Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,222 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,302 reviews
on March 13, 2017
So these are an update from a previous product. I purchased the black socks with red Hanes writing a few years ago. They were great. These seem much thinner than the previous sock. Not as thin as a dress sock, but clearly they dont seem as thick as the athletic socks I purchased previously and expected again. Although seeming thinner, the quality seems to be good.
on April 20, 2016
To preface my review, it does not appear that I received the correct Hanes socks (I've attached a picture). I have owned the socks pictured in the product description before; those socks were well-stitched and high quality (You can tell they're not the same socks by the white stitching vs the red stitching in the product picture). In my opinion, these socks do not appear to be well-stitched (they also seem to run smaller in size vs the other ones). Additionally, even after washing them several times, the socks still shed a lot of material when you take them off; I do not anticipate these socks lasting very long and am very disappointed.
review image
on March 22, 2013
First off they are size 6-12 like the picture. I figured the pic was generic and I would receive larger socks (10-13) like the name of the item indicates. On the package itself the store I bought them from had an inventory sticker that said 10-13-Grey. Strange.
Anyway I wear size 13 shoes and these socks fit me well enough if a tad snug at first. The elastic feels fine and my feet can breathe in them. The soles feel a bit thin though,They are listed as "Active Work Crew Sock" so I kinda figured they'd have a little more padding or more durable construction. They are actually just "Cushion Crew" like the picture. They aren't bad socks or anything, they are just standard size 6-12 Hanes crew socks, but grey.

Edit: They fixed the title of the item to reflect the correct size, so I figured I should bump my review up a star. BTW I've had these socks for months now and they have held up nicely. Although they were snug at first, after breaking them in they are quite comfortable.
on January 12, 2015
The product description says: 76% Cotton/22% Polyester.

But, the package actually says: 55% Polyester/41% Cotton.

I expected cotton socks, but the polyester feels like plastic and is very uncomfortable.
on September 20, 2016
Not what advertised. Black ones are 41% not 76% Cotton (or even 75% as the Grey ones), the texture seems very... I don't even know the right word to describe it... Weird, not natural. Sorry.
Will try to return
review image
on February 1, 2016
I ordered these socks about 3-4 years ago and was extremely pleased. I needed another set of socks so I found my old order and re-ordered the same exact sock. Or so I thought. So disappointed! The quality has dropped off dramatically. Not nearly as thick and comfortable as the old version of these socks.

Buyer beware!
on April 3, 2017
Very good gray sox. They seem to be the same as the ones I bought about 5 years ago, except cosmetic changes: the toe seam is now gray (does not show, if you wear them with sandals); the "Hanes" lettering on the sole is now red. You only see that when you wash them, so this change is either neutral or a plus, depending on perspective.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2013
The game these days is to reduce quality until the customer notices and stops buying your product. Hanes has officially crossed the line with this one.

I've worn their socks for a while and ordered the same thing I bought a couple years ago. Each sock weighs about 33% less, because they're much thinner than the old ones. And they're much less comfortable. Probably will wear out sooner, too.

I think I'm done with Hanes.
1515 comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2015
These socks are horrible. They are a newer blend and make your feet sweat and stink. I don't have a problem with smelly feet but with these socks I can catch whiffs of my feet with my SHOES ON! The only plus side is that they do fit better then the last blend. The last blend was so tight it took about three months of washing wearing them before they loosened up. They would squish my toes together to the point where it hurt and I had to take them off multiple times through out the day. The indentations the socks left on my lower leg were insane and I have skinny legs. The one size fits all is ridiculous. 6-12. Come on. Give me a break. I don't know why it's so hard for the manufacturer to figure this out. It's either breaths well but way to tight. I'm a 10.5 shoe. Or fits well but makes your feet sweat like crazy. They should go back to the other blend and offer two sizes. 6-9 and 9-12.
on June 3, 2017
One week and the socks already have holes. I threw away all of my old socks before I even opened this package so I would have all new socks and wouldn't have issues with holes in my socks for a while and low and behold one week later I have holes again. Bogus! Don't buy Hanes, buy Dickies!