Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Hands down one of the best Xhtml/CSS books out on the market

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 22, 2007 10:02:06 AM PDT
I was lucky to find this gem of a book and managed to get it for a decent deal. Wow is this book good. While I was already familiar with HTML/CSS I had been using tabled layout.

I am proud to report today after reading only 50 pages of this book I now understand why tabled layout is so worthless for design. The author provides the information in such a way where you are not confused or lost when you reach a point. Filled with strait to the point examples this book shines where others fail.

I have filled in so many holes just from reviewing old stuff that I thought I truly understood. He makes it easy to understand and justify why you use EM instead of Pixels for fonts or why certain tags are no longer useful.

A must have for any beginner or expert users who maybe use CSS but don't truly understand some of the tags they find. He clears it all up and one sweet little book.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Jun 22, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 22, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
HTML Dog: The Best-Practice Guide to XHTML and CSS
HTML Dog: The Best-Practice Guide to XHTML and CSS by Patrick Griffiths (Paperback - December 2, 2006)
4.2 out of 5 stars (20)