Happily Never After 2
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
- The animation is terrible. It's extremely awkward to watch the badly-rendered characters move so unnaturally. Think early version of the Sims or worse.
- The content is garbage. Snow White is a spoiled brat for most of the movie. The evil stepmother's apple causes Snow White to spew mean gossip about everyone in her kingdom (a boring, petty, and anti-climactic alternative to the poisonous apples in other versions of Snow White). She learns how to treat others kindly, but that transformation happens in 5 minutes of screentime, and I'm still stuck on the previous 60 unbearable minutes of her brattiness.
- The soundtrack is bad mainstream pop/hip-hop that's incredibly cringe-inducing.
- The frequent usage of the slang term, "holla" is also cringeworthy.
- It's relatively short compared to better-quality animated films, so you don't have to suffer for too long.
- Avoid this movie. I suggest Wall-e, Up, Toy Story 3... ANYTHING ELSE REALLY if you're looking for a computer-animated film for the whole family to enjoy.
And you thought Disney direct-to-video sequels were bad.
So what possessed me to pick up Happily N'ever After 2: Snow White: Another Bite @ the Apple? Curiosity, I suppose. I wanted to see how bad it was and I went into it expecting a bad movie. I wasn't disappointed. It features sub-par animation that looks like it was taken from a Nintendo64 game; forgettable music; and horrendously predictable writing that tags every cliché.
And I enjoyed every minute of it, because, unlike Ratatooing, Happily N'ever After 2 actually makes it into the so-bad-it's-good category.
It's the story of Snow White ... with a twist! Snow White's mother is loved by all. We are told this numerous times throughout the first four minutes of the movie. We are also given the greatest line of dialogue ever written. "Mother, why does everyone love the Queen so much?" "Because she is beautiful." There you have it, folks. People will love you if you're beautiful. But wait! It gets better! "Am I beautiful?" "Uh..." It's brilliant!
So the Queen--who apparently sleeps in her clothes, probably due to the high cost of modeling new ones--dies of Incurable Cough of Death. Flash forward "many years later..." and Snow White is an adult. Apparently there were huge but inconsistent strides made in technology during that time because people now have cameras and cell phones that project holograms, but they still use horses and carriages to get around.Read more ›
Story and dialogue is inane and could have been written by a 8 year old. All of the originality of the first is lost in the repetitive valley girl/cool kid blabbering of snow white and her friends. In addition, the "story line" if I dare call it that is a complete remake of the "tip the scales by the wizard's minions" of the first movie but the minions have completely lost their charm and wit. There is of course the nice wholesome message of the spoiled privileged royalty looking down their noses at the poor lower class and snow white's inevitable redemption but it is so "in your face" that it is best suited to a toddler or a bright golden retriever. In all fairness, the kids gave it 3 stars but I dropped it here so you won't have to suffer this more than your one time rental.
Animation is very grainy and looks absolutely horrible (Std. DVD/PS3/50 inch Pioneer Plasma.)Shrek/Nemo/etc this is not!
Rent it at REDBOX for $1 and if the kids are under 11 you might get your money's worth. Better yet rent BOLT instead.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Definitely not good, far from the first one. And the drawings are too computerized. Too girly too.Published 17 months ago by Mrs. Valerie Dachary-bru
My kids decided to re-watch all of the worst movies they had ever seen, and this one was at the top of their list. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Laura in Ohio