Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on October 6, 2015
There is still much debate over whether this or "The Nature of the Beast" is the definitive April Wine album. Hell, some old die-hards will even go so far as to say that "Electric Jewels" is the hallmark, but this era of the band, post-Brian Greenway, is what most people think of when they think of the band. Three guitars, big hooks all with an occasional ballad thrown in for good measure here and there is what comes to the listener's mind when it comes to the Wine. I think that the first song of theirs that I heard was probably "Roller" but I had no idea it was them. I can remember vividly first hearing "I Like To Rock", the kick-off track from this very record. It was the Summer of 2005 and I was working a Mechanical Contract job in Rochester, PA. Radio was pretty much boring and dead but I would still take the time to listen to the all-request lunch on WDVE. It was the only time they were interesting anymore. Someone called in and requested that song and boy did it take me on a trip. Rolling in with that riff and then hitting you with that big chorus before that ingenious fade-out mashing together The Beatles "Day Tripper" and the Stones "Satisfaction". "Tonite" is a decent mid-paced rocker while newcomer Brian Greenaway gets a rare lead vocal on his own "Before The Dawn" and the angular riff of "Babes In Arms" is a very well-written track that stands out from the rest of the album. Lastly, a daring cover of the King Crimson classic "21st Century Schizoid Man" has guitarists Myles Goodwyn, Brian Greenaway and Gary Moffet throwing down over a hellacious drum pattern from Jerry Mercer. It takes balls to cover Crimson, and these guys do it without falling on their faces. This one is a sure-thing in terms of the band's catalog. Get it, throw it on and just ROCK.
on April 24, 2017
Great old time rock n roll
on March 22, 2017
One of my fave bands.
on May 18, 2017
One of my fav bands
on March 8, 2017
Classic rock
on January 26, 2006
Late 70's early 80's was a great time in rock music. Punk had come along with bands like the Ramones and the Clash, Metal had taken hold with bands like Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Judas Priest. This was the first I had heard of April Wine, and I think I bought it for the cover, as the car looks like the 75 Dodge Duster I used to drive. I was very pleasantly surprised when I put this on the turntable and it rocked!! I Like To Rock, Tonight, 21st Century Schizoid Man, all made this a great album that we played over and over during the summer of 1980. I recently thought about this band again after seeing Frank Marino play in October of 2005, (he is still rocking out like nobody's business), and picked up this CD. It sounded as great as the first time I remember hearing it at age 17, fresh, slightly raw, great guitar work, catchy hooks. Album is somewhat short, as was common at the time, a little over 30 minutes, but not a dull one.
on April 17, 2017
GREAT SOUND FROM A CLASSIC BAND
on March 20, 2013
“Harder …Faster” was a lot of fun to listen to. Starting with the anthem track “I Like To Rock” moving into the hit “Say Hello” followed by the solid “Tonight” These first three tracks are a great start to one of my favorite straight ahead rock albums from this era. Not to be missed as well is “Before The Dawn”. When this album was released the band ran commercials featuring the car racing through the streets of, I assume, Montreal featuring several tracks from “Harder…Faster”
on April 28, 2007
If you are a fan of rock, Canadian rock or April Wine, Harder Faster is their best work. It was their first album with the three guitar attack and their first album that received decent airplay in the States. Nature of the Beast, AW's next album was commercially more successful, but it was musically not as good. AW was on top of their game with this album. Their sound was raw, not polished like their next records and it was great rock & roll. The three guitars gave them their own unique sound and allowed interplay between them that was unlike anybody else. Everyone should have a little AW in their collection and this is the album to have. AW was not as good before or after Harder Faster. Enjoy!
on March 22, 2017
Classic album. Good rock and roll. I had this on cassette, and had to have it on vinyl. I highly recommend this album