Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 572 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 652 reviews
on January 31, 2016
This book is really cute! I bought this for a friend who has two children, one is 5 and just mastered sounding out words, the other is about to turn 2! The illustrations are really cute and the book is nice and sturdy. The pages are pretty thick, and since her two year old likes to destroy things I always look for books that would be difficult to pull to pieces! It got here quickly and safely. I think they're really going to enjoy this, and if they do, I'll definitely be back for more!
on February 12, 2017
I've been reading this book to my child since almost birth. It helped in teaching her about animals when she was younger. Now that she is a toddler, we can talk about emotions.

Sandra Boynton is a wonderful writer. Many of her books have themes about counting, animals, dancing, routines (waking up, going to bed). I especially like this book because it helps remind us, especially us parents, that feelings are passing and support is always there. It's a great message for kids prone to dramatic emotions or flustered parents. Highly recommend Sandra Boynton but especially this one!
on March 7, 2016
Sweet little feelings book. I think it will be a wonderful book to use/read when my little girl is not in the best mood and as she gets bigger may even help her to express her feelings. Love how it gently explains the way people can be sometimes and that its ok to have a bad day and tomorrow will be different.
on April 12, 2015
we have most of Boynton's books, and this is one that quote all the time to my 7 month old. I say, "are you happy as a hippo? Or angry as a duck?" It never gets old!!
on July 13, 2017
Sandra Boynton writes, hands down, my favorite children's books. I learned about them when our school librarian bought a couple for my daughter. Her illustrations are adorable and her stories are too! Barnyard Dance is my favorite,but I won almost all of them. Some are educational (Opposites) and some are just fun (Dinosaur Dance). I have also bought these as gifts and everyone absolutely adores them. If you are looking for a short, fun book for a little kid, get one of these. They might not be complex enough to hold the attention of older kids though (but I don't know because I don't have any older kids).
on July 25, 2016
I am a former special education teacher with my Master's in Literacy grades 1-6. I love Sandra Boynton's books. They are adorable, fun to read and most importantly child approved. I've given her books as gifts as well and the parents have loved them. They are definitely geared toward children below 3 I would say, but that would depend on the child as well.
As a mom and teacher I highly recommend these books.
on June 1, 2014
I was searching for a little book to better illustrate different mood and feelings to our 3-year old daughter.
I had not idea what was available for that particular age group and the search unfortunately didn't return many hits.
One of the hits was this little book and I had no expectations, but since the price was so affordable I was willing to give it a try.
Man was I lucky I did. Or daughter loves this little books as it contains so many rhymes and they always make her laugh.
She also likes the drawings, which are actually pretty cute. Not sure whether she understands all the moods yet, but we're working it.....
on January 16, 2017
These board books are perfect as a child's first books. They are sturdy and made well. It goes without saying that the Boynton books are a cut above. I've always loved her illustrations and the stories are classics. I'm trying to load up my little nephews with her books because I know eventually they'll spend all their time on iPhones, so may as well try to cultivate good reading habits now!
on November 28, 2016
This book is great. Short and sweet for those nights when you're feeling like a failure as a mom for not giving your baby Einstein a book about a gluten free spelling bee because if you don't read to him constanly at 4 months he'll grow up to be a failure. You're welcome moms, this is a quick one that curbs your guilt! Now go get some rest!
on March 24, 2015
Our son--about 20 months now--is a big fan of this book. He doesn't get it, but he likes the drawings of the animals and their facial expressions. Once he's older, we look forward to talking about the message of this book--it's about emotions, and moods, and how these characteristics can change from day to day (hour to hour, minute to minute!) and that's okay. We like the thoughtful, positive message of this book a lot.