Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,209 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,289 reviews
on April 21, 2013
The game these days is to reduce quality until the customer notices and stops buying your product. Hanes has officially crossed the line with this one.

I've worn their socks for a while and ordered the same thing I bought a couple years ago. Each sock weighs about 33% less, because they're much thinner than the old ones. And they're much less comfortable. Probably will wear out sooner, too.

I think I'm done with Hanes.
1515 comments| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2015
I've been buying Hane's Cushion Crew socks in black for years, buying a dozen or so every few years and getting rid of the damaged ones. The style has changed slightly with each round of socks, which i first thought was annoying but helped to match batches of socks after a laundry cycle. While the design changed slightly, I was satisfied with the quality each time, which prompted me to choose this brand over and over.
I was expecting the same quality when i placed my most recent order in April 2015, however, what i received were socks that were thinner than what i would expect to find at a dollar store. I was about to immediately return them but I ordered them because i needed socks, so i gave them a shot. They were less comfortable than the previous ones, mostly because you could feel the elastic threads instead of being protected by any sort of cushioning material. I wore a few pairs and dealt with it (and the week of black fuzz on my feet that accompanies a new set of socks, as another reviewer noted)
Then I washed them. They came out completely pilled and terrible looking. Since I also washed several generations worth of these socks in the same cycle, it was easy to see that this latest batch of socks is not up to the previous quality standards, see my attached photo.
I will be attempting to return these to Hanes, as I would rather go barefoot than wear these again.
on December 1, 2015
These are not the same socks as the last time I bought them. The last time I bought them, the had the red stitching on the toe and padded gray soles, like in the picture. The socks I received are thin and cheap. Zero padding. These are different socks than advertised and different from the ones I ordered before and have been very happy with. I'm very disappointed.
on March 30, 2016
I bought these socks in 2014, then re-ordered them in 2016 from the same listing. Sad to say they are different socks, and the quality and comfort are just not comparable. Be aware that the great five-star reviews you see are most likely for a different product. I've included a picture of one of my old socks above the new one. The old version is more comfortable. It's a higher proportion of cotton, and the sole and toes are constructed differently. The new sock is more cheaply made and scratchier on my feet. What bugs me is not just that the socks are poor quality, but that I was snookered by a lot of great reviews for a different item. And is it just me, or are a lot more sellers dumping cheap junk on Amazon these days? Maybe both Hanes and Amazon should be more protective of their brands.
on June 3, 2013
They are extremely thin! They have virtually no cushioning. I will be interested to see how they holdup in the future.
on February 23, 2016
Same as the others. I purchased these a few years ago and they were great. Very thick (perfect for winter), the fit was very comfortable and gave some nice soft cushioning.

The socks I got on this order didn't have the red stitching or extra cushioning like in the picture. They had silver stitching were very rough, thin and very tight around the foot and ankle and I'm not a big guy either. The socks are so tight that they make my foot smell after being in a dress shoe all day (I've been wearing dress shoes for 5 years everyday and never had a foot smelling issue).

One review has a picture of the sock difference. Those are the 2 different pairs that I have.
on January 9, 2016
These socks are not as they are advertised. I bought one pack in 2014 and it had cushion, extra layers and was thicker in general. Thinking that, I re-bought it at the end of 2015 and it is not the same. The quality is bad, looks and feels like ordinary white sock just dyed black, not as advertised and by doing a side-by-side comparison from my previous pair, its not what I expected. I should have paid attention to the negative reviews.
on December 8, 2014
I bought some Hanes socks that looked a lot like these from a store several months ago. They were great-- nice and soft and cushioned. I thought that this set was the exact same kind-- after all, they're black Hanes with the gray bottoms and red stripe on the toe. When I got them, though, I was a bit disappointed; it turns out they were not the same as the comfy socks I got before. The material is not nearly as soft and cushiony. I checked the package and that's when I noticed they're 19% polyester. I suspect that my other ones were close to 100% cotton.

If you don't mind stiff, scratchy socks, go ahead and get these. They function fine as basic socks. If you're looking for something a bit nicer and softer, find socks that are all cotton.
on April 20, 2016
To preface my review, it does not appear that I received the correct Hanes socks (I've attached a picture). I have owned the socks pictured in the product description before; those socks were well-stitched and high quality (You can tell they're not the same socks by the white stitching vs the red stitching in the product picture). In my opinion, these socks do not appear to be well-stitched (they also seem to run smaller in size vs the other ones). Additionally, even after washing them several times, the socks still shed a lot of material when you take them off; I do not anticipate these socks lasting very long and am very disappointed.
on March 22, 2013
First off they are size 6-12 like the picture. I figured the pic was generic and I would receive larger socks (10-13) like the name of the item indicates. On the package itself the store I bought them from had an inventory sticker that said 10-13-Grey. Strange.
Anyway I wear size 13 shoes and these socks fit me well enough if a tad snug at first. The elastic feels fine and my feet can breathe in them. The soles feel a bit thin though,They are listed as "Active Work Crew Sock" so I kinda figured they'd have a little more padding or more durable construction. They are actually just "Cushion Crew" like the picture. They aren't bad socks or anything, they are just standard size 6-12 Hanes crew socks, but grey.

Edit: They fixed the title of the item to reflect the correct size, so I figured I should bump my review up a star. BTW I've had these socks for months now and they have held up nicely. Although they were snug at first, after breaking them in they are quite comfortable.