Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon June 4, 2009
I bought 6 packs of these socks over a year ago. These Hanes classic crews socks are:

- Comfortable
Soft and generously padded, these socks provide comfort and protection for active feet. The elastic band around the feet and ankles are also firm (but not overly so) to keep the socks from slipping and the top from sagging.

- Absorbent
Apart from the Spandex, these socks are made with 100% cotton, which makes them very absorbent. I take an extra pair or two with me sometimes on a trip and change as often as is neccessary throughout the day to keep my feet dry.

- Durable
The toes and heel sections are reinforced. I've had mine for over a year now - I use these socks on my runs and hikes - no holes yet! These socks are very durable.

- Quality Socks
Their reinforced heel and toe look coupled with their generous padding make these socks look like they are the kind that are ridiculously expensive (such as these Tholos)! You're actually getting top-notch quality without having to spend an arm and leg for it.

Note: You will initially get some lint/fuzz accumulating on the socks (especially on the heels and toes) from the initial wear of the socks but these will stop after a few washings.

I'm very happy with my Hanes Classics Crew socks. Once my 6 pack / basket-full (6 packs x 6 = 36 pairs) of socks need to be replaced (which I trust will be a very long time from now), I'll buy these again to replace them. Get your "Hanes" on these socks! I think you'll be pretty happy with them!
on October 8, 2017
Great socks!
on February 22, 2012
Hanes seems to have redesigned the Classics socks to save costs because the quality has declined.

Firstly, the ankle/calf portion of the crew socks do not have the "ribs" as shown in the picture, which allow the socks to stay firmly and comfortably in place. Now they're rather thin like the cheaper, non-Classics socks.

Secondly, the foot portion of the sock used to be thick and soft, but these new Classics are noticeably thinner, again like the cheaper non-Classics socks.

I went to the local Kohl's to check out the Hanes Classics that they carried and they were also of this lower quality type... And for the same price.

So for all intents and purposes, the Classics socks seem to be a minimal improvement over the cheaper non-Classics socks.

The old Classics socks, I'd give five stars, these new ones? Only two.
on October 11, 2012
Hanes makes two kinds of cotton socks - the cheaper, more common version has the 'Hanes' lettering in red under the toe and these Classics have the lettering in gray. The Classics (gray lettering) are a little bit more expensive but much more comfortable - they are worth it! The cotton has a thicker, smoother feel and holds up better through washes. These do not suffer from the stretching, especially at the toe-seam, that the cheaper versions have. They run a little bit smaller and fit a bit more snugly than the cheaper ones, as well.
on March 21, 2011
I'm a 10 1/2 D, and these socks are a little on the snug side. I can still wear them, but if your an 11 or over, I would look elsewhere.

As far as the quality, the material is relatively thick, definitely thicker than a dress sock. They also seem well constructed. I don't imagine they will stretch out, or wear out any time soon.
I'm not exactly sure what "double reinforced" means, but the toe, and for that matter, the heel, appear to be identical in material and thickness to the rest of the sock. They may indeed be stronger, it's just not apparent.
However, for the price, this is a good, basic, athletic sock. They are thick, absorbent, and I believe they will hold up for some time.

So, a good deal for those size 10 1/2 and smaller ( I would say 10 if you don't like your socks on the snug side).
on February 27, 2011
Hanes used to sell a premium white cotton crew sock through Walmart and I've been trying to find something as good. I was hoping this "Classics" sock was it. Unfortunately, they run small so when you stretch them over your foot (I have a shoe size of 9.5-10) the thin material gets even thinner. And yes, they are 70-something percent cotton.

When balled up after being washed, you can see these socks have 70-80% less material than my old/worn Hanes socks.

I want a thick cotton sock and I'm willing to pay for it. Bye-bye Hanes.
on June 16, 2012
Seriously, they're socks. I can't get too excited about them for a review - the best part is that Amazon carries them and ships them straight to my house and I don't have to deal with "Walmart people" to get a decent pair of socks that don't cost an arm and a...foot.

The ones Walmart sell have red Hanes logo, these are gray/silver. I don't know what that means. Other than that, I can't really tell the difference other than these are new, and my other pair are old enough to be tossed.

Forklift upgrade to new!
on March 14, 2011
I have been buying Hanes underwear and socks for years and the quality has deteriiorated to the point where it is horrible in both now. The high ratings here must be from previous years. You can put your hand in these socks and almost see your fingers. Same is true for the underwear. It is amazing that Hanes could let their quality fall this much.
on May 30, 2013
just got a new pack in and it seems to be no longer made in the us... these were made in el salvador :(
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 12, 2012
My husband always received a pack of socks on Christmas since he was a child. I was always been appalled at this as Christmas was not the time to get SOCKS, it was for fun presents. But since Meemaw is no longer with us I am keeping up with tradition and putting these under the tree. Hanes, socks, what else is there to say? Plus it is the only present he has no idea what it could be.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.