Hanna Instruments HI 98103B Beer pH Tester, with Replaceable Electrode
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Manual two-point calibration for increased control and accuracy; instructions manual provided with this item
- Replaceable electrode to prolong life of meter
- Provides pH readings from 0.00 to 14.00 pH (+ or - 0.2), with a resolution of 0.01 pH
- Two 1.5V batteries (included) provide approximately 3,000 hours of continuous use
- Measures 66 x 50 x 25 mm/2.6 x 2.0 x 1.0 inches (H x W x D) for holding in one hand
Specifications for this item
|Brand Name||Hanna Instruments|
|Item Weight||1.00 pounds|
|Number of Items||1|
|Part Number||HI 98103B|
|Range||0 to 14 pH|
|Size||With Replaceable Electrode|
The Hanna Instruments HI 98103B is a hand-held pH meter with manual two-point calibration, a replaceable electrode, and an LCD screen. The meter provides readings from 0.00 to 14.00 pH (+ or - 0.2), with a resolution of 0.01 pH. It is designed for beer and beverage making, but can be used for other applications; it is an alternative to litmus paper.
The HI 98103B operates from 0 to 50 degrees C (32 to 122 degrees F) with maximum relative humidity (RH) of 95%. The HI 1270 electrode is replaceable to prolong the life of the meter. Two 1.5V batteries are included, and provide approximately 3,000 hours of continuous use. The meter measures 66 x 50 x 25 mm/2.6 x 2.0 x 1.0 inches (H x W x D) and weighs 50 g (1.8 oz.). (H is the vertical distance from lowest to highest point; W is the horizontal distance from left to right; D is the horizontal distance from front to back.) Buffer solutions (4.01, 7.01, and 10.01 pH), storage solution (HI 70300M), and replacement electrode (HI 1270) are sold separately.
A pH meter, also called a sensor or tester, is a device used to measure the acidity or alkalinity of a substance. A pH meter has either a portable or a benchtop body. Many portable meters are handheld devices. Some testers have an internal sensor, and may have a tip and body that fit inside of a container for measurement. A meter is commonly used in many different environments from laboratories to field research and manufacturing facilities. Researchers, manufacturers, and hobbyists use a pH meter in aquaculture, agricultural, wine-making, and water-testing, and for scientific applications. Some pH meters may measure additional parameters such as dissolved oxygen (DO), conductivity (also called electro-conductivity or EC), temperature, total dissolved solids (TDS), salinity, resistivity, or oxygen reduction potential (ORP)/mV.
Hanna Instruments manufactures analytical instrumentation and supplies, including pH meters, electrodes, chemical reagents, and buffer solutions. The company, founded in 1978 and headquartered in Woonsocket, RI, meets International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 standards.
What’s in the Box?
- HI 98103B meter
- HI 1270 pH electrode
- Two 1.5V batteries
User Manual [PDF 204kb]
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 50 x 50 x 50 inches; 1 Pounds
- Item model number : HI98103B
- Batteries : 1 CR2 batteries required. (included)
- Date First Available : March 20, 2008
- Manufacturer : Hanna Instruments
- ASIN : B003IKNJPW
Best Sellers Rank:
#253,514 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
- #2,354 in Substance Analysis Instrumentation
- Customer Reviews: