Canoe/Surfboard/Paddleboard/SUP/Snowboard and Water Sports Accessories with Adjustable and Substantial Straps
DORSAL Wrap-Rax Surfboard Roof Rack, Universal Fit for Cars and SUVs
MAXXHAUL 46" x 36" x 4-1/2" - 150 lb. Capacity - NOT Assembled 70115 Steel Roof Rack-150 lb
|Sold By||HandiWorld||SEAH||Autoparts Elite||Orion Motor Tech Direct||HyrdoTech||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||14.60 x 7.40 x 5.70 inches||47.60 x 4.80 x 3.20 inches||—||36.22 x 9.06 x 4.72 inches||0.39 x 0.39 x 0.39 inches||—|
|Item Weight||5.75 lbs||6.00 lbs||12.00 lbs||4.12 lbs||1.75 lbs||25.00 lbs|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
GREAT quality fabric rack, and the included load straps are extremely well-made/strong too. Air chambers do provide a nice cushion between your load and your rooftop (it’ll work on glass tops as well – big plus!). Rack is solid at highway speeds, 60-75mph.
*** CONS ***
Air chambers can’t take much heat, nor pressure/load, and it’s just a matter of time until they break down (solution/mod below).
*** OVERALL ***
The rack worked great on my Scion tC (100% glass moon roof) for 3-4 trips before 2 out of the 4 air chambers popped at the same time. Did I put too much air or strapped my 80lb yak down too much? Perhaps. Also, leaving the rack on my car while kayaking wasn’t a good idea either – it was just too hot (SoCal weather) and it deflated rather quickly. Instead of returning/exchanging it, I modified it and it’s now the perfect roof rack I hoped for.
*** MOD ***
1) You’ll need 4, 3” diameter pool noodles. Cut them 36” long. You can find them at your local store for less than $3 each.
2) Cut the valve off, insert a piece of wood (I used chopsticks still glued together) through that hole and move it until it hits the edge of the fabric chamber. Cut the fabric in a straight line. The wood ensures you're not cutting through each end of the fabric, but just one.
3) Deflate the entire air chamber and remove it – just pull it. If the chamber got too hot and stuck to the fabric, just make sure it’s all the way deflated and pull as hard as you can – it’ll eventually come off. Don’t worry, the fabric is really strong and the seams won’t come undone.
4) Insert the pool noodles.
5) With a lighter, flame up the edge of the fabric really fast, making sure it doesn’t get on fire.
You’re done. No more air chambers, and no more pump needed.
Why not just return it and use straight pool noodles/foam bricks instead? With just noodles/foam bricks, you’re putting the ENTIRE pressure/load on top of your roof, which isn’t good, especially if you have a glass rooftop. With this fabric rack, you’re putting MOST of the pressure/load ON THE RACK first, and then you simply tie it down to your car’s roof. Big difference right there!
TIP: If you're carrying a kayak, do yourself a favor and tie the bow and stern with ratchet straps as well. This will ensure your kayak stays centered the entire time, so sudden breaks on the road won't give you a hearth attack. ;)
I recently needed to get some lumber for a home project and found these roof racks to be perfect.....I simply placed the lumber on top of the inflated tubes and cinched it down the same way I cinch the kayak, with the provided straps. I did run tape around the lumber to be sure pieces wouldn't slip out at the ends. Who says I need a truck?
In the middle of a long trip. Definitely find a rest stop to have a check making sure things are tight.
Not many instructions on how to tie things down. But absolutely works well if you know how to do it, and buy extra straps.
Does not take long to untie stuff because of the simple tightening buckle mechanism of the straps.
Top international reviews
Me o teresa el producto pero en buen estado