BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by st vincent PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on April 16, 2017
I enjoyed this book and I look forward to more from this author. The writing had a steady flow with a clear picture of what was going on.

The characters are likable with the exception of Bryson, who to me is a douche nozzle.

These two were hot together, but at times I did find them a bit wishy washy. I won't let that stand in my way. I will for sure be reading more.
on April 27, 2017
Story line was good. The book itself really boring, i'm sorry I just couldn't get into this book. I had to really force myself to finish it and when I did the cliffhanger sucked! It was not even a cliffhanger that even remotely makes me want to get the second book!! If you like extremely wordy, dragged out, passionless stories then this is the book for you, otherwise don't waste your money!
on February 12, 2013
Natalie is starting over. She has moved to Florida to start a new life and escape the fact that her longtime boyfriend Bryson broke her heart by cheating on her. She is having trouble letting go. She is not looking for love or a relationship, just fun and freedom.

(Quote)For a very long time, I knew that my heart would remain shattered. And for a very long time, I was going to stay clear of falling in love.

Nolan...They had an interesting first meeting. I do not think I have read a meeting like that in any other book. I liked how he was hard for Nat to shake and just kept appearing. Nolan is charismatic, confident, charming, funny, and not afraid to go after what he wants. They have immediate chemistry. And Natalie is determined she does not have more to give. I loved how he pushed Natalie and how he was initially the restrained one.

"I take it that someone has hurt you before. That's the only reason that a girl would want "just sex". If she's been hurt or if she's a prostitute..."Which one are you, Natalie?"

"But with that, there comes a price. If I give you more right now, I'll possibly have to give you my heart and when I do, I won't feel free anymore."

Natalie's continued depression and obsession over Bryson was annoying at times, but realistic behavior for a girl who was cheated on. A typical response is to build a wall. Nolan just chipped away at it mercilessly. He is pushy and funny and you cannot help but like him.

"I know you're not stupid. If you were, those panties would have been mine already."

"Agree to go on a real date with me tomorrow and I'll take things slowly, otherwise I'll show up at your doorstep every day and drag you out myself. If I have to, I'll come in with you. I'll do anything to get to know you--anything to know what really goes on in that head of yours."

So they are at odds at what each of them thinks they want and thinks they need. It takes them a bit to get on the same page between having more of a relationship and having sex. But they had steamy chemistry, and eventually lots of hot sex scenes including some public displays. There are communication issues, omissions, half truths, exes, old friends, and minor drama that interfere in their relationship. They were not the most adept at communication and sometimes I just wanted to slap some sense into them. But they were able to express themselves a little more with her poetry and his songs. Some of the more emotional sharing came out of those.

I would have liked to have alternating POVs just to get more into Nolan's head, but at least he was vocal enough that you had insight into his feelings. Sometimes he was too vocal and I thought he would chase her farther away if he did not stop admitting his faults and past indiscretions. But he wanted to change just as much as Natalie needed change.

"It's obvious that I want you and I find it beyond obvious that you want me. You can only resist my offer fro so long. I want you to fall for me, just like I want to fall for you. I can already feel it happening I want to change."

"I don't want to be on the list of your regrets. I want to be the good guy. What can I say?"

I liked how both characters faced their past issues and insecurities and attempted to build a healthier future. It was a story of learning to let go, having faith, opening up, and taking a chance with your heart.

This couple's story is not completely finished, but Shanora is working on book 2 so we will get to see more from our couple then. I am looking forward to their continued relationship and more from her wild friend Harper and his hot surfer friend Dawson who had equally challenging pasts to deal with. And I think we will get to know his brother Mills more too in the future.

Note the author made some positive changes in the book since the ARC that are not reflected in my review.
Thanks to Shanora Williams for the ARC and opportunity to read and review her book.
on April 8, 2013
Let me start off by saying YUM!!!! I purchased this book when it came out and I finally made the time to read it. I am really enjoying this New Adult craze and I hope it's around to stay. Back to the book...it's labeled as New Adult but I think it's teetering on the edge of Erotica. Not that I'm complaining.. it was totally hot.

The main chick Natalie has been burned by love. She decides she needs a change and moves to Miami with her friend Harper. There meets this super fine specimen named Nolan but vows to stay single. I really loved Natalie's character. After all that she has been through, she's still a strong chick. She's not one of those shy annoying girls. I hate those.Oh, and Nathan, that man is hotter than Hades. You kiss your mother with that mouth? He has such a hot way of speaking. I just wanna lick him!!

Hard to Resist is such an appropriate title because, well, it irresistible. You can feel the chemistry steaming off the pages. I want to say it would be quick, satisfying read but I took my time with it. I had to savor each and every moment of this tasty morsel. It had more than just romance. It was full of heartbreak, strength and the power of true love. I hope you will all read and Natalie and Nolan's journey.
on March 2, 2013
I loved Shanora's book "Obtained" but I loved this one more. I love when Nolan and Natalie first meet:
"I'm alright, I'm fine," I breathe. "I'm just glad that I didn't...tun over you."
He raises both of his eyebrows. "Oh. Good." Sighing he rocks on his heels while tucking the tips of his fingers into his back pockets. "I guess I'll just be on my way then."
I love Nolan's bluntness, it's truly funny, he says things that I don't even think Natalie knew what to do with. "Well, I was just hoping that you weren't a prostitute," he sighs. "I would much rather you be a brokenhearted girl than a night streaking whore. I can't get through to a hoe, but a broken heart - well those can be easily mended with time." His bluntness continued to amaze and entertain me when he picks up Natalie for their first date:
"You wallet?" His eyebrows pull together. "What do you need your wallet for?"
"Um, to pay for my food," I mumbled a hint of sarcasm.
"I'll be damned if I let you pay for anything while you're with me. Come on." He demands, cocking his head to the right.
"Nolan-"
"Natalie." He raises an eyebrow as his smile fades. "I'm serious. Bring your pretty ass on."
I felt the book ended to early and I also have a feeling that there will be a sequel.
on May 4, 2013
So amazing!!! This book had me at the edge of my seat the whole time, amazing characters and a great plot. I seriously was sad when it ended, can't wait for book two!!! I know anything the fantastic Shanora Williams writes is worth reading!! I'm a big fan! I highly recommend this book:)

Nolan + Natalie= amazing couple!!!
on August 27, 2013
So happy I'm not a quitter as the drama in book .5 had me questioning the rest of the series. Im all for suspense, mystery and normal drama but not the completely dumb girl being totally blind claiming whoa is me over and over again in .5. Nat finally grew a personality and it's great reading about how she deals with the past & lives in the present. The relationship with Nolan is sweet & the sex scene in the bathroom is amazingly intense & hot. I had to fan myself while reading it to stay cool. I'm curious as to where it goes from here as Nolan leaves Miami to take care of his sick mom in San Francisco. ps that's not a spoiler as that's written in the next books preview. ;-) I would never spoil a good book as any of my friends will tell you.
on August 20, 2013
I almost didn't read the book because of a few bad reviews I read. One mentioned the author describing Nat saying she was doing something out of habit after only knowing Nolan a few days. When I read the passage in the story using the word habit I believe the author meant in general when Nat is kissing a man it's a habit for her to put her hands up around the guy's neck she's kissing not that it was a habit with Nolan. There really weren't any big fights with misunderstandings between the two either. I don't think I read the same book as the peeps who gave the story bad reviews.
I thought it was very well written & looking forward to now reading the conclusion of Nat & Nolan's love story in Hard to Hold Onto. You won't be disappointed!!
on March 19, 2014
There are no words that can adequately describe my love for this book. But I'm gonna try.
Natalie and Nolan have the type of story that keeps you engaged from beginning to end. I read this on one sitting. I just finished it early 3:18am EST.
Natalie is heartbroken after being cheated on. Nolan wants to "fixed." Together, they are just beautiful.
There is no more I can say except I am now going to sleep because when I wake up I will be reading their continued story. And Harper's too.
on March 13, 2013
I so enjoyed reading your book. It was different from all the romance novels that I have been reading. I really felt close to the characters like I could feel their emotions both happy and sad. I was quite emotional in certain parts of the book. I actually had a lump in my throat at times and very close to tears a few times. I want to read the sequel that comes out in May 2013, but going by the title of your next book I am so afraid that the two players may continue their romance long distance,and I don't think I could take the hurt and disappointment that I would feel about the two main characters not staying together forever.