Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 30, 2016
I bought this to put in my daughter's Easter Basket (shes 4). I bought it thinking it was similar to the other story line...of giving a mouse a cookie, and then seeing the chain of events afterwards. But this is not that. It's just the same mouse, but that's it. Maybe it says that on the description, but I didn't see it. My daughter still enjoyed the book. It was just a short read...So just so others are aware...if you're expecting that storyline, this is not the same. But it was great for her basket and we've already read it 10 times (so she must like it). =)
25 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
My 2 1/2 year old twins love the Mouse books and when I saw this book, I had to get it. It's perfect for young children because it has a simple and easy to follow storyline. The board book is great because it's sturdy and should withstand the toddler years. I like the story because it combines an Easter egg hunt with colors and counting. Each page has one or two sentences and points out a different color and number of eggs. I highly recommend this book to any Mouse fan!
24 people found this helpful
on May 2, 2016
My toddler (almost 2 yr old boy) is really into books and this one is his newest favorite. I always have to read it at least twice in a row!
It is a well made board book with nice pictures and colors. It's not too busy but very detailed. And there is a nice surprise at the end when we discover just WHO has been hiding these eggs all over the house! haha
9 people found this helpful
on May 28, 2017
Cute book to address numbers and colors. Detailed illustrations though some parts of drawings are recycled from other mouse books. My kids enjoyed this sturdy board book.

I rely heavily on Amazon reviews when making purchases so I try to be as forthright and thorough as possible. If you found this review helpful, please indicate so below.
6 people found this helpful
on April 11, 2017
This is not written the way most of the other mouse/moose etc. books are written. He basically finds different numbers of different colored eggs. Its probably a cuter book for 2 year olds but my 4 year old was disappointed with the lack of silly shenanigans that the mouse usually gets into. Just a heads up in case anyone is buying it for the reason I wanted it. But overall it is still a cute,basic book for little kids/toddlers.
3 people found this helpful
on March 22, 2018
I love the mouse books, so this was an easy decision when Easter came around. But, this particular mouse story lacks the charm and wit of the other stories. It's the same character, but a very short read that mostly focuses on colors and counting. It's seems like an attempt to make an "Easter" purchase option without putting much effort into any story line. It's fine, and the illustrations are cute, but for me it's a "borrow" book, not a "must buy" book.
One person found this helpful
on March 14, 2017
My 6 month old loves these mouse books! We've been getting him one for every holiday. They are so cute! (And not too many words, some longer books he gets bored with before we can finish. But these are perfect!)
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
This book was an Easter gift for our toddler. While she liked the simplicity of the story, it is lacking compared to the If You Give a ___ a ___ books. The story follows mouse around the house finding eggs. Each page has a larger amount of eggs and there is a clue as to who left them (bunny ears sticking out from the sides of pages, which is cute and part of what our daughter loved). It would probably be better for a younger age. But to be fair our almost 3 year old likes it, the 4 star review is more from me.
on August 4, 2016
This book is more of a picture book then a story really. That being said, babies do like to look at stuff! I got this for my nephew and I am sure he enjoyed it... I can't be sure as he doesn't talk yet :p

Now this isn't no If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, from when I was a lil kid but hey I think it's worth the money to get your kid/relative!
3 people found this helpful
on April 29, 2018
I was hoping this would have the same cause and effect or similar story line as the rest of the books. We own give a moose a muffin, give a mouse a cookie, a pig a pancake, etc and those are all great but this is just about the eggs the mouse finds and what colors they are. Not what I was hoping for. My son loves reading the other books. bu this author, but not so much this book.