Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Happy Hippo, Angry Duck: A Book of Moods (Boynton on Board)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Board book|Change

on April 2, 2012
Sandra Boynton books in general are BRILLIANT for young children.
There are a few that I don't find as 'fun' as others, but this one is GREAT. It's a silly book about emotions, and it's so fun to read.
Its bound to make even the moodiest person laugh :)

Other Sandra Boynton books that are favorites of mine are:

But Not the Hippopotamus
Hippos Go Beserk
The Going to Bed Book
Moo Baa, La La La
Horns to Toes and in between

Her books are short, but catchy with rhyming words and silly pictures. They're easy to keep young kids attention spans, and as a mom, I thoroughly enjoy reading them. Some of them still crack me up every time I read them :)
They're worth the money in my opinion (if you pick the right ones) and being board books, they hold up pretty well in little, busy hands.
on June 4, 2011
We just got this board book for our 19 month old daughter. She loves it! I've probably read it 8 times already and she's still willing to hear it again. Odds are this will be one of her favorites.
on February 19, 2014
This book is a wonderful tool for understanding moods that children might find confusing. Giving parents and children a reading time experience with dialogue is an excellent first step in the child's understanding of self.
on January 2, 2012
Another great book from Sandra Boynton. We own all of Boynton's books and this is one of the best. New topic, great flow and funny ending. The favorites in our house are Moo, Baa, La La La, Belly Button Book, Pajama Time, The Going to Bed Book, Blue Hat, Green Hat and Doggies. Perfect for toddlers.
on March 7, 2016
Sweet little feelings book. I think it will be a wonderful book to use/read when my little girl is not in the best mood and as she gets bigger may even help her to express her feelings. Love how it gently explains the way people can be sometimes and that its ok to have a bad day and tomorrow will be different.
on April 12, 2015
we have most of Boynton's books, and this is one that quote all the time to my 7 month old. I say, "are you happy as a hippo? Or angry as a duck?" It never gets old!!
on January 31, 2016
This book is really cute! I bought this for a friend who has two children, one is 5 and just mastered sounding out words, the other is about to turn 2! The illustrations are really cute and the book is nice and sturdy. The pages are pretty thick, and since her two year old likes to destroy things I always look for books that would be difficult to pull to pieces! It got here quickly and safely. I think they're really going to enjoy this, and if they do, I'll definitely be back for more!
on August 27, 2011
This is a great board book! We got this for my 2 year old daughter. (She loves hippos.)

The size is perfect for little hands to open & turn pages independently.
It is very colorful with adorable drawings.
The words/ phrases do rhyme, but in a cute childlike wonder...
--- such as Excited as a dog ... Contented as a frog.
I love that it announces the mood and draws the mood to really reinforce it & visualize it for her.
I also love that it says moods change day to day.

Overall this is an adorable board book ... that won't have them bored. It opens lots of doors for conversations on moods and helps to teach them how to express themselves.
on July 18, 2011
5 stars! I bought this for a 2 year old when he became a big brother. It game him a way to identify the emotions that come along with a new situation, and the adults too!
on June 11, 2011
This book was bought for my grandson by his great aunt, he at two years old is trying to become a reader he loves books especially Sandra Boynton Books so when this book came to our door my grandson squealed with excitement . he loves it and repeats all of the feelings in the book and the pages are colorful and vivid. I would recommend this book to everyone with small children. the delivery came fast and there were no problems with anything. Dianne