Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 376 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 500 reviews
on June 13, 2017
Some other reviewer said this one lacked the soulfulness. I agree, this album did not do it for me and I am a Maroon 5 fan. Maybe one song on this is classic Maroon 5, the rest of the album missed it for me.
on April 14, 2017
Great music!!
There aren't very many modern bands that I really like--especially not enough to purchase all of their CDs--but I must admit, I am somewhat addicted to the unique voice of Adam Levine, lead singer of Maroon 5. When I heard the first release from this new album, "Misery," I thought it was kind of catchy, but I had no plans to buy the CD. However, the song grew on me, and it wasn't long before I found myself placing an Amazon order.

HANDS ALL OVER definitely IS a catchy CD. "Misery" opens the album, but the three tracks which follow, "Give a Little More," "Stutter," and "Don't Know Nothing," all have a very similar, pop-like feel. This is fine; they are decent enough tunes. But they lack lack the soulfulness of ballad like "She Will Be Loved" or the edginess of "Harder to Breathe" (both tracks from the band's first album, Songs About Jane. Even their second album, It Won't Be Soon Before Long, retained a bit more of a rough sound (e.g., "Wake Up Call") interspersed with ballads such as "Goodnight Goodnight" and "Better That We Break."

And that's the main problem I have with HANDS ALL OVER--the lack of variety. Every song seems like another pure pop tune; the one track coming closest to a ballad is probably "Just a Feeling," which is still fairly up-tempo. Similarly, there are no singles that really stand out from the crowd, either, although the title track, "Hands All Over," does have a bit of a funkier sound. Also, the duet with Lady Antebellum, "Out of Goodbyes," is well-done, but nothing remarkable. Same goes for the bonus acoustic tracks--certainly nice enough, but they don't really make a huge impact. I do kind of like the final (non-bonus) track, "Curtain Call"; there's nothing really special about this song either, but it does highlight Levine's vocals, which is probably why I enjoy it.

In the end, I am happy with this album purchase, although I don't see any of the songs here becoming my new favorites. Recommended if you are already a fan of Maroon 5; if not, go out and get yourself Songs About Jane first.
on March 2, 2011
If you consider yourself a fan of Maroon 5, then you should definitely get this album. I saw them in concert back in October '10 and they performed a few of the songs and it was incredible! They're back in full force on 'Hands All Over'. Adam said in an interview that 'It Won't Be Soon Before Long' wasn't a very fun album and it's true, I didn't enjoy it much. In my opinion, it was very forgettable. 'Hands All Over' is entirely listenable, enjoyable, full of dance-worthy, 'feel-good' tracks. My favorites are:

Give A Little More
Never Gonna Leave This Bed
I Can't Lie
Hands All Over
How
Get Back In My Life
Just A Feeling
Runaway

Of course, 'Songs About Jane' is their best album, it's a classic in my book and if you loved that one...you'll definitely like this album. If 'It Won't Be Soon Before Long' is your favorite Maroon 5 album, I'm not quite sure this effort will impress you as much. Just my two cents, guys. Enjoy!
on June 3, 2017
I love Maroon 5 and their music.
on July 26, 2012
Although I think this is very good cd of M5 Hands All Over, beware that not all versions have 'Movers Like Jagger'. I browsed around I saw one CD had 13 traks, when I shoped around for best price and selected to buy, what I got was a CD with 12 traks (moves like jagger) was missing. Not sure whats up with that but when doing some research, it seems thats the case more times than not. So, if you want (move like jagger), be sure to pay close attention thats what you're really getting. For now I will not purchase another on with 'missing' trak and just live with it..Overall view, this CD is much better than Overexposed (it was too disco like), this CD is true M5 sound, just wish I had 'move like jagger, tho.
on May 19, 2016
Great album and unbelievable price.
on September 22, 2010
This album is frankly solid from top to bottom, without being any heavy.
It's the way Mutt Lange was able to convey all of their nuances into efficaciousness, without compromising their special talent, which is the uncanny ability to create amazing pop melodies that seem easy, while in fact are more timeless.
The skill of Adam Levine in singing about love life has reached peaks of vocal expressivity in this record.
If one pays attention to each song, you pretty much listen and properly view a unique story of lovers, that doesn't end well, but shows all the colors of a true life.

It's their best album to date.

Overlooking it may just make you miss the only decent thing that's left in pop-rock currently.
on April 23, 2017
Gotta love Maroon 5
on February 8, 2013
Like any album, you will always have some songs you like more than others. I am a Maroon 5 fan and chose to buy this album over their latest simply because I enjoyed the variety of music and versatility in this one compared to the last. I felt like their latest album sounds the same throughout most of it. Otherwise, the album is not bad, but I bought it when it was on sale for less than $5. I don't think it is worth your buy if you are going to be paying full price. There are more misses than hits in my opinion, but overall, good, not amazing though!