Clay Handprint & Footprint Keepsake Photo Desktop Frame - Black
- Includes soft, pliable, air-drying clay; No Mixing; No Baking
- The clay is non-toxic, safe, easy to use & dries to a stone-like material.
- Recommended Ages: 0-3yrs (and older if only displaying hand impressions).
- Holds one 5x7 inch photo & two 4.5 x 6.5 inch clay impressions.
- Available in Desktop: Black, Mahogany, Natural; or Wall Mount: White, Black
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
That said, it took five hours and four people to make these. I'm not even kidding.
Hilarious story aside, here are some great tips for making it work well with a small infant:
- Roll the clay into the frame about an hour before you plan to press into it. You can still get one re-do out of it.
- Have at leat one other person with you so one person can focus on baby, and one can hold the frame at whatever odd angle you need.
- If you are making a lot, consider an extra or practice set.
- Do all the foot impressions first. Baby feet are easier to press into the clay, and you can get a good sense of how hard to push and what the imprints will look like.
- It's hard to get baby's hands flat, and keep her from grabbing a handful of clay instead of making an impression. After a few failed attempts and some replacement clay, we finally got great results with one-hour hardened clay and making the impressions while she was well-distracted with a bottle.
- make sure you have the frame the right direction when you make imprints - there is no way to "flip" the frame upside down on one end and not the other.
- There are little screws and hinges between the frames. There is nothing stopping you from taking them apart to put together your best sets. Multiple sets are really handy for this.
- I also wrote baby's name and birthday in the clay. That worked best once it was dry for maybe 90 minutes. The included stick was ok, dipped in water between letters.
I am only ranking this product with 4 stars because it would have been nice to have a glass cover for the picture. I also think the frame could have been made just a little better. That is being really picky though. I am sure that whomever you are giving this gift to will enjoy it for years and years.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Little difficult to use. I think the clay is harder to use vs plaster. The clay cracked on me, even though I put a moist towel on it to protect it.Published 1 month ago by James B.
I love this set. There is nothing like capturing a snapshot in time of your little ones hands and feet. I look at these on my mantle daily and just smile. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Christine W.
I've bought 3 of these total, one for Father's Day after each of our children was born. It was really easy to work with and to correct mistakes. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Allyson
The wood is held together with glue only. Cheaply made. I would return it, but really wanted this for our sons 3 month. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Dean
The quality of the frame is very cheap...enter to order just the clay and get frames from Michaels or other art and craft storePublished 9 months ago by Tina
all other we tried for my grandson would work this one worked peerfectPublished 10 months ago by Angel Clark
Very pleased with the purchase. With my first child, I only used one pack of clay on one side, and had both her palm and leg in one. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Shruthi