Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
VINE VOICEon February 19, 2011
I wasn't so sure about this book just based on the review. My mind was changed when I received the book and read the first few "chapters". Each section is actually an idea for activities that you and your spouse can do together. The best part is that most of the ideas don't require money. Some are pretty simple and are ideas that seem common enough that you might think, "Why didn't I think of that?". Others are a bit more involved and require a bit of prep. So far, the one I and my spouse have tried turned our very well - so-so weekends have become much more than couch surfing. We've been inspired to come up with our own versions of the ideas in the book. If you have ever read the "5 Love Languages", this book is a good way to put into practice what that book teaches.
on March 6, 2017
My husband and I have been reading a bit everyday. It provides a good starting point for discussions about hopes, dream and motivations.
on January 1, 2014
This is a really fun book. It is really cute and has some great suggestions in it. We really have enjoyed it.
on October 26, 2009
I've been searching for a book that can be revisited throughout the course of a healthy relationship, one we can both read as a couple to remind us of what we have and to help us stay the course of our loving committment to each other. AT LAST! I'VE FOUND IT. This book is excellent. Superbly written. Thank you for such a wonderful gift!
"Happiness for two should be a daring adventure." ~ pg. 81

If you have been in a relationship for over ten years and are fairly happy then this book may serve as a reminder of all the things you are doing correctly. If on the other hand you find yourself in constant conflict with your lover than this book may have lots to offer.

The ideas in this book are very practical. Things like giving each other enough space and learning to cook together are easy to accomplish.

Within this book are 75 short essays dealing with each topic presented. Some of the topics include:

Assuming More Responsibility at Home
Criticize with Kindness
How to avoid Awkward Surprises
Explore Your Spirituality
Work Daily on Your Character (a list of 119 ideas is included)
It's Okay to Agree to Disagree
Write Love Notes
Establish Your Own Rituals and Traditions

Alexander Stoddard is totally in love with her husband Peter so expect her to talk a lot about him. If you are in relationship that isn't as "perfect" as theirs then it might make you cringe or feel jealous each time you read about it. On the other hand if you can be a little more open minded about the subject then you may find the book to be rather cozy.

In the end I think this book is mainly about being kind to your partner. Also, if you love collecting quotes this book is filled with many original ideas. You may also find Alexander's book recommendations to be of interest.

~The Rebecca Review
on November 13, 2008
This is a great book for anyone looking to improve their relationship with their spouse/partner. I highly recommend it. I especially liked the first chapter on treasuring every moment. It will make you think how much your spouse means to you when you really realize they will die on you someday.
on April 13, 2013
I must preface this review by humbly admitting that one of the biggest reasons why I enjoy an enduring and loving nine year marriage is due to both spiritual good luck and the fact that my husband is both patient and unconditionally loving to me. Additionally, we both support and stand by each other through both good and challenging times. As a result, I have full faith and trust that we are going to enjoy a loving and lasting marriage for the rest of our current lifetimes on earth. With all that said, I obtained "Happiness For Two: 75 Secrets For Finding More Joy Together" by Alexandra Stoddard as more of a way to add to my already blessed marriage. "Encourage Each Other To Do Something Every Day That Will Boost Happiness", "Allow Each Other For Freedom and Contemplation" and "Encouraging Self Expression", are among some of the multiple helpful tidbits in Stoddard's guide. "Happiness For Two": 75 Secrets For Finding More Joy Together" by Alexandra Stoddard is a great book for those who are married and/or in a romantic partnership.
on January 3, 2014
I enjoy a great book that allows me to better myself and those I card most about. When purchasing this book I was truly looking for some aha movements, perhaps m maybe even some personal stories. All of th is lacking in this book. This book has some great quotes and interesting components to live by, but makes me feel like I will never be adequate enough to meet half of what the author is suggesting. I liked many of the rules to live by and lists provided within the boos, but missed the way to live happily together in the "real" world of kids, jobs and errands.
on September 27, 2010
Excellent book for helping to understand relationships, how to improve yourself & your relationships of all kinds.
VINE VOICEon January 19, 2012
I'm not generally a big fan of Self Help books but this one is unusually straightforward, simple, and full of good, thoughtful advice. Relationships are made of little things piled up. Recommended. Would make a nice V day gift.