Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 12, 2017
It said "Ring the Doorbell to hear your Happy Napper's Sleepy Sounds", but the roaring seemed too scary for the 1-year-old that we bought it for. The age range in the listing is given as 12 months, but the tag on the actual product is 3+.

12 months is likely too young, both for being able to switch the dragon around (into the castle) and the scariness of the roaring.
VINE VOICEon December 28, 2011
Kids couldn't wait to get this once they saw the commercial. I was quick to order it on Amazon since the price was great and it came with the FREE SUPER SAVER SHIPPING deal. I love that about Amazon. Unfortunately, both the kids and I were hugely disappointed in this product within minutes of opening the package. Not only was the entire thing flimsy and junky looking, but the stitching was so bad on the top of the dragon's castle that I was sewing two peaks before the end of the evening and this is before the kids even attempted to take a "nap" on it! The dragon is floppy and doesn't really stand up well to playing, and though the zipper compartment folds up easy enough for the kids to do it time and again, the toy is not fun at all and we are already considering packing it up for a refund (another thing I love about Amazon)!
So all in all, this is a SAVE YOUR MONEY review. Sorry, we wanted to love it, but it just didn't cut it with our kids.
on December 15, 2011
Words cannot express how this product disappointed me. I originally brought the pillow pet for my nephews and they loved it. My nephews saw the Happy Nappers commercial and asked me for it. I looked at the product online and thought I was getting a fluffy pillow with fluffy dragon inside. I was very wrong. The product was cheaply stitched and of bad quality. The dragon had no fluff at all. It just sits there lifeless. The pillow is more lumpy than fluffy. The sound box was ridiculous. It sounded like any regular Joe doing an interpretation of what a dragon might sound like.

Overall, I recommend that the viewers try a pillow pet instead. At least, they don't blatantly lie to the consumers. The Happy Nappers Dragon picture is no where close to accurate.
on January 24, 2012
The toy itself is super cute, but before I even opened the clear packaging I could see 4 different spots were the stitching was completely torn, exposing the stuffing. I plan to just re-sew and reinforce the stitching, which is kind of an inconvenience, but at the time of purchase I did only pay $9.00 (Christmas sale).

Also, the sound the "dragon" makes inside the castle is a bit off putting. It sounds more like an angry drunk man than it does a fierce dragon, but it is pretty comical, so I guess it serves its purpose.

Overall, you get what you pay for. Still a fun toy for my nephew that helps promote nap time, so his mom loves it too! But if you're looking for something super nice in quality, just stick with a pillow pet.
on January 31, 2017
I purchased this as a classroom supply for a project and it is absolutely adorable! Even my high school students got a big kick out of it!
review image
on January 4, 2012
My daughter has been wanting several of the happy nappers since the commercials starting playing over and over again during the Christmas season. I finally gave in and purchased the Happy Nappers Dragon at a great price on Amazon. He is absolutely adorable and has a button to press for a "doorbell", an added feature that my daughter loves. I do find it is too difficult for a small child to stuff the dragon back in his house and also, it is difficult for her to "restuff" the dragon when you take him out of his "castle". All in all tho, she loves this little dragon and he is a good nap time buddy.
on January 22, 2012
I brought this for my son for Christmas, and he loves it. Press the doorbell and the dragon roars, unzip him and transform him from the castle to the dragon and hes even more hilarious. He has his tongue sticking out which may deteer some peoples but my son likes it. He call it the gentle dragon, he even found that he can press the doorbell when he is in dragon form to make it even more fun for him.

Quality is great as long as your gentle with your toys, I have not experienced any ripping or loose threads as others have. everything is as it should be.
on January 8, 2012
My son is loving his Happy Napper. My 6 year old asked for it for Christmas and I wasn't quite sure what it was at first, but it is a stuffed dragon that converts into a pillow (the castle). The castle has a doorbell that sounds like a dragon roar when you push it. He loves to covert it to the pillow at night and then convert it back to the dragon in the morning. The pillow is not soft enough to sleep with, it's a quite bumpy for the dragon parts inside, but he still loves to sleep with it (not on it).
on September 7, 2012
The zipper broke after one day (it's a plastic zipper and you have a lot to stuff inside for the zipper to hold). The kids turned it from a castle to a dragon like 2 or 3 times.... now it has sat untouched for the last 9 months. Oh well, can't win them all. Seems cute, but not very comfy to lay on or snuggle with. More of a novelty gift with a catchy commercial. Decent toy I guess, but not one that my 3 kids had an interest in (ages 5-10).
on February 12, 2012
At christmas i bought two of these one had a small flaw to it so i wrote amazon and they sent me one it arrived the next day! my child never even knew there was something wrong with it so i didn't even have to return it untill i had exchanged them! they have been a great addition to bedtime and naptime and even playtime i would recomend these over pillow-pet as since we bought these my kids don't even care about the pillowpets. I would recommend these to anyone that has kids. And i'm sure ill be buying more! And i always check amazon before i go to the store can't beat the prices! i got these around christmas for under $12
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question