- RAM: 2000000 MB
- RAM Type: SDRAM
Hard Candy Cases Street Skin Case for Apple iPad, Black, (RU-IPAD-BLK)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Full access to all medial controls
- Snap-on integrated screen enclosure
- Form-fitting TPU rubber for better protection, less stretching and easier cleaning
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
This case is made out of flexible thick plastic that provides excellent protection. The screen protector is made out of the same material and provides maximum protection for your screen. The grooves in the case gives you extra grip so the iPad cannot easily slip out of your hand.
The main reason I choose this case is because the screen protector is removable and easily stores on the back of the case. My original apple case opened like a book but the flap of the case interfered with my ability to get a good grip while using the iPad.
UPDATE!!...............I still like this case BUT it makes my iPad feel a bit heavy(bulky) AND the detachable cover seemed like a good idea but I eventually stopped using the cover because I didn't want to carry it around with me. I now use a "Casecrown Canvas Flip Stand Case", my new case is a BETTER version of the official apple iPad case. You can find them on amazon, they have a vertical and horizontal version of the same case and they are available in black, gray or purple.
Likes: the fit and the materials are great. The Hard Candy Street case fits the iPad tighter than OJ's glove. And the grip makes you feel like the iPad is secure. It is very good looking and if you are carrying it around with the screen cover on it does not look like you are carrrying an iPad. The openings for the iPad's few ports and switches are perfect. The corner tabs for attaching the screen cover work fine and easy. I like the fact that the screen cover can attach to the back of the iPad and clip perfectly on the corner tabs to secure it while in use. Oh the material - it is soft but feels hard once installed on the iPad.
My son bought one of those fancy leather portfolio cases for his iPad. When he saw my Hard Candy street case he said he would return his and get the Hard Candy case.
Cons: They were out of Black! I had to get the Clear one. The Hot Pink was not a consideration. I wish they made them in more colors - like bright Yellow!
Shipped from Amazon in just 2 days despite the fact that Amazon said it would take 5-7 days! Comes in a fancy box too.
- This thing is solid. It feels like my iPad could fall onto a hard floor and escape without damage.
- It provides extra grip. I'm sure anyone who has used an iPad can relate to to the feeling of needing a bit more grip when holding the tablet. This case makes it feel less likely that it is going to slip out of your hands.
- It doesn't add a lot of bulk. Don't get me wrong, this will make your svelte iPad a little larger, but the tradeoff is a good one. You will get solid protection and feel more secure when holding the iPad itself. Overall, it's a nice balance between protection and size.
- Related to the above point, the case still allows me to put the iPad into my netbook slipcase. This provides an extra layer of protection and weather proofing when carrying my iPad around. So if you have a netbook slipcase that you've been carrying your iPad around in, this case should still allow you to use that case if you want (as long as the fit isn't already pretty snug).
What needs work:
- This thing is a literal pain to put on. It can be tough getting the strong black plastic around all the corners on the iPad.
-The screen protector is nice to have, but because of the way it is designed it can become cumbersome when removed. It would have been nice if they could have designed something like other cases where the screen cover can be used as a kickstand or something like that.
It's a great case. The positives far outweigh the negatives and it will provide solid and stylish protection for your expensive gadget.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The case itself is fine. The only problem I have with it is the cutout for the power switch is not big enough. It is very hard to use the power switch. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Joe M
Started to discolor after a few years but survived being taken around the world.Published 23 months ago by Shawn S.
I really goofed up. Bad choice for the intended recipient. Lovely case. Forgot to send it back ... now what?Published on June 27, 2014 by MarySZ
It's not for iPad 2 it blocks the read camera also the iPad feels a little loose inside the case!Published on April 11, 2014 by JOSE BRITO
Love this case for daily use. I also bought a Snugg leather case for more proffesional occasions. But for my daily use, this case gives complete protection. Read morePublished on October 26, 2013 by icarlp