CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $0.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Hape String Along Shapes Wooden Block Toddler Lacing Toy
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Modern twist of a classic lacing toy
- Take these blocks to sort and lace by color, pattern, and shape
- Develops motor skills and stimulates imagination
- Recommended for ages 3 years and up
- Non-toxic finishes and child safe materials
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Imagination will run wild with this best-selling, updated take on the classic lacing toy! The String-Along Shapes Block Lacing Set from Hape is full of bright colors and whimsical patterns to provide children hours of entertainment. Create a train, caterpillar, or tower - the possibilities for play are endless. Encourages creative thinking and the development of fine motor skills as kids slide the colorful blocks along the strings. Made with wood sourced from environmentally sustainable forests. Durable child-safe paint finish and solid wood construction make this a toy your child will love for years to come. Hape toys stimulate children through very stage of development and help nurture and develop their natural abilities. All Hape products sold in North America meet or exceed all applicable safety standards.
Top Customer Reviews
1. The shapes/beads are slightly larger than a medium sized binder clip. They would not pass the "paper roll" test as they would pass through easily, but they are quite large that I had no worries about my son swallowing them.
2. The colors are bright and vivid. There are five colors total. Red, blue, green, orange, and yellow.
3. There are seven multiple shapes. Square, triangle, circle, rectangle, sphere, cylinder, and half/semi-circle.
4. There are two lacing strings (red and blue) so that more than one child can play with them at a time. There's more than enough beads to share on each string. In other words, you can fill up both strings with the amount of beads you receive.
5. The durability of the paint on the beads is fantastic, which is why I keep coming back to Hape products. They rarely chip. My son is very hard on his toys. If you thought two was terrible wait until your little one hits three! None of these have any chips in the paint and the colors are still vibrant after over a year since I purchased them.
1. The lacing strings are short. Sometimes, you just want to put all the beads on string. Just ask my 3 year old. It can't be done because the strings are too short for that. I understand that this is probably for safety, but still we just wish it was slightly longer. There are lacing cards with longer pieces of string!
2. There is nothing at one end to keep the beads from slipping off. You would have to make a giant knot, which shortens the already short lacing string. A little stopper of some sort would be nice.
3. Lack of a storage container/bag/facility. This is where Hape fails most of the time. I would like a little cloth bag to store these in. Of all the Hape toys I've purchased over three years, only one set of blocks came with a little bag to store them in. All other blocks or toys with many small loose parts just come in the box. I simply do not have room in my house for all the boxes! Especially for how much money these cost, put a bag in it!
I would highly recommend these for a toddler. We've pretended the beads are a snake, food when playing in the play kitchen, or rocks when playing with trucks at "the construction site." I don't home school, but I do work (play) with my son daily on his development and these have been a huge help. Truly can't go wrong with these.
I took another reviewer's recommendation to tie one of the blocks to the end of each string to keep them from sliding off. Definitely necessary for this age group. My daughter loves to carry around her completed string creation. My only request would be that Hape provides a small box, bag or other carrying case to keep them contained. Luckily we have plenty lying around, but one with a picture of the blocks on the outside would be great.
I was a little concerned about the size of the smaller pieces (pictures), but he didn't try to put them in his mouth... the box indicate as target age 3+, so better be safe, I will keep observing him closely while playing with it.
It has vibrant colors and different shapes, but in my opinion the lacing strings could be longer, and also have some sort of stopper to prevent the pieces falling down.