Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 196 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 223 reviews
on April 24, 2016
This is a very cute board book for babies and toddlers. I am a mom of two toddlers; a 4-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter. They both enjoy reading this book with me. The writing is simplistic so that it is easy for young children to understand. Mouse makes valentines for all his friends; he makes each of his friends a special personalized card based on what they like. In addition to being a nice quick read for my toddlers, this book also helped motivate them (especially my son) to want to make valentines.
on February 20, 2017
Very cute board book version of "If You Give..." series. We already own another board book of this series "The Best Mouse Cookie", and so I knew this was going to be a short, simple story. Mouse is making special Valentines for his friends - if your little ones already recognize some of the other characters from the series, and know their stories, it makes reading this book that much more fun. I appreciate the 'giving' example the book sets about friendship, and loving one another for each individuals unique qualities.
on March 3, 2017
Cute book for Littles but my 3 1/2 year old got a little bored with it as there aren't many word but the illustrations are cute and all the friends from the series are included
on February 22, 2014
I work with preschoolers and wanted a simple book that I could use for Valentine's day. This is it! It is simple and not too wordy….their attentions are short :) I like that the mouse makes valentines for his animal friends. That made it simple for me to find some toy animals to use with the story to make it even more interesting for the children. Of course, we followed up the story with some making of our own Valentines. The book arrived quickly and was in 'new' condition, as described.
on January 25, 2015
Very simplistic storytelling with charming illustrations about a creative mouse making various Valentines for his closest animal friends and each page describing what he sees in them with the final page having all his friends visiting him before he has a chance to deliver them. Nice hardcover with very thick page boards for a thoughtful Valentine gift.
on May 20, 2014
....That these books are so popular- whether it's an adult reading it to their child or the child is old enough to read it themselves- the "story" is entertaining, humorous and the illustrations are cute. From "When You Give A Mouse A Cookie"- ( one of Ms Numeroff's first publications that we started with) to the many numerous other books she has written and which now include Holiday themes-- You can't go wrong. This "Valentine" one is for my adult "child" to add to the collection. I now have to buy more for my young grandkids cause that "adult" child refuses to give them up! Oh, yeah- the books have lessons in "sharing" too!
on March 17, 2017
Thought this was a cute book. 2 1/2 was not engaged with this book. Maybe more appropriate next year.
on April 10, 2017
Did not hold the interest of my little one. The writing is kind of boring and doesn't flow well.
on March 24, 2017
A fun and festive read! My daughter liked the adorable pictures and it was a nice intro to the holiday.
on February 16, 2017
We love Laura Numeroff's Books based on the (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie). This book was no disappointment. Various characters from the collection of her books are included in this story. A great simple read board book for young children.