- File Size: 2711 KB
- Print Length: 550 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1953262007
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: July 2, 2020
- Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B08C9X5R1G
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #183 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Hands Down Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
More items to explore
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Dear Ms. Zapata,
I got the newsletter update of a new book and could not wait after reading the beginning. So when I got the update in another email that the book was out, I immediately bought it! Not kindle unlimited, I clicked 'buy now.' This is the second book I regretted doing that for and I will NOT be buying anymore books. The last book was also a bit of a let down but was not anywhere near how bad this one was to me. So.....
What is going on? I am truly confused. This book did nothing for me at all. It took me from 7am to 2am to read 127 pages, and I didn't put my kindle down. I was actively trying to read the book. I kept waiting for the book to get better, for me to like Bianca, for it to make sense! My sister had the privilege of watching me flounder and complain about every page, all the things I thought was wrong and I was determined to write this review. I even got on my computer so I didn't give up trying on my kindle.
1. It was boring! Im sorry. I am all for her usual slow burns. I don't mind at all for some interesting introspection. But this book was so repetitive and had 0 substance. I kept waiting for some sassiness or self confidence from Bianca. She was so whiny to me and such a push over! I stopped just now and read other 3 and below stars and couldn't agree with the others anymore. I can not describe the feeling I have in my belly of just sitting and wasting my time and my perfectly good Sunday.
2. I felt 0 connection. It made no sense for me that she was willing to forget that someone who was an active person in her life just disappeared from her life for 10 years, even though she's best friends (her cousin-brother) with his friend who he sees semi-regularly. The cousin-brother regularly sends her pictures of them at various locations. She follows all his moves on social media. I'm thinking the cousin-brother MUST have posted her on his site at some point. Yet still, the main guy Zac never not once has reached out to her. She used to text him or call him and he just never responded. Thats the type of hero we are supposed to route for? Why not have them stay in contact even if he's not all the way invested in her life so it makes sense why she just jumps when he calls or throws her any tiny interest. Her excuse is that her grandmother that passed would have wanted her to be nice to him? Really? My abandonment issues wouldn't let me forgive him.
3. That brings me to this point. It was not relatable. Normally I can see myself in her characters in some way, mostly the females and then of course Im routing for them. I could not see myself in Bianca. She met him again after her cousin asked her to let him know his grandfather was in the hospital. He doesn't recognize her AT ALL. She has to mention her cousin-brothers name before he finally recognizes her. We're supposed to believe this happens to her all the time. Like that makes it ok. Why should we want this poor girl to be with him. He comes of as so selfish to me.
Those are the reasons I can think of right now because like I said I don't know if I can finish this book. I will be returning it and reading on kindle unlimited. It's very hard to read a book that takes this much effort to read and that would take this much time, but I want very much for it to get better!! I want that so bad. I have loved 90% of the others, I think only 2 books were a no for me and one of them was the last one.
A confused Fan