Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Foo Fighters PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on June 13, 2012
DO NOT PURCHASE, I recently bought this monitor for normal house use. at first the monitor worked fine, the picture was ok but the sound was not all that great, not a month passed when my monitor broke. I would turn on the monitor and would get audio but no video.
I reported this to the Hannspree customer service department and let me tell you that IT IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EXPERIENCE AND SEEN! I have worked in the costumer service industry for quite sometime now and Hannspree should be a shame for having such an incompetent staff.
It's been almost a month now since a reported my monitor broken and still no progress has been made, they have found every excuse possible to not take care of the issue. The staff is incompetent and one of them even gave me attitude. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO STAY AWAY FROM HANNSPREE COMPANY ALL TOGETHER. also you should know they expect you to pay the shipping for sending the monitor even when it has not been a month since it's been purchased.
on January 30, 2010
Pros: Excellant OTA HD picture using garage attic antenna via splitter. This is a 1080p picture capability (not 720p of most LCD's this size). The 1080p capability is better than being broadcast OTA. You will only see the 1080p quality from an HDMI attached DVD player. The 28" screen is noticeably larger than 26", but fits where a 32" will not. It has good Composite picture from my security cameras. Sound is better than average for internal speakers in an LCD TV. I haven't used the PC input so can't comment on that.

Cons: Picture is 16 x 10 not the standard 16 x 9, so images are slightly stretched vertically. Input switching is slow. Channel changing by number is tedious because you must use the - 1 or 2 to get the correct OTA HD channel (ie 11-1, not 11). Up/down channel goes right to them.

Overall: A good buy at a reasonable price for a quality picture and good reliability (so far).
on April 30, 2010
OK, so I'd never heard of Hanspree and I was on a tear to get a Monitor/TV as big if not bigger than the one I had before, which was 27". Don't ask why I can't just go smaller. I like to look of the unit. The big sell for me was HDMI and component connections so I could have the cable TV, computer, Wii and PlayStation all hooked up at the same time and would only have to switch the input to move from one to the other. For that reason...this is a great unit! Also, the full 1080P was important...so many TVs are being sold at 7..that's what my other one was, and I couldn't make video DVDs using a particular software that I won't mention. I'm a little disappointed with the actual look of the higher resolution - the words get a little grainy, but I've read another review here and maybe gotten a tip to help me with that. Overall, for the price, its a good buy. I recommend it.
on September 2, 2009
I confess to a degree of suspicion when I saw the oddball size -- EXACTLY what I needed -- and the low price point, but with Amazon's return policy figured I'd at least give it a shot. It's in my home office and I watch it from a viewing distance of about seven feet.

Great picture, great sound, great value! The perfect TV for my home office. I highly recommend this LCD HDTV. Thank you!
on February 1, 2010
I purchased this TV as a replacement for another brand. Not knowing the Hannspree name, I was reluctant to purchase it. I read other customer reviews and after careful consideration, I decided to order it. I am so glad that I did. The picture and sound quality is excellent and the remote control is not complicated to use. I will purchase another one when our bedroom TV has to be replaced. Any one considering purchasing a 28 inch flat screen 1080p TV should really try this one. You will NOT be disappointed.
on January 8, 2010
I was in the market for a small 1080I TV that was in the 24" to 26" range. The prices I found were a bit over the top and I decided to go online and search for a TV. I found this product which was on sale for far less the the ones I had looked at and it was a 28" which was perfect for the small office space I have in my home. I would recommend this product to all as it has gone beyond what I wanted or hoped for.

Thank you.
Philip T. Hunt Jr.
on January 19, 2013
worth the price ie. cheap. unless you are going high end buy the cjeapest you can find, they are inter changable. If it lasts l4 yeare I will be happy. PRICE RULES, PRICE RULES, PRICE RULES, PRICE RULES, PRICE RULES, PRICE RULES, PRICE RULES, PRICE RULES, Spend some time looking for sales and than bargain. It will save you lotes of money.
on August 7, 2014
We are loving this TV! We were limited to space and this fit in just great and has been excellent thus far!
on November 9, 2009
This is a great TV and the price is incredible. 1080p, wall-mountable, great picture and good hookups. The sound quality is acceptable, but not bad for builtin speakers; you will want some kind of audio system if possible. Also, the remote is fairly worthless if you want to control anything more than the TV; it's hardly universal.

Set turns on a little slow, but once on the HDMI inputs respond a little faster than many TVs. There is an audio input to use with the VGA port, and it's great. We don't have a DVR and rarely watch live TV, so we stream the shows from a macbook with no problems. The picture quality using the VGA port is extremely good.
on June 9, 2010
Will never buy a normal PC monitor again. The 1080p makes the resolution top notch. And will not have to buy dual monitor support for a PC. Only a 32 inch might be better, but for the price this is as good as it gets.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.