Hario V60 Buono Pouring Kettle (1.2L)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stainless steel
- Easy-grip handle
- Flat knob lid
- Capacity of 1.2 litre, Directly use for drip coffee
- Used with Hario V60 Coffee Dripper. Made in China
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Suitable for electric, ceramic, induction and gas stoves.
- 27-Ounce capacity, 3-4 cups
- Easy to use, can be used directly on IH range, gas, or electric stove
Hario VKB-100HSV V60 Bouno Coffee Drip Kettle
The best kettle for pouring hot water to coffee dripper. Thin spout for easy pouring. Flat nob of lid to put on a table. Can used directly on an IH range, electric and gas stoves. Can be used with Hario V60 Coffee Drippers. Made of Stainless Steel.
Ideal to achieve a precise, controlled infusion when preparing filter coffee by hand.
This allows a uniform infusion without ‘cratering’ in the middle of the ground coffee and allows the coffee to elicit its maximum aroma.
Due to the geometry of the gooseneck spout and the body specially developed for the brewing of coffee with the hand pouring method, the Buono kettle allows a particularly dosed pouring of the brewing water. In addition, the kettle is very well balanced With its lightweight design, it also enables use in professional coffee shops. In conjunction with the Hario V60 coffee filter holders and other accessory items from the Hario V60 assortment, the coffee preparation becomes a special experience which is rewarded with a special coffee taste.
Hario's V60 Buono Coffee Drip Kettle is a stunning stainless steel kettle that's easy to use, and offers a thin spout for easy pouring. Has a generous capacity of 27 ounces of liquid, or roughly 3-4 cups. Works with IH ranges, and gas and electric stoves. Is perfectly compatible with Hario's V60 Coffee Drippers.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The kettle is cheap, it felt light and flimsy, more like galvanized tin than stainless steel (check photos of bottom of kettle). The welding points on the spout were bad, the lid didn't fit quite right, so if you pick the kettle up and tilt it, the lid slides around. I didn't bother with it and prepared to return it.
I went down to my local foodie shop, On The Table (in French) where they had this kettle in stock AND they price matched.The one they had was made in Japan, so I compared the two. Absolutely nothing to compare. The qualities were like night and day. (Chinese product on the left or first picture, Japanese on the right or second picture)
If you're interested in this kettle, I would recommend getting one locally to ensure you're getting the one that's Made in Japan.
I used a regular pot with a pour spout 3 months before I purchased this kettle. The following points are based primarily on the differences I noticed between the regular pot and the kettle.
1. The pour control with the kettle is VASTLY superior to the control you get with a product with a normal "spout" area. The kettle's thin spout and long distance the water has to travel gives you a small, smooth stream in which to pour on your coffee grounds.
2. Because of the points in #1, the kettle allows you to pour water over the coffee smoothly and at a consistent pace, therefore giving you an EVEN extraction of your coffee, which translates to a nice, consistent taste in your cup. This is what you're going for.
3. The kettle holds enough water for about 5 regular cups of coffee (i.e. it holds ~40 ounces of water). I own the 40oz Chemex coffee maker, so for me, a full kettle = a full pot of coffee.
4. The kettle is SAFE to boil your water with. However, the conductivity of the kettle's metal is not as good as a standard pot, so it will take you roughly twice as long to boil water in the kettle versus boiling it in a pot. (I bought a separate water kettle for this reason.)
5. As mentioned in other reviews, this kettle is hard to clean. The opening is hard to get your hand into, and the small spout makes everything but a pipe cleaner impossible to clean the inside. If you live in an area with hard water (like I do), then you'll want to filter your water before using this kettle to cut down on the deposit build up.
Hands-down, this kettle gives you the control you need to make an excellent cup of coffee. If you brew your coffee through a pour over method (such as the Chemex), then this is the kettle for you. Other than the cleaning difficulty and long(ish) time it takes for this kettle to boil water, I highly recommend this product.
'Hope you found this helpful!
The cooktop took 4 minutes to boil 1 liter of water in the Kettle, starting with tap water that was pretty much room temp.