BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 100 REVIEWERon May 20, 2015
My husband has bought these boxer briefs numerous times over the years, but the last package he purchased here was definitely different in construction and fit. First, they are larger/looser than previously. Next, the "comfort waistband" is being manufactured in a way that leaves a wide exposed seam on the inside (see photo). The fabric is soft, the outside of the waistband is soft---but the inside is not! This used to be a go-to brand for consistent quality, no more.

NOTE: some older reviews complained about fabric content not being 100%, but my package certainly was; Made in Vietnam.
review image
22 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
As seen on other reviews these have changed a little the stitching in the waist band can be a little scratchy after a few washes it does become better. (I think part of the reason is if you look at the end of the stitch you can see the elastic between the fabric that is folded over it and think during certain movements it brushes up against the skin) other than that these seem to be fine and might fall a little lower on the leg (1 inch)
VINE VOICEon February 28, 2016
The last year or so I have been purchasing different brands of undies for the Hubby because they have either shrunk in the wash, had itchy tags, or have chaffed after a long day of work. His favorite brand had been the boxer briefs sold through Old Navy. The issue though would have to be the durability; within 6 months there were always tears in the seat or seams.

I researched online and knew that he wanted a mostly cotton blend that did not shrink in the wash and went down further on the thigh which helps reduce friction, according to him. He also informed me that he hated the polyster blends with the 'active' wear designation because they made him sweat profusely and shrank more than 20 percent.

The pack of 5 seemed to be priced rather accordingly and ticked off most of his wants. Upon arrival the colors are as they appear in the descrption image. They do rest about 7 inches or so above the knee and fit rather loosely. We could have gone down a size and it would have been perfect. For the individual that prefers a loose fit then your size will accomodate that, if not then go down a size. The cotton is soft and thin, while the waistband does not slide. The band around the thighs is loose and comfortable. They have gone through the wash and dryer and not changed in size.

Highly recommend for their comfort. They do fit a bit larger than other brands so please keep that in mind. If you are in the market for a tagless, looser fit cotton boxer brief that breathes then this style might fit the bill.
on May 10, 2017
This is the style of briefs I prefer, even though sometime they are hot in the summer. The waste band is non-irritant and the legs are long enough so they do not creep up. At first I thought they might not fit but when I tried them on they fit perfectly. My waist is about size 36" or smaller, if you have a larger waist size than 36" you might want to go larger but I think they will stretch very well too. Better to have them snug and stretch them out than way too big...

I will buy more soon.
on June 21, 2015
They're comfy, and I'm glad I bought them, but I am mad about the surprise colors. I ordered greys and blues but the pack also contained a bright blue and a questioning-my-sexuality red. The wife is not happy, so I guess neither am I.

Ordered another (3rd) pack because I really do like the fit. How's it hanging, left or right? Never mind. My junk sits on a shelf right in the middle! Genius. Once again surprised by the colors. This time I got shades of blue, without the dark green shown in the picture. But at least I didn't get the red, so I am happy. Still two stars off for random colors.
These are the only briefs my husband will wear. He says they don't bind, the legs don't roll up and they don't ride up when he's moving around. The cotton is soft and doesn't chafe or rub in inappropriate ways when the weather turns hot. I like that they survive the laundry with no drama in hot water - no shrinking.
on June 30, 2014
I have been wearing Hanes boxer briefs for years, but lately they seem to be more cheaply made than in the past. I've had to replace far more often than I used to and I'm not an overly physical person. I work at a desk and exercise about 3-4 times a week. I also wash on delicate, but somehow they're still getting beat up and worn out a lot sooner than in the past. Perhaps it's time to upgrade to a more expensive brand, the value will work out if I'm not replacing them so often.
on July 5, 2017
They do the trick! I don't really get the benefits of the "fresh iq", they just seem like normal underwear to me, and they retain the same amount of moisture as my original underwear did (I live in hot/humid Tennessee).

I like the tag being in the middle, so I know which way to put these on. Lastly, these fit just as I expected, no weird compression lines on my waist, etc.
on April 9, 2017
Like others have said, somewhere along the Hanes changed the construction of their Comfort Soft boxer-briefs. Older sets I have are thicker and more "luxurious" feeling, if you will. Also, the bands around the thighs are way tighter than before. Older sets I have fit comfortable and have extra elastic to spare. The new ones are maxed out and barely fit. No, I didn't get fatter.
on August 31, 2016
they fit my husband well but they're already showing signs of wear. They're underwear, it's not like he climbs trees in them. I don't wash them with jeans. There just cheaply made. The pairs he's had for 10 years look better than these.