Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 101 reviews
on March 3, 2016
Let me start by saying we are Irish. We have on the average about 25-30 people at our house every St. Patrick's Day. The entire house is decorated, inside and out. We decorate a tree, every year, and the leprechauns leaves presents under it for the grand kids. We do garland, and a village, lots of balloons, pictures, lights, and even a hidden pot of gold (gold wrapped chocolate candies.) We always felt it was important to celebrate, our heritage, with our children, and friends, so this all started years ago, when my 4 kids were little. Now it has become even bigger and better, and being carried on with the next generation. I cook on the average about 25 pounds of corned beef and cabbage, with all the trimmings for the day. And of course the Green beer and green punch flows endlessly. Curious George, has always been a favorite for us and the grand kids, so when I ran across this book, needless to say I was ecstatic. This book is so cool, it covers all the basics for the holiday. Wearing of the green, trapping leprechauns, pot of gold hunt, Irish step dancing, luck of the 4 leaf clover, the traditional meal -corned beef and cabbage, and of course the St. Patty's day Parade. It is a perfect way to help explain the holiday to a young child. The illustrations, are bright and colorful. The text, is rhyming, and fun for the kids, I also like that it is a board book, the little ones can enjoy it, all they want, with no worries of damaging it.
on April 12, 2016
This book is different than the other holiday Curious George books - it divides each page into sections with a poem about that topic. Makes for a longer read, but you could also just do one tab at a time. Classic illustrations and a great addition to your St. Patrick's Day collection, especially since books for this holiday are hard to find!
review image review image review image
on May 14, 2014
This is the BEST series of childrens' books ever created.
The stories are well written and the artwork (the original artwork - not the later movie artwork) is absolutely excellent.
George is an immortal character and one which really should NEVER go out of print when so many generations of kids (and adults) so enjoy his adventures.
This St. Patricks' Day adventure is no different: informative, lovingly illustrated and a lot of fun.
It's also one of the rare books on this subject that doesn't mention drinking.
LONG LIVE CURIOUS GEORGE!!!
on March 16, 2017
Happy St. Patrick's Day, Curious Goerge by H.A Rey is very cute for any Curious George fan. The story is written in poetry style and each tab has a different poem on it (all of which pertain to St. Patricks Day). The illustrations are cute and the poems are nice. I had purchased this for my toddler daughter, however the poems are a bit long and she loses interest after one or two tabs, so I would suggest this for children more in the 3-5 year old range.
on March 14, 2017
I feel like the rating 3 and up is incorrect. My 3 1/2 year old granddaughter loves Curious George, so I ordered the book thinking it would be age appropriate. Most of the cardboard books with tabs and such are simple and colorful enough to hold a 3 year olds attention. The story was much to wordy and long for her. It might be more suited for 5 and up...that is, if they still like Curios George at that age.
on June 14, 2016
My daughter just can't seem to get into this one...and she LOVES books and stories. She always shuts it before I get too far into the story.
on March 12, 2017
I purchased 2 of these for my grandsons. I have always loved Curious George and have purchased other books in the series. These books are durable for their little hands and although they may be a little young, they will enjoy the explainations about St. Patrick as they grow.
on April 24, 2017
Cute little book. My grandson LOVES Curious George so I ordered it for him for St. Patrick's Day. The reason I only gave it 3 stars whas I thought it had sound when you touched the side pictures and it didn't. But all in all, a cute book.
on May 1, 2017
Our family is Irish and I have noticed there aren't as many St. Patrick's Day books as there are for other holidays. Our 3 and 1 year old love Curious George so this was a good fit for them.
on March 17, 2017
Bought for 2 1/2 yo. Cute book but didn't hold her attention. May enjoy this book more next year. Curious George was a favorite when I was a little girl and can share with my granddaughter.