BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by st vincent PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 6, 2017
My husband decided to try three top brands: Hanes, CYZ, and Fruit of the Loom. The photos show all three brands after washing and drying. My husband is 6' tall with a 32" waist and wears a "medium." He loves all three brands, but there are some differences.

SIMILARITIES
- All have pockets, button fly, and elastic waist band with drawstring tie.
- All three are very comfortable and fit according to specifications.
- All three have close to the same fabric weight, with minor variations.
- All three held up well in the wash (photos show one wash for each pair).
- The drawstring weight and form are actually about the same (the Fruit of the Loom drawstring is softer and gets a little scrunchier when washed).

DIFFERENCES
- The Fruit of the Loom seems to have the most substantial waist band and fly construction, followed by Hanes and CYZ. The CYZ also has smaller button and does not stay buttoned as well as the others. So, the fly is not as smooth on the CYZ as it is on the Hanes and Fruit of the Loom. However, my husband likes the CYZ pair for their light weight and comfort.
- The CYZ and Hanes are 60% cotton, 40% polyester, and the Fruit of the Looms are 100% cotton. However, the Fruit of the Loom bottoms did not shrink any more than the CYZ or Hanes after first washing and drying.

Overall, my husband is very happy with all three brands and "lives" in them when he's at home.
review image review image
on January 9, 2013
Alright, so if you're a skinny guy and you want some very lightweight and comfortable pants, these are what you want. If you are, like me, a large fellow with a body shape not popularized in catalogs or the media, you do not want these pants. They look like skinny jeans on me, and skinny jeans do NOT look good on me. My wife couldn't stop laughing, which was not my desired reaction.

The upside? They're stitched well, are super soft, lightweight, and even have pockets! Yes, pockets, so you can have your phone in your pocket while you walk around the house in comfort. They have a single button on the fly, so they won't gape open in an obscene manner.

All that being said, I would NOT leave my apartment in these pants, unless I wanted to end up being arrested for public indecency.

edit/update: Alright, I don't know what's going on, but I got a pair of XXL (thinking this might resolve some of the issues I had with my XL pair) and they are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT. Hanes must have redesigned these pants or something, because my new pair didn't pill up with fuzzies all over them, and they were HUGE. I mean, they are like full-on yoga pants. Maybe this is a design distinction between the XL and XXL sizes or something, I don't know, but my XL pair was like leggings, and my XXL pair is like wearing a pair of Andre the Giant's yoga pants. They're longer and the seat/groin/everywhere IS HUGE. Remember Pee Wee's Playhouse, that old show that was on Saturday mornings? When Pee Wee would pay in his giant underpants? Yeah, that's how much bigger my XXL pair were than my XL pair. Anyway, the fabric is nicer, the fit is much more like what I expect from "lounge" pants or "sleep" pants. In short, they made a vast improvement, and my guess is that all the sizing and fit stuff changed from one incarnation of these pants to the next.

I'd post before/after photos, but again -- I don't want to be jailed for public indecency.
2626 comments| 561 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2016
I bought medium in blue. My waist is 34. I'm 5'9" at 180lbs. The pants are about 10-12 inches too long. Great to keep my feet warm but bad when I walk around. The pockets stick out to the side like there is too much fabric. This provides an illusion of being the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. The crotch sags on itself and there is so much extra fabric between my waist and the beginning of the inseam, I could fit six people in there. These pants fit terribly. Seriously, Hanes?! I love their stuff and buy from them regularly. In fact I recently bought them in black. The black fit perfectly. But these pants.... Shew.
review image review image
on September 12, 2016
I'm 6' tall and weigh 16 stones. Usually XL is right for me. These run LAAAARRRRRRGGGGGEEEE. They are six to eight inches too long and someone with a 60" waist could easily wear them. I washed these pants in HOT water, dried on HIGH heat and they shrank about 5% (not much). I'm really not complaining... I'll sleep in them. However I recommend you order a size smaller than usual.
on January 23, 2017
I am 6'2" 34" inseam. The Medium fit well, had an inseam of almost 34". But after first wash (cold water, line dry) the pants shrunk to an inseam of 28" or so, rendering them useless. I do expect cotton pants to shrink, but not to this extent. Disappointed.
on July 20, 2017
quality product. runs a little short, has a drawstring though, so i recommend ordering a little larger than normal if your guy is like mine. He's a medium, but 6'4" so these were too short. I ended up snagging them for myself 5'8" and they fit like a glove. talk about a win for me! ;-)
on October 4, 2014
They're very soft and are just a touch stretchy. They feel like Jersey cotton. The pair I got was way too big, so you might want to buy a size smaller than you think you need. I bought another pair of "lounge pants" on here that were a different brand and got a large. The length was ok, but they were snug in the thighs as i have pretty big legs. I bought a large of these Hanes and they're enormous. They are 8-10 inches too long (granted I have a fairly short inseam at 29 inches, but you'd have to be 6'6" at least for these to be the right length), The waist band is super loose (I have a 34" waist) and I have to pull the drawstring tight to keep them on. I look like a kid wearing his dad's pants. I do love the pants, I'm just going to get a medium next time. They are super roomy, so I'm certain even a medium won't be snug on my thighs.
on August 26, 2017
These are good pajama pants, I have bought several pairs of these. They have pockets, they have a minimalist design, solid color. They are on the thinner and less warm end of the pajama pants spectrum, which is good for the summer.
on April 18, 2017
Nice pants for the summer. They are thin cotton, and I wonder how long they will hold up after washing. So far they are comfy and cool. It is nice that they are more of a straight leg than a wide leg, giving them a fitted style.
on March 24, 2017
I purchased 3 different brands of lounge pants and this brand (xl) was the best fix of them all. Nice room in the pockets hip area, and legs. I washed them, expecting the pants to shrink,but the did not. I'm ordering some more.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.