Happy Feet (HD DVD/DVD Combo)
• IMPORTANT NOTICE: This two-sided HD DVD combo disc will only play in high definition with an HD DVD player. It will play in standard definition with a DVD player or Blu-ray player.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
In the great nation of Emperor Penguins, deep in Antarctica, you're nobody unless you can sing - which is unfortunate for Mumble (ELIJAH WOOD), who is the worst singer in the world. He is born dancing to his own tune...tap dancing. As fate would have it, his one friend, Gloria (BRITTANY MURPHY), happens to be the best singer around. Mumble and Gloria have a connection from the moment they hatch, but she struggles with his strange "hippity- hoppity" ways. Away from home for the first time, Mumble meets a posse of decidedly un-Emperor-like penguins - the Adelie Amigos. Led by Ramon (ROBIN WILLIAMS), the Adelies instantly embrace Mumble's cool dance moves and invite him to party with them. In Adelie Land, Mumble seeks the counsel of Lovelace the Guru (also voiced by ROBIN WILLIAMS), a crazy-feathered Rockhopper penguin who will answer any of life's questions for the price of a pebble. Together with Lovelace and the Amigos, Mumble sets out across vast landscapes and, after some epic encounters, proves that by being true to yourself, you can make all the difference in the world.
For anyone who thought the Oscar-winning documentary March of the Penguins was the most marvelous cinematic moment for these nomads of the south, you haven't seen nothing yet. Happy Feet is an animated wonder about a penguin named Mumble who can't sing, but can dance up a storm. George Miller, the driving force behind the Babe (and Mad Max) movies, takes another creative step in family entertainment with this big, beautiful, music-fueled film that will have kids and their parents dancing in the streets. From his first moment alive, Mumble (voiced Elijah Woods) feels the beat and can't stop dancing. Unfortunately, emperor penguins are all about finding their own heart song, and the dancing youngster--as cute as he is--is a misfit. Luckily, he bumps into little blue penguins and a Spanish-infused group (led by Robin Williams) and begins a series of adventures. Miller has an exceptional variety of entertainment: Busby Berkley musical numbers, amusement-park thrills, exciting chase sequences (seals and orca lovers might like think otherwise), and even an environmental message that doesn't weigh you down. Best of all, you don't know where the movie is going in the last act, a rare occurrence these days in family entertainment. A fusion of rock songs, mashed-up and otherwise, are featured; this movie is as much a musical as a comedy. Mumble's solo dance to a new version of Stevie Wonder's "I Wish" by Fantasia, Patti, and Yolanda may be the most joyful moment on camera in 2006. --Doug Thomas
More Happy Feet
Other DVDs and products
More Penguin DVDs
- English Dolby Surround EX 5.1, English Dolby Surround 5.1 MLP, Francais (Q) Dolby Surround EX 5.1, Latin Spanish 5.1 EX
- Two new fully animated sequences: Mumble Meets a Blue Whale, A Happy Feet Moment
- Private dance lesson with Savion Glover
- Two music videos: Gia's Hit Me Up, Prince's The Song of the Heart
- Classic cartoon: I Love to Singa
- Happy Feet TM & (C) 2007 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
ON SO MANY LEVELS. BEAUTIFUL MOVIE.
I WILL WATCH IT MANY TIMES FOR THE PURE JOY!
Also the environmental message is strong as well.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Educational
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > HD DVD
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Kids & Family