- File Size: 761 KB
- Print Length: 301 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0987743929
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Red Bucket Publishing (December 22, 2013)
- Publication Date: December 22, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B009YCR62K
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#124,846 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #276 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Fantasy & Supernatural
- #958 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- #3697 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $10.00 (77%)
Harbinger (The Bleeding Worlds Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 301 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
The story is typical for the urban fantasy genre - high school boy discovers mystical powers and has to save the world, plus some first love romance mixed in.
Apart from some minor flaws in the writing (spelling mistakes, confusing jumps from one chapter to another) the two major complaints I have are the following:
- Boring characters. There is just nothing special about any character (apart from their powers). Don't get me wrong, the characters are likeable and fit into the story, they are just not ... interesting.
- Inconsistencies in the story and world. While the whole concept of multiple dimensions/versions of the earth and so on has potential, it introduces a rather complex universe and there a several logical faults in the story. And I am not talking about physics. Rather flaws which result from the concept of the universe the author himself introduced. Plus, there is very little explaining done about ... well ... a lot of things. Sometimes the story feels rushed. A lot of things just seem to happen to move the story forward.
While this might sound pretty negative, the book is actually quite entertaining and some of the things I mentioned can easily be overlooked.
I would recommend this series for readers who like urban fantasy and are looking for new reading material.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Fantasy & Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban