Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by morrisey STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 117 reviews(3 star). See all 1,565 reviews
on February 16, 2016
The first third of the movie, I thought it was completely stupid. Then I suddenly got into the characters and was laughing out loud at a lot of the scenes. So overall I thought it was good once you got into it.
2 helpful votes
on March 26, 2017
Ok
on July 31, 2017
The labels on the DVD's are reversed. I thought i was watching the unrated version and turns out I was watching the theatrical version the whole time.
on January 10, 2010
I'm not sure how a couple of scenes in this flick made it past the sensors . . . even I thought a couple of the sex scenes were off colour and of bad taste (without a X rating).

However, even the stuff in bad taste followed plot, IMO, and the script was funny with passable performances by the cast. The script was also original although I thought that it may be a bad remake of "Bad Things," which it turned out not to be.

Overall, I would recommend this to most anyone . . . except, and this is a big exception, for those who would object to extremely off colour and potentially offensive sexual content. The language is actually not that bad . . . although there is a fair amount of four letter words . . . but nothing close to some of the gratuitous cursing in some films.

Have fun.
on August 25, 2015
We purchased 6 movies. 5 of the 6 make a terrible "static" noise. We changed DVD players, cords, and TV's. Only Horrible Boss was fine on all our TV's and DVD players. All the Hangover movies, Heart Break Kid, and Hal Pass make the noise. Not sure why???
on December 5, 2011
I am not reviewing Hangover, but complaining that Amazon online videos rents it under the guise of Hangover II. Be very careful!!! I hope its just a mistake, but who knows.

Hangover , by the way, is pretty funny for a low budget film. Some excesses and plot lapses, but those are minimal given the farcical and explosive nature of the film. Be careful who you invite to your stag party (assuming you even want one). I am rating Hangover a 3 star so that I do not skew th rating system despite having been screwed by Amazon.
on January 31, 2010
After all the hype and critical praise for this movie, I expected to laugh through much of this movie. I didn't. There were some funny scenes and lines, but it was seldom more than enough to make me chuckle. I didn't really sympathize with the main characters much. While I sometimes enjoy sophomoric humor, such as "American Pie", I really didn't find much of the sophomoric humor here to be truly funny. The "gag reel" included as an extra made me laugh harder than the movie itself.

Doug is about to be married so he goes on a road trip to Las Vegas with his soon-to-be brother-in-law Alan and best friends Phil and Stu. Alan is described as everything from weird to dumb by his family and strangers alike; I found him to be the only really entertaining character in the bunch. Phil is a teacher with a wife and kid who hates his life and is looking to let it all out on the road trip. After seeing his wife and son later in the movie, I didn't understand why he would be so unhappy. Stu is a dentist who's about to propose his girlfriend despite the fact she doesn't seem to know the real him, tries to control his life, and cheated on him.

The boys plan for one wild night in Vegas and get more than they planned for. Alan, Phil, and Stu wake up in their expensive hotel suite to find Doug is missing, Stu is missing a tooth, and there's a tiger in the bathroom and a baby in the closet. In order to find Doug in time for the wedding the following day, they try to retrace their steps during the night none of them can remember. Soon they discover one of them got married to a stripper, who is played by Heather Graham and who seems to be a better character than most of the others. In the end, they get involved with the police, an Asian mafia-type after some money, and Mike Tyson.

Somehow it sounds funnier than it actually ends up being. Yes, there were some funny lines, but there was also more than a fair share of jokes and insults more suitable to a high school. I've never been the type who wanted to spend a raucous night in Vegas like they did, so I can't sympathize much. The characters come across mostly as stupid and immature, deserving of what happens to them. At the same time, I didn't get all that much pleasure out of seeing what was done to them. Some of the funniest parts of the movie were a couple songs, especially Stu's song at the piano while they waited for the tiger to fall asleep. Alan (Zach Galifianakis) is still the funniest character and was probably given the best lines. It is good to see Zach Galifianakis get some recognition, he deserves it. Overall, the movie was funny at times but ultimately I was left disappointed and wondering what all the hype is about.
2 helpful votes
on February 16, 2015
some prtetty funny scenes in this movie. I could of done without all the profanity. It would have been much better.
I hate enduring all the profanity to see a movie that could of done without
on December 28, 2012
I paid extra for supposedly because it had exclusive scenes and is my sons favorite movie -but he watched it and said there was no difference and that this version left out some really great scenes from the regular movie - so mistake on my part I guess - should have saved some money and just ordered regular version.
on March 18, 2016
It's not that funny when you've already heard all of the jokes before seeing it